The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The fight no-one wants to see now becomes reality

+7
J.Benson II
owen10ozzy
Imperial Ghosty
Union Cane
JabMachineMK2
Super D Boon
azania
11 posters

Go down

The fight no-one wants to see now becomes reality Empty The fight no-one wants to see now becomes reality

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Given the uneviquivocal nature of his defeat at the weekend Amir Khan is going to be hard pressed to jump straight back into the top tier. Despite the shaky nature of his whiskers, he's still a very good fighter (although he seems to have sacrificed head movement of late) and, with no title to use a a bargaining chip, Khan is going to find himself p4p one of the easiest fighters to avoid. So where does he go from here?

Sadly, I see the potential for a MASSIVE British showdown...with Ricky Hatton touted as an opponent.

For whatever reason the "Hatton Comeback" train seem to keep on rollin' and I'm sure Khan will see this a way of thrusting himself right back into the limelight. Despite the fact no-one with an ounce of sense really wants to see Hatton back in the ring, this fight would appeal to the masses and be one of the biggest fights in recent years.

It's a bad fight for any number of reasons but, as it's likely to make a lot of people a lot of money, my fear is that it becomes a reality.

Back to top Go down

The fight no-one wants to see now becomes reality Empty Re: The fight no-one wants to see now becomes reality

Post by azania Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:12 pm

If Hatton is stupid to come back, I hope he gets shellacked badly to send him straight back to retirement.

azania

Back to top Go down

The fight no-one wants to see now becomes reality Empty Re: The fight no-one wants to see now becomes reality

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:14 pm

True, but if money is his motivating factor, he might just think it's a risk worth taking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Sadly a few lines of powder can only give a man so many highs before it starts getting boring. zen I liked Richard Hatton (that's what he should be called, Ricky is a horrible name) and if I was an uber fan I'd be most displeased with these rumours.

I reckon he'd have handed Khan a good pasting in his prime but now he risks damaging his reputation and many of Khan's clownish fans (he has many of these) will jump on the Khan bandwaggon claiming Khan would have done the same to a prime Hatton, Khan has fought a better stanard of opponent, Petersen, Garcia and even Prescott would have handed Hatton a beating etc etc. Real shame if this happens. It'll end in tears for Richard!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Hatton would never be able to boil down to 140 - 147 again.

He weighs about 170+ at the minute, it'd take him about a year to get in shape.

D, if you have nothing nice to say about English boxers, then do us a favour and don't say it at all.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:23 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Hatton would never be able to boil down to 140 - 147 again.

He weighs about 170+ at the minute, it'd take him about a year to get in shape.

Which, with no title to use for bargaining, is about how long it will take Khan to secure himself another big fight!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:24 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:He weighs about 170+ at the minute, it'd take him about a year to get in shape.

Hatton vs Cleverly anyone?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Union Cane wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:He weighs about 170+ at the minute, it'd take him about a year to get in shape.

Hatton vs Cleverly anyone?

Hatton's too "live" an opponent for Warren to consider him

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:27 pm

He always used to weigh in excess of 170lbs I between fights anyway

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Hatton would get touted as a MASSIVE FIGHT for Cleverly but he'll then be signed to face the local bus driver from one of those welsh villages that have far too many consonants to be pronounced.

The Swansea City Council Hall will be filled to the rafters with Cleverlys loyal "boyos" and he'll struggle to a SD and keep hold of his VERY PRESTIGIOUS belt.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Sadly a few lines of powder can only give a man so many highs before it starts getting boring. zen I liked Richard Hatton (that's what he should be called, Ricky is a horrible name) and if I was an uber fan I'd be most displeased with these rumours.

I reckon he'd have handed Khan a good pasting in his prime but now he risks damaging his reputation and many of Khan's clownish fans (he has many of these) will jump on the Khan bandwaggon claiming Khan would have done the same to a prime Hatton, Khan has fought a better stanard of opponent, Petersen, Garcia and even Prescott would have handed Hatton a beating etc etc. Real shame if this happens. It'll end in tears for Richard!

Oh dear god Super D...you were doing so well at the start of that...

Then you showed your true dislike for English boxers with that last paragraph!..

Peterson, Garcia & Prescott....beating a Prime Khan! One of the best comments I have heard in a while..

Garcia whilst has power (though not as much as some seem certain he has just because he blew away Khan)...is a straight forward boxer who Hatton in his prime would have walked through and either finished him late or won a pretty comfortable decision.

Peterson - Even on a december night with PED's in his system he would not of beaten Hatton!!

And then Prescott....Hahahahahaha!! So average...all he has is power! Much like Maussa he comes in swinging wildly and using up lots of energy in the process..much like Hatton finished Maussa id expect the same thing to happen to Prescott!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:43 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:Sadly a few lines of powder can only give a man so many highs before it starts getting boring. zen I liked Richard Hatton (that's what he should be called, Ricky is a horrible name) and if I was an uber fan I'd be most displeased with these rumours.

