The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali Klitschko Standing for the Ukraine Parliament

+4
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
The Galveston Giant
bhb001
8 posters

Go down

Vitali Klitschko Standing for the Ukraine Parliament Empty Vitali Klitschko Standing for the Ukraine Parliament

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:14 pm

I have read on the BBC web site that Vitali may quit if he gets into the Ukraine Parliament in October. This got me thinking, which boxers, past and present, would you have liked to see hold public office, which office and why? May be it is Ricky Hatton as Minsiter for Food. Chisora in the diplomatic core. Terry Marsh as the Minister for Justice. Any suggestions on this slow Monday?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Vitali Klitschko Standing for the Ukraine Parliament Empty Re: Vitali Klitschko Standing for the Ukraine Parliament

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm sure his next fight is his last.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Vitali Klitschko Standing for the Ukraine Parliament Empty Re: Vitali Klitschko Standing for the Ukraine Parliament

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:33 pm

He's already failed in a bid to get into power a few years ago (was he out with a knee injury at the time?). I wonder what's changed to make him think this time will be any different.

Such a shame my focus these days, isn't on Eastern Bloc politics.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:50 pm

He's got nothing better to do judging by the standard of opposition he's just announced for his next fight - Charr, a 240lb 6'3" nobody. He could probably turn up tomorrow and beat him.

How about Anthony Small as peace-envoy to the Middle East??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Vitali's largely been treading water since his 2008 comeback in any case, and he's certainly slown down a touch, as well as possibly losing a little of that killer instinct. Rumours abound of his continued struggles with injury and surgery, and he seems quite happy to let Wladimir take on the unifications and top ranked contenders while he just builds up his numbers on the side.

In short, I see little point in him carrying on regardless of anything else, but his political efforts make fighting on even further pretty much redundant.

He knows too much for the promising young pups like Price, Wilder, Mitchell and Fury, and is simply a class above everyone else outside of his brother. Unless he fights Haye I'm not really interested in any future Vitali bout, so I'd much prefer him to step aside and let Wladimir "have his reign" so to speak.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:18 pm

What odds on Vitali and Wlad being joint-leaders as opposed to just one of them being "the man"? Could their political coalition be any more pathetic than the one we're currently saddled with...or the one we're saddled with in the HW division?

Personally I feel Vitali has gone into politics as he's realised it's less corrupt than boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Haye should move heaven and high-water to make the Vitali fight. Take 25% if that's all they'll give, hell, take 10%! If ever Vitali was there for the taking, it's now.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:55 pm

I'm certain lots of people, Haye included, will be crying that Vitali is ducking Haye, but I think that is baloney. Vitali is moving on to the next stage of his life, changing career. He has nothing to prove to the current crop of heavyweights and so good luck to him. You could easily be looking at President Klitschko in 15 years time!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:56 pm

TopHat

Whilst that's true, I feel Haye has peed in his own pocket with the likes of Boente. It's too easy these days for Boente to justify why Haye should NOT be given a fight. His performance against Wlad can't really be held against him (except by the British press and public) but his attitude towards the K's over the years hasn't help his cause.

IF Haye beats Chisora inside the distance, he'll have a valid claim for a shot at Vitali, IF the fight with Chisora does big numbers, he'll have a valid claim for a shot at Vitali but I feel that it will be to no avail as Boente will come up with any number of counters to whatever argument Haye puts forward

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Vitali probably knows that being a crook with good manners works well in boxing as well as politics. He can fleece the people of Ukraine as he (and his brother) have been doing in boxing.

Also very interestig that more people seem to be coming round to my way of thinking when I said that Haye could beat Vitali and would favour him if they fought.

The Vitali that beat Chisora would get knocked out by Haye.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:01 pm

bhb001 wrote:I'm certain lots of people, Haye included, will be crying that Vitali is ducking Haye, but I think that is baloney. Vitali is moving on to the next stage of his life, changing career. He has nothing to prove to the current crop of heavyweights and so good luck to him. You could easily be looking at President Klitschko in 15 years time!!

