The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Care finds "Relief and happiness" without resorting to hotel doorways

+7
Norfolklass
yappysnap
anotherworldofpain
Poorfour
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
gregortree
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
11 posters

Go down

Danny Care finds "Relief and happiness" without resorting to hotel doorways Empty Danny Care finds "Relief and happiness" without resorting to hotel doorways

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 13 Jul 2012, 12:38 pm

http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2012-13/rugby/story/167160.html

Harlequins and England scrum-half Danny Care says he is "relieved and happy" after police dropped plans to prosecute him over an alleged sexual assault.

Care was arrested by West Yorkshire Police following an incident in Leeds in the early hours of Sunday, March 4. The 25-year-old was bailed pending further inquiries, but his club Harlequins have announced that police have now ended their investigation.

Well there you go, as had been suspected there was about as much in this as there was in the Haskell frolics story during the world cup.

Danny Care, not a sex pest, just a drunk.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Danny Care finds "Relief and happiness" without resorting to hotel doorways Empty Re: Danny Care finds "Relief and happiness" without resorting to hotel doorways

Post by gregortree Fri 13 Jul 2012, 2:46 pm

thumbsup bluuudy press and their histrionics, although no need for Bill to join in the madness.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Danny Care finds "Relief and happiness" without resorting to hotel doorways Empty Re: Danny Care finds "Relief and happiness" without resorting to hotel doorways

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

Great title, PSW Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:39 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Danny Care, not a sex pest, just a reformed drunk.

Fixed that for you. To be fair to Danny, all his problems stemmed from a short period around Christmas where he made mistakes that we could all make (misjudging whether it was a good idea to mouth off at Police in a nightclub, misjudging how quickly he could metabolise his beer, misjudging the size of his bladder and, clearly, misjudging which young women to flirt with). Once he woke up to the issue, he took his lumps, stopped drinking for the rest of the season and found a more consistent vein of form than Youngs.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:49 pm

Is Cipriani any more than the English Henson?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:53 pm

no, he's way behind. Still hasn't done Strictly Come Dancing yet.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 13 Jul 2012, 5:02 pm

Poorfour wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Danny Care, not a sex pest, just a reformed drunk.

Fixed that for you. To be fair to Danny, all his problems stemmed from a short period around Christmas where he made mistakes that we could all make (misjudging whether it was a good idea to mouth off at Police in a nightclub, misjudging how quickly he could metabolise his beer, misjudging the size of his bladder and, clearly, misjudging which young women to flirt with). Once he woke up to the issue, he took his lumps, stopped drinking for the rest of the season and found a more consistent vein of form than Youngs.

+1

He's actually really impressed me with the way he has handled himself since March.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Sat 14 Jul 2012, 6:05 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2012-13/rugby/story/167160.html

Harlequins and England scrum-half Danny Care says he is "relieved and happy" after police dropped plans to prosecute him over an alleged sexual assault.

Care was arrested by West Yorkshire Police following an incident in Leeds in the early hours of Sunday, March 4. The 25-year-old was bailed pending further inquiries, but his club Harlequins have announced that police have now ended their investigation.

Well there you go, as had been suspected there was about as much in this as there was in the Haskell frolics story during the world cup.

At last a subject you can talk about with real authority.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 14 Jul 2012, 6:11 pm

Norfolklass wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2012-13/rugby/story/167160.html

At last a subject you can talk about with real authority.

?

Danny Care?

Not being a sex pest?

Or drunks?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:39 pm

Why should the false accuser get away without being revealed here?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:41 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Why should the false accuser get away without being revealed here?

I assume your post is a reaction to my post. Please define what you mean by "false accuser."
What is false? What is the accusation? Are you any more revealed than me? Do you really want to defend PSW?!!!?? Really??!!??

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:46 pm

No, it was a comment linked to the story! As in, despite being found to have no case to answer, Danny Care had his reputation and professional career besmirched and compromised but, as in previous cases, the accuser gets to hang onto anonymity. Sorry if it sounded like an assault!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 15 Jul 2012, 6:20 pm

Norfolklass wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Why should the false accuser get away without being revealed here?

I assume your post is a reaction to my post. Please define what you mean by "false accuser."
What is false? What is the accusation? Are you any more revealed than me? Do you really want to defend PSW?!!!?? Really??!!??

Erm

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Sun 15 Jul 2012, 6:46 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:No, it was a comment linked to the story! As in, despite being found to have no case to answer, Danny Care had his reputation and professional career besmirched and compromised but, as in previous cases, the accuser gets to hang onto anonymity. Sorry if it sounded like an assault!

I spent ages on a reply, you may have read it but it was deleted.

You explained it well. Fair play. Hope DC reinvents himself. x

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:58 am

All the best to Danny for the future. It takes a real man to face up to a problem, accept responsibility and decide to better themselves. Hats off to the bloke.

He's a cracking player, and can do very well for England if he puts his mind to it. Best of luck.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:No, it was a comment linked to the story! As in, despite being found to have no case to answer, Danny Care had his reputation and professional career besmirched and compromised but, as in previous cases, the accuser gets to hang onto anonymity. Sorry if it sounded like an assault!

It's difficult and I very much understand where you are coming from. However, while he may be innocent that there is no charge does not prove this - it may just be that there is insufficient evidence, I really don't know. Or he may have pestered some poor lass who had legitimate cause to complain, but the police/CPS felt it didn't quite cross the line from poor behaviour into criminal. For my own part I try not to judge either party as we just don't know.

I agree in that I don't like the current system either, as you say someone completely innocent can be accused and the negative reputation could stick with them for life. However, I don't see naming and shaming accusers as the answer. The only real answer I can see is to treat the alleged victim and perpetrator equally and give anonymity to both. If there is enough evidence to convict someone then name them when they are found guilty, if the alleged perpetrator can prove that it didn't happen and that it was malicious slander as opposed to a genuine misunderstanding then convict the accuser of slander or similar and then name them. For the many cases that fall between the two, do what you can to try and prove one way or the other and if that genuinely can't be established then move on and let it be.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:41 am

Big,
just to point out, 'slander' is not a criminal offence so the CPS will not care about false accusations of that kind. I agree with you that it would be great if the nice British press would co-operate with allround anonymity until a case is proven. An accused is innocent until the jury say otherwise.
Back to Care - glad he is back for English rugby, hope he can keep his life clean from now on.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:56 am

gregortree wrote:Big,
just to point out, 'slander' is not a criminal offence so the CPS will not care about false accusations of that kind. I agree with you that it would be great if the nice British press would co-operate with allround anonymity until a case is proven. An accused is innocent until the jury say otherwise.
Back to Care - glad he is back for English rugby, hope he can keep his life clean from now on.

Point well made (I could never be a lawyer) I suppose it would be wasting police time as a criminal offence? You know what I mean though, whether it's civil or criminal someone should be found guilty one way or the other before being dragged through the dirt.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down