Oh dear god Super D...you were doing so well at the start of that...

Then you showed your true dislike for English boxers with that last paragraph!..

Peterson, Garcia & Prescott....beating a Prime Khan! One of the best comments I have heard in a while..

Garcia whilst has power (though not as much as some seem certain he has just because he blew away Khan)...is a straight forward boxer who Hatton in his prime would have walked through and either finished him late or won a pretty comfortable decision.

Peterson - Even on a december night with PED's in his system he would not of beaten Hatton!!

And then Prescott....Hahahahahaha!! So average...all he has is power! Much like Maussa he comes in swinging wildly and using up lots of energy in the process..much like Hatton finished Maussa id expect the same thing to happen to Prescott!

I think you missed D's point.
He was saying how Khan fans would react if Khan beats Hatton.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Don't know where you've got this idea from Dave but I don't think you need to worry. It'll never happen, Hatton is fat, 3 years retired, had a public drug problem, is wealthy with ongoing business interests. He tried to make a comeback a couple of years back and didn't have it in training, couldn't get the weight off. No way he'll ever come back now.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:48 pm

The Hatton fight is never going to happen but i am intrigued to see who Khans next opponent will be.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:49 pm

You are correct - Super D...I retract my previous comment.

Didn't read it the correct way (one of those mornings)...my apologies!! Hug

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Sugar Boy - Whilst I would normally agree and rule out a return. The rumours have intensified as of late. He wasn't in a good place last time he attempted a comeback.

In recent months he has shed an awful lot of weight, I have heard from good sources he is around the 165 lb mark...which for Ricky would not cause to many issues getting down from.

He is in the Gym as an actual trainer alot more than he has been but has also been seen lacing the gloves on a few occasions.

Galveston - I could imagine the Hatton v Khan fight being made if he does come out of retirement. Huge fight....could easily be hosted at Wembley...would be absolutely packed out...

If they fought your looking at ticket sales of well over 50,000...global appeal in terms of TV..most definitely PPV (Skysports would quickly come back on hands and knees)...bumper payday of £10/£15 million each!!

I would say it would be the biggest fight in British Boxing History!...

Now if it doesn't occur...well im very much with you and intrigued to see who he fights next.

After Saturday I thought immediate move up to Welterweight and Paulie Malignaggi...however he has declared his intent to fight at 140 again...not sure who is out their really unless he is lining up a rematch against either..

Marcos Maidana or Lamont Peterson..

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:02 pm

There's definately money to be made there but i suppose it would depend on what type of shape Ricky could get in whether he could seriously think about winning it, i would actually look forward to it if he was serious.

If Garcia can't get anything better lined up then i think a rematch could be made, not in England though, again it all depends on the money, they will certainly be looking at something different first. I would like to see him in with Peterson again but i don't know if Khan would want to.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Hatton v Khan
Brook v Khan
Hatton v Brook

All of these fights are on the table if Hatton comes back.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 pm

I actually think either one could still b just 3 fights away from a Mayweather fight....despite what happened on Saturday and despite the way Hatton went out of boxing....

It sound's strange to say that but it could definitely happen...and Hatton coming out of retirement would make it even more likely...this is why IMO:

Hatton come's out of retirment:

Hatton v Khan
Winner vs Paulie Malignaggi (147 and get a belt assuming he is still holding it)...

If they come through that then Hatton can rematch Mayweather...huge fight regardless of how easy people think it would be for Mayweather...and he wants a fight in England at Wembley, this would sell...

Without the Hatton v Khan fight:

Khan v Peterson (avenges one defeat on his record)
Khan v Malignaggi (first foray at Welterweight)
Khan v Mayweather...

The big thing is that whilst as a boxer Khan's stock has plummeted...amongst the public I dont think it has too much...

If Khan wins those two fights mentioned above then I think and I would say Mayweather would..he is the most marketable name for a Mayweather showdown..

He has talent...but he has weaknesses and a vulnerability about him. Perfect combination to get fans excited..he does give value for money and more importantly can sell places out...financially he is streets ahead of Bradley and most others..

Fight in front of 10,000 in Vegas or 40,000 + at Wembley?...Mayweather is smart and knows he would make a ton more fighting Khan than any other fighter at 147 except Pacman..

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Perhaps Ricky could fight Saul Alvarez? He seems to be struggling to find a decent opponent...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Owen, he may have shed a few pounds of late but that's not enough to convince me he's raring for a ring return, nevermind against khan. If it happens I'll eat my hat and post a picture on here of me doing it.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 pm

You'll regret buying that crash helmet then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down