The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who really thinks Fed & Nole have a problem?

+5
banbrotam
Josiah Maiestas
Seifer Almasy
Henman Bill
bogbrush
9 posters

Go down

Who really thinks Fed & Nole have a problem? Empty Who really thinks Fed & Nole have a problem?

Post by bogbrush Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:39 pm

I really don't, that embrace at the net was genuinely warm.

They are tough competitors and they want to kill each other out there but I don't see how true dislike could be reflected in that.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Who really thinks Fed & Nole have a problem? Empty Re: Who really thinks Fed & Nole have a problem?

Post by Henman Bill Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:44 pm

I think they have a problem, - but not a big one. More niggle than hate.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Who really thinks Fed & Nole have a problem? Empty Re: Who really thinks Fed & Nole have a problem?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:46 pm

I think it's media BS as usual.

Just a competitive edge nothing more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:04 pm

I think fed is more annoyed at Djokovic's lack of respect and his chavvy family.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:10 pm

After last year and his many beatings of Nadal, Novak has made it in Feds good books.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:25 pm

bogbrush wrote:I really don't, that embrace at the net was genuinely warm.

They are tough competitors and they want to kill each other out there but I don't see how true dislike could be reflected in that.

If it was the 80's no-one would bat an eyelid - but given our sanitised world where no comments / actions are allowed unless they are all 'nice' then a coiuple of incidents are blown out of proportion

I think Fed did have an issue with Nole (and Murray) resenting the way they thought they could rock up and in the space of a couple of years, dare to say they were there to beat him. However, it's noticable that since Annacone has been in his corner - he's had better things to say about them

I actually think he has a mental hold over Nole anyway

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:53 pm

I think its more that Federer had an issue with his family that time...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:03 pm

There was more warmth in Murray-Tsonga than Federer-Djokovic.

Having said that, Federer and Djokovic do have mutual respect for each other.

Given a choice, Federer would rather have dinner with Yves Allegro/Marco Chiudinelli than show up at Djokovi'c door for an evening.

Nadal and Federer families are very well acquainted.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't know if anyone saw, but Fed spoke about this in an interview this week:

"Q. What is the personal relationship like given a few years ago you made some forceful comments about him from Davis Cup?

ROGER FEDERER: No. I thought that was more brought up by you guys. Not that you guys are to blame, but you guys like to put something between the top players.

I was just upset at him calling the trainer out for no obvious reason against my buddy, Stan, in a five‑setter. That was it. We had a quick chat about it in Madrid after that, and things are cool since a long time between me and him. I've always respected him. Have I gone out for dinner with him? No.

But had many meetings with him at the council, and then now with the Grand Slams. He's been nice to work with. You know, we've met on several occasions because of other things together.

Yeah, I have no issues with him, and I hope you believe me."

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Yep, agree Djokos box is a joke. There a nice saying in Balkans: When the gypsy man got rich, he kicked his father out of the house.

It's same with Djokos family, brash, arrogant, flying high and embarrassing Djoko with silly comments.

You see, style is inherited not bought.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down