The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFC EAST

+6
Forward Pass
skins4ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
CFCNick
farranreeboy
10 posters

Go down

NFC EAST Empty NFC EAST

Post by farranreeboy Mon 6 Aug - 15:37

Who's gonna win it?

farranreeboy

Back to top Go down

NFC EAST Empty Re: NFC EAST

Post by CFCNick Mon 6 Aug - 16:35

The New York Football Giants.

We're healthier than last year, improved at TE with Bennett replacing Ballard. Defensive line will be together for the whole year, improved at LB but could use a signing or two to put us into the next level.

The Eagles haven't done much to add guys and get better. The Redskins have RG3 and nobody else, I mean who gets sacked in training camp? The Cowboys have added serious talent at DB and are pretty scary if Murray gets running well.

I think it will be similar to last year but everyone will have a better record by 1-2 wins.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 6 Aug - 16:40

Eagles.

Despite finding their form in the final weeks, the Giants weren't a great team through 17 weeks. An offseason for Vick to learn protections and such, various contract issues resolved and an improved LB corps on defense, I'm fairly confident we can improve by 2-3 games and jump the Giants.

Also Bennett is awful.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 6 Aug - 16:45

Bennett isn't the ideal choice but he's playing for a more disciplined regime, a better coach and better QB this season.

Plus we have Beckum and super Terence Newman leaping Bear Pascoe.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 6 Aug - 17:27

I say the Cowboys
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 6 Aug - 22:45

Redskins!

No seriously, if RGIII has a season like Newton, this could happen. Unlike the Panthers there is a defense in DC that is no pushover. Most likely though the Giants win it. The Pokes will flatter to deceive yet again and the Eagles while strong still just don't have it for me. Hate to say it, but Manning could be coming into a stretch of success that will put his big bro to shame.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Tue 7 Aug - 8:48

Heart says Cowboys

But then I have to say that as August - October is the only time we look like contenders

Commonsense says Gmen to win East
All 4 teams have weaknesses but the NYG still look the best all round to me
Think all 4 teams will finish between 8-8 & 10-6
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 8 Aug - 14:14

Torn between Giants & Redskins.

I'm a Big Blue fan from way back but they've never won It twice in a row (prove me wrong, Eli!)

OTOH, 'Skins seem to be starting off on the right foot. They're optimistic about their hot rookie QB who seems to play like a vet - in practice, anyway. But they need Hogs (translation: they have holes in the offensive line.)

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 10 Aug - 10:35

Tough to call the NFC East this year. I guess, at this moment in time, you have to say the Giants since they are the defending champs and have by far the most settled roster and the fewest number of question marks.

Eagles and Cowboys and have enough talent though to win it if they want to. Just a question of whether they can both stop finding ways to lose.

Redskins are the biggest unknown of the bunch. I totally reject MockingJay's claim above that they have RG3 and nobody else - he should know that better than most seeing as we beat his mob twice last year! The Skins' problem is depth. There's a lot of talent amongst the starters so on any given day we can be a match for anyone - the problems last year came when injuries bit. This year though, we have back-ups who have more experience and who have had a longer offseason and we should definitely be better at two of our biggest weaknesses of recent years - QB and WR. We all say that QB is the most important role on the field - I don't think anyone would argue that RG3 won't be an upgrade over Grossman and Beck so his presence alone should add an extra win or two. You would have to say right now though that we still have too many question marks to get in to the debate about who will win the division but every year, some team in the NFL performs way better than anyone expected them to. With all the optimism and good feeling that RG3 has brought to the Skins, who's to say that it might not be them that finds a wave to ride all the way to the playoffs??? Wink

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 16 Aug - 16:00

Number-25 wrote:Tough to call the NFC East this year. I guess, at this moment in time, you have to say the Giants since they are the defending champs and have by far the most settled roster and the fewest number of question marks.
Can't argue with this, simply because I think if anything they should be better this year I have to go with the Super Bowl champions.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Thu 16 Aug - 17:52

Dunno -- I would not pick the Cowboys - they're already hit by the injury bug and have a suspect offensive line.

I'm thinking Giants or Eagles. The Red Skins a real unknown with RG3 -- they are definitely a dark horse to watch.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down