The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proud to be a Murray Fan now

3 posters

Go down

Proud to be a Murray Fan now Empty Proud to be a Murray Fan now

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 09 Jul 2012, 2:17 am

I felt heart broken when Murray lost today, yes I wanted Fed to win but didn't want Murray to lose, how many defeats should Murray take before he will be credited with a win only GOD knows.

I can understand the pressure he undergoes every year to keep his fans and supporters happy, I think he realized it today in presentation ceremony as well during his speech later that we fans salute to the effort he put in today and it was only the masterclass from Federer prevented him a trophy.

When Goran won his title many tennis fans were so happy for him coz we all know he deserved one even-though it came late but the important point is, it did come. I am pretty sure Andy's moment will come and we will all cherish with him like how we all cried with him today. kiss

For me a win is more precious when it comes after a lot of struggle, so yes like all his true fans I am prepared to take his defeat and wait for the moment of joy to come, it will come and that day I will cherish it with you and all your fans Andy.

I remember in some of the article how well some of Murray fans undervalued the event and just wanted Murray to give his best and leave the rest, one was from Craig [CC] that as long as Murray gives his best the result would not matter, salutation to it. notworthy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Proud to be a Murray Fan now Empty Re: Proud to be a Murray Fan now

Post by carrieg4 Mon 09 Jul 2012, 9:23 am

Yep, that's the thing with Murray fans, his best is all we ask.

We know he will never be part of a GOAT debate and that he will not be challenging for no. 1 in the very near future.

I see an extremely talented and determined player capable of sublime tennis, fighting to keep up with some of the best players ever to pick up a racquet.

I see a man, stitched up like a kipper by the media when he was just a boy, who must have to avoid media stories about himself just to avoid the "he don't like our football" moron brigade.

I see someone leaving no stone unturned in his battle to improve and get closer to those above him on the biggest stages.

I see someone who never lost his dry sense of humour even when emotionally overwhelmed.

I am a tennis fan first and foremost and have been since watching Mcenroe, Conners, Becker, Edberg et al as a child. I admire other current players tennis and respect their numerous achievements but I don't feel emotionally involved. I am proud to be a Murray fan and, even if he never wins a major, that will not change.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 09 Jul 2012, 1:37 pm

Exactly Carriage thumbsup Hug

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Mon 09 Jul 2012, 8:54 pm

^^^^^^^^

Truth.

Dave.