The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This weeks vintage....

Go down

This weeks vintage.... Empty This weeks vintage....

Post by Brady12 Mon 11 Apr 2011 - 23:41

Did anyone see it? The showed the infamous match between Wendy Ricther & The Fabulous Moolah when Ritcher got screwed... Anyone know any details about this? The match looked truely awful the decisive pin was a 1 count at best & after it had finished Ricther appeared to be attacking Moolah for real

Brady12

Back to top Go down

This weeks vintage.... Empty Re: This weeks vintage....

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 8:28

The Original Screwjob

In 1985, after losing and then regaining the title from rival Leilani Kai at the inaugural WrestleMania, Richter was scheduled to defend her women's title at Madison Square Garden on November 25 of that same year against a mysterious masked opponent known only as The Spider Lady. During the match, The Spider Lady broke from the pre-scripted events and pinned Richter's shoulders to the mat. The referee—who was in on the plan—delivered a swift three count, despite Richter kicking out after a count of one. Richter ignored the bell and continued to attack the Spider, unmasking the new champion to reveal that it was The Fabulous Moolah in disguise.

It was reported that the plan to rid Richter of the title was concocted by WWF Chairman Vince McMahon, who brought in Moolah after Richter refused to sign a new contract with the WWF. Richter, however, claims she was still under her original five year contract, but that she regularly had disagreements with McMahon about her compensation. She also claims that when she arrived at the arena that day, she was surprised to find Moolah backstage, as she never showed up to events at which she was not scheduled to wrestle. After the match, an infuriated Richter left the arena in her wrestling gear, took a cab to the airport, and booked herself on a flight out of New York. Afterward, she never spoke to either McMahon or Moolah again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 10:25

Cheers for that KB, I knew some brief details but watching it was wierd... As the match started I assumed that Ritcher knew it was Moolah (would they not have discussed the match beforehand, or at least communicate during the match) but the way she reacted after the 'end' of the match I assumed not

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 10:28

No worries, i copied it from Wiki as it was easier than explaining.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down