The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The way forward for the WWE

+3
Mr H
Fernando
Buzzman
7 posters

Go down

The way forward for the WWE Empty The way forward for the WWE

Post by Buzzman Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:23 am

Although the WWE gets a lot of stick, I really do believe the talent is there to take the product to new heights. Quite simply what is needed, is a over haul of the structure. These are the steps that I would take to push the WWE to new heights:

1) One world title, scrap the World Heavyweight Championship and simply keep the WWE Championship as the main belt on the roster.
2) Scrap the US title, just pointless really.
3) Bring back the Crusierweight title, give it a new name and look by all means but this title could bring about a new exciting division where the title would be built up properly and defended regularly as well. I would also introduce the rule where the belt can be won at any place and at any time like it was with the hardcore title.
4) Tag team division. I would really push tag teams and try to make the tag titles relevant once more!
5) Stroylines - seems basic, but storylines within each of the various divisions from main scene, to each of the different titles. Most wrestlers need to be involved in an active stroyline ... step up the creative writers.

As for which wrestlers would be in which bracket, I would have it as the following:

WWE Championship: CM Punk, John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Wade Barret, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Ryback (in the long run) Dolph Ziggler (eventually) The Rock (while he's around) Brock Lesnar (while he's around)

Intercontinental Championship: Jack Swagger, Alberto Del Rio, Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, David Otunga, Mason Ryan, The Miz, Ezequiel Jackson, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Cesaro, Sandow, Mcintyre etc

Crusierweight division: Rey Mysterio (just to raise the profile) Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Tyson Kidd, Hunico, JTG, Evan Bourne (if he sticks around) Santino Marella, Kofi Kingston and R Truth.

Tag Team division: Tyler Reks + Curt Hawkins, Epico + Primo, The Uso's, Prime Time Playerz + the Acension (from NXT).

Futhermore you have the likes of Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt who can all make the step up from NXT. All 3 of these have big futures if booked correctly.

So what are your thoughts? Feel free to criticise or pitch in with any other ideas? Also how far do you think Wyatt, Ambrose and Rollins can make it on the main roster.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

The way forward for the WWE Empty Re: The way forward for the WWE

Post by Fernando Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:52 am

I agree with all most everything there except

whilst i agree i don't see Ryback getting near the main even unless something major happens reaction wise.

ADR clearly has a imcriminating photo of someone to keep getting main event matches

Sin Cara will get released in the near future

If Ambrose/Rollins go to their ability and not give crap storyline their make the main event eventually.

Wyatt won't be seen for a while due to a shoulder injury think dislocated it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:59 am

In other words Buzzman, you want the WWE to basically just be a normal wrestling promotion?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:47 pm

Been thinking for a while, WWE needs something like the X division. Could ever bring back the ECW Title and put a weight restriction on it, maybe?

I love tag team wrestling when its done right, like the look of the Acension from what i've seen on Youtube.

They need a creative writing team for each division, give them a roster and tell how long they have each week to do something.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:48 pm

Mr H wrote:In other words Buzzman, you want the WWE to basically just be a normal wrestling promotion?

effectively yes! WWE is already the biggest wrestling organisation, and will continue to be unless something drastic were to happen. There's to much emphasis on twitter and lots of other pointless things, storlines and execution are the main problems at the moment. If they can get that sorted, then i dont mind them talking about twitter or advertising subway before a match.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

VDT wrote:Been thinking for a while, WWE needs something like the X division. Could ever bring back the ECW Title and put a weight restriction on it, maybe?

I love tag team wrestling when its done right, like the look of the Acension from what i've seen on Youtube.

They need a creative writing team for each division, give them a roster and tell how long they have each week to do something.

that's what i was trying to get at with the crusierwight title, and completely agree, writers for each division would be a fantastic idea, does anyone know if this is or isn't the case already? if not, WWE need to get on it!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:47 pm

Fernando wrote:I agree with all most everything there except

whilst i agree i don't see Ryback getting near the main even unless something major happens reaction wise.

ADR clearly has a imcriminating photo of someone to keep getting main event matches

If Ambrose/Rollins go to their ability and not give crap storyline their make the main event eventually.

I don't know why, but I think Ryback has some star quality, although we obviously have to see him in a real feud and on the mic before we can make a real judgement! Totally agree about ADR, incredibly overrated! Sin Cara is good, but he just doesn't fit in at all, and he needs to fight someone small otherwise it is a borefest! I don't really find his matches interesting as they are. Think that's why a cruiserweight division is definately needed.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:51 pm

Buzzman wrote:

I don't know why, but I think Ryback has some star quality, although we obviously have to see him in a real feud and on the mic before we can make a real judgement! Totally agree about ADR, incredibly overrated! Sin Cara is good, but he just doesn't fit in at all, and he needs to fight someone small otherwise it is a borefest! I don't really find his matches interesting as they are. Think that's why a cruiserweight division is definately needed.

I find it ironic that you dismiss Alberto Del Rio is overrated, yet rate a man who we have only seen in squashes. Ryback is just Vince's flavour of the month and I am 99% sure will not be in the main event for years to come, Mason Ryan was the same just a couple of months ago. Sin Cara's matches with Hunico, who is also small were incredibly boring so I don't know what gives you the idea that he can be interesting against people who are small.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:08 am

Buzzman wrote:
VDT wrote:Been thinking for a while, WWE needs something like the X division. Could ever bring back the ECW Title and put a weight restriction on it, maybe?

that's what i was trying to get at with the crusierwight title, and completely agree, writers for each division would be a fantastic idea, does anyone know if this is or isn't the case already? if not, WWE need to get on it!

Of course they do,
- They have a huge team that concentrate solely on John Cena (about 99.8% of the whole creative team)
- Silent Bob in the corner for the tag teams.
- A 13 year old boy with a Barbie fetish for the Divas.
- They had Pete for the Cruiserweights but he retired about 4 years ago and hasn't been replaced.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:20 am

Crimey wrote:
Buzzman wrote:

I find it ironic that you dismiss Alberto Del Rio is overrated, yet rate a man who we have only seen in squashes. Ryback is just Vince's flavour of the month and I am 99% sure will not be in the main event for years to come, Mason Ryan was the same just a couple of months ago. Sin Cara's matches with Hunico, who is also small were incredibly boring so I don't know what gives you the idea that he can be interesting against people who are small.

you could call it ironic, but quite simply imo, ADR has nothing about him, he's boring on the mic, decent in the ring and has a rubbish catchphrase, the only good thing about him is his submission. But of course others may disagree. At least with Ryback, he has a good look, a reliastic character which he plays well. The foundations are there, but creative will probably screw it up. Regarding Sin Cara, yeah i'm just clutching at straws here lol, he's a gonner! A cruiserweight division is definately needed for all the other smaller guys though!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 05 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

A realistic character? He doesn't have a character! It's ridiculous how much people on this board rate him consider all he's done is beat up nobodies. I think his look isn't even very good, no where near as good as Goldberg who looked tough...Ryback just looks fake.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:59 pm

I'm just not buying into Ryback as this monumental ass kicker. To me it's as if someone's said to him "Go out there and act intense". For me he just doesn't have the believability that Goldberg had.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 05 Jul 2012, 4:00 pm

He bores me rigid.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 05 Jul 2012, 5:55 pm

like i said everyone has their opinion, I think the difference in our views is perhaps down to me not comparing him to goldberg like everyone else is, rather comparing him to the rest of the roster.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:52 pm

But what he does he actually have? I can't see any qualities other than a good physique, which I think is let down by his goofy face. It's very easy to look impressive when you're wrestling guys whose only job is to make you look impressive.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down