So we STILL won't win Eurovison

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Very droll, Dave. Accurate as well!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:09 pm

azania wrote:Also very interestig that more people seem to be coming round to my way of thinking when I said that Haye could beat Vitali and would favour him if they fought.

I don't see any evidence of this. I definitely believe that haye is outclassed by Vitali and would loose badly if they ever fought. A part from yourself, I don't see anyone going that Haye would definitely win. Some give him a chance, but that's about it.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:17 pm

I don't see Haye being outclassed BADLY, I just feel he would need to be able to carry out any gameplan his team came up with. His theoretical plan to beat Wlad was sound, it was just he lacked the ability to put it ino practice, coupled with Wlad nullifying him when he tried.

His tactics to beat Vitali would undoubtedly be sound. Whether or not he could carry them out would remain to be seen. Solis was using his speed before he caught caught and twanged his knee. It would have been interesting to see how THAT panned out for a few rounds.

Vitali doesn't really have a game plan, he tends to rely on being bigger and tougher than everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Dave, that is a pretty balanced opinion. It's the odd person (emphasis on the odd) that suggests that if Haye turns up then he is going to win. Haye would have to fight the best fight of his life to even trouble Vitali and fight out of his skin to beat him.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Dave, totally hear what you're saying and, re getting/deserving the fight I agree. Hence why I said he should practically bend over to get it.

However regarding how well he'd perform I see him doing a lot better than against Wlad. I was really impressed with Wlad's mobility against Haye, this combined with the defensive techniques Manny has drilled into him completely nullified Haye however Vitali has never had much defence (he relys on his granite chin) which is why he's always been the more exciting brother to watch.

However, especially recently, he is much more ponderous than his younger brother and still leaves himself fairly open therefore, whilst I'm certain Haye still couldn't knock him out, I can see him picking up rounds by employing the simple aim of the sport - hit without getting hit. The analogy does a disservice to Vit but he is (now) almost like a half-way house between Wlad and Valuev. With fair/independent judges I could see Haye sneaking it by 2-3 rounds.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:36 pm

bhb001 wrote:
azania wrote:Also very interestig that more people seem to be coming round to my way of thinking when I said that Haye could beat Vitali and would favour him if they fought.

I don't see any evidence of this. I definitely believe that haye is outclassed by Vitali and would loose badly if they ever fought. A part from yourself, I don't see anyone going that Haye would definitely win. Some give him a chance, but that's about it.

I've said many times that never in a month of sundays will Haye beat Wlad. Wlad may be boring, but as a pure boxer he is head and shoulders better than Haye (literally also). But Vitali is another matter. He is not as good as Wlad, but tougher. Now he is ponderously slow and easy to hit. Haye will find the target often and Vitali swings and hits air. I have a feeling that the accuracy and cleaner punches will eventually take its effect and KO him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:41 pm

Evander Holyfied - Secretary of state for work and pensions
Floyd Mayweather Jnr - Minister for women and equality
Naseem Hamed - Secretary of state for transport

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:52 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Evander Holyfied - Secretary of state for work and pensions
Floyd Mayweather Jnr - Minister for women and equality
Naseem Hamed - Secretary of state for transport

Tyson Fury - Culture Secretary

Dereck Chisora - Education Secretary ("I will physically educate these kids")

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Roger mayweather -Foreign Secretary

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Amir Khan - Minister of Communications. Lots of practice on those tweets of his

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Frank Warren - Spin Doctor

Would try make you believe anything.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Mike Tyson - PRIME Minister

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:55 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Mike Tyson - PRIME Minister

So he'd be defeated when he faced the first guy at Prime Minister's Questions who answered back and wasn't afraid of him?

Debate would also rage as to whether or not he could have taken a peak Winston Churchill or if he was really Neville Chamberlain with a great Spin Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:00 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Mike Tyson - PRIME Minister
Laugh clap

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down