The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arian Foster a Vegan

3 posters

Go down

Arian Foster a Vegan Empty Arian Foster a Vegan

Post by Skyforger Wed 11 Jul 2012, 12:21 am

Caught this story on ESPN at lunch time today, though it seems to have been knocking around for a few days.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8143634/arian-foster-houston-texans-says-going-vegan

The experts seem to think this is a stupid idea, particularly so close to the start of a new season.

Anyone got any thoughts? Should the Texan fans care? Just a publicity stunt?

I'm not aware if any high profile football, soccer or rugby vegans. Is it possible to perform at an elite level without animal proteins?

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Arian Foster a Vegan Empty Re: Arian Foster a Vegan

Post by GurTPL Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:52 pm

Well, Tony Fiammetta(sp?) I believe is vegan, and I think Tony Gonzalez is either vegan or vegetarian, and obviously he's the greatest ever at his position. Ricky Williams was vegan too IIRC? So I don't think it will have a huge effect on Foster - though I do think it would have been better if he had made the decision before OTAs, so he would have had longer to adjust to any effects resulting from the change of diet. I think it's definitely not a publicity stunt, though.

GurTPL

http://pullinglinemen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:54 pm

what about the meat... what is he doing!

Anyway i'm sure he will be fine... he won't be the first as suggested above and he wont be the last, its just ESPN think its newsworthy and they wouldnt for Joe Average

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down