The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. 6CW

4 posters

Go down

R.I.P. 6CW Empty R.I.P. 6CW

Post by Reaper Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:00 pm

I can still remember the day I signed up to 6CW, when I created Cobra I put a grand total of about five minutes thought into the character and filled his moveset with as many cool moves as I could think, regardless of how unlikely it was for a 6'7" 260 pound man to pull off a double rotation moonsault and a whole host of other high flying moves. The first show was on April 20th 2009, Cobra first appeared carrying a singapore cane (I wanted him to have a signature weapon for some reason). If I'm remembering correctly, Diesel was supposed to be involved in a triple threat or a tag match or something and everyone else in the match hadn't bothered showing up, so it was announced that Cobra would face Diesel the next week in the first round of the world title tournament. My first RP was terrible, it makes me laugh looking back at it now, it was about 70 words long and consisted of me no doubt making lame petrol jokes and threatening to kick Diesel's ass (I was so creative back then.) I lost the match by DQ but was pretty much hooked after that.

I remember the genuine excitement surrounding Night of Glory. It was Cobra Vs Median (who still hasn't beaten me Wink) for the TV title and I won back then pretend wrestling title were of the utmost importance. It was after that, that my writing started to improve. I wanted to be better than everyone else and I think it's helped me in the long run. I kept trying to write longer and longer, I remember breaking 2000 characters for the first time, then 3000, then 4000 and so on. At this stage it was mostly just in ring and backstage promos. It wasn't until I moved outside of 606 that I really learned about charcter development and telling a story but 6CW is where it all started.

Now it's three years later and writing is all I want to do in a career and I doubt that would have been the case if I'd never stumbled across a thread advertising 6CW on 606 so I owe a lot to this fed. I've gone from writing the afformentioned seventy word rubbish to my latest RP for Drake Mosa over in the TFWF which was over six thousand words, which also won me the world title. (When I broke the 2000 character barrier, I never thought there'd be a day when I was breaking 34000 characters). I had so much fun back in the early days, promoing against the likes of Dicey, Danny, Diesel, Jack, AK Worthy, AJ Harvey, SRA, Drake, Median, Ryan Rose, Lex then we had the influx of JD, Engel, Crowley and the 6wf boys that found their way over (JJ, Hero, Hobo, Sainty). I loved my time in 6CW and like everyone else I'm gutted to see it go and yes I realize how soppy this sounds over the closing of a pretend wrestling federation. Anyway, R.I.P. Six Cee Dub.

Reaper

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. 6CW Empty Re: R.I.P. 6CW

Post by jeromedubois Wed 01 Aug 2012, 3:03 pm

Fitting page to leave a few thoughts, I haven't written anything yet about 6CW so thought I would give it a go.

Where to start? When I first joined 6CW it was right at the beginning under the Character Alessnadro D Agostino who was someone I loosely based on Pope D Angel o Dinero from TNA. I remember promoing with him a few times but due to being so in tune with the Dubois character I slowly lost track of him 6CW turned into an afterthought in all honesty at that time.

It was only when Crimey stepped down that I saw the opportunity to become a fed head. I had been in contact at the time with GDC to take over and to form an alliance between the pair of us. The main idea was to create a roster split at that time but when the take over eventually went through GDC apolagized and had to step away. So went in NoG II with no experience, no idea on the character, and no clue as to what the hell I was doing. It was probably thanks to Dicey and Cobra at the time that I found my feet as they kept PM'ing at the time helping me understand bit by bit what 6CW was all about.

I think the biggest gaff I did to date was thinking that Daniel Reilly and Dicey Reilly were brothers. It was only when a berated Dicey pm'ed me to clear it up (My be over exaggerating :P). I would say the first 6 months were probably the best writing i have ever done it was only after around November that I began to lose the passion and interest in it but wanted to survive 1 year and get 6CW back to where it deserved to be. More importantly at the time JJ was running 6WF and my main motivation was to try and out do him as i saw him as the competition. (Sorry JJ! :P )

Once I left 6CW and went back to the 6WF as a promo'er I realised that all the effort I had put in to 6CW that while the 6WF was where Dubois was born, I felt like 6CW was his home, and returning at that time just didn't feel right. It was probably due to the fact that 6CW was still fresh I just recently left it. But all I can say about 6CW it is that the people there made it great. We may have not had the numbers of individuals like other fed but people like Dicey, Gazzy, Geoff, Cobra, Reilly, Crowley, even Matzko and Engel made the fed different/interesting/and fun to be around.

So with that while 6CW may be dead, it will always be remembered.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 01 Aug 2012, 4:32 pm

I joined 6CW at the very beginning when GDC created it under a different name to rival 6WF, he did one show but then handed the reigns over to Drake and 6CW really started, I can remember my first match and the excitement when I read the first show (the team of Dicey and Daniel Reilly won by the way), then the Tournament announcement for the 6CW Championship at Night of Glory was posted and the hope that you would be involved or even win it, which I was neither involved or didn't win it (yet), over the years Dicey changed and evolved from just a beer drinking Irish sterotype to a funny and caring, beer drinking Irish sterotype, I always said that I would never bring him into another fed and Ive kept to my word and never will it wouldn't be right.

I only really got into it to past the time in work as I had just started my job and office life was boring but the fed grew and so did the Dicey character and my involvement in the fed as number 2 to Drake and running out 2nd show Crossfire, to helping JD out with plans and shows and with JJ helping with the site itself, it became more than just a passing game it became part of my day and I really enjoyed the time there and the people throughout the years like Diesel, Ryan Rose, Cobra, Drake, Dubs, Gazzy, Leone, Engel and loads more guys that I got to know well in some cases and thats what efedding is all about in my eyes

We had a great run together and Im sad to see it go but I wouldn't change a single second....well I lie id change loads Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 8:48 pm

About a year ago I first started this journey on 6CW and have never looked back since. I joined when the show was run by JJJohnson therefore hadn't seen a promo or worked with the 6CW greats beforehand and obviously was new to the game and needed to get up to speed to match the promo's I wanted to achieve and also match the great promo's people were pumping out week in and week out so I researched and read previous events and shows to get me really jelled into the 6CW fed and the E-fed world and was blown away.

A year on I have had the honour of being part of one of the greatest stables in this history of E-feding Genesis, a two time tag team champion and International champion and it has been fantastic under both the leadership of JJ and Dubs who have provided me with storylines and feuds to really develop my character and for that I'm grateful. I have also met some great people (you know who you are!) who have helped, supported and really made me raise my game to keep up to the level that is set and expected in various storylines, I thank you all. To those who I haven't been close with or hadn't feuded with it was fantastic seeing you promo against others and that too also helped me raise my game for future plans and I hope one day I will be able to feud with the guys I didn't manage to get the chance with.

Although my 6CW adventure was cut short and I didn't achieve ultimately what I wanted to do and that was to become the 6CW world champion it has been a ride I will never forget and hopefully we will meet again one day and show why 6CW was so cool.

All the best, Edd.

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum