The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most unprofessional thing done on air...?

+20
theundisputedY2D2
The Awesome Giz
sodhat
UpsideDownFace
Beer
Ché Guerrero
liverbnz
talkingpoint
incontinentia
Adam D
Kay Fabe
Mr Video Man
Samo
RinoGattuso
AberdeenSteve
Nay
Fellaini25
NickisBHAFC
bretmeharty
Brady12
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Most unprofessional thing done on air...? Empty Most unprofessional thing done on air...?

Post by Brady12 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:05 pm

Following the AW saga it got me think what it the most unprofessional thing you've seen on camera....

Maybe it was someone blowing up after a botch, someone being super stiff or breaking kayfabe take your pick....

For example 'The Curtain Call' at MSG in 96

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Most unprofessional thing done on air...? Empty Re: Most unprofessional thing done on air...?

Post by bretmeharty Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:16 pm

HHH always corpsing

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Most unprofessional thing done on air...? Empty Re: Most unprofessional thing done on air...?

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:27 pm

The AW thing wasnt unprofessional IMO it was just funny.

The John Cena comment about the Rock note's on his arms was very unprofessional.

JR getting taken the mic out off. Best commentator ever, deserves way more respect.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:46 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:The AW thing wasnt unprofessional IMO it was just funny.

The John Cena comment about the Rock note's on his arms was very unprofessional.

JR getting taken the mic out off. Best commentator ever, deserves way more respect.

I don't think you've got the right idea here pal...

AW was effectively glorifying r*** how is this funny? His release was completely justified

Not sure what you are referring to regarding Cena & Rock???

JR is the greatest play-by-play certainly of this generation but how can it be unprofessional to not have him calling Raw? It's Vince's company surely he can pick whoever he wants to call the matches he's the boss

What about Ultimate Warrior refusing to wrestle until he gets x amount of dollars at Summerslam 91???

Or even Daniel Puder's shoot fight on Kurt Angle?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

Brady12 wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:The AW thing wasnt unprofessional IMO it was just funny.

AW was effectively glorifying r*** how is this funny? His release was completely justified

Not sure what you are referring to regarding Cena & Rock???

JR is the greatest play-by-play certainly of this generation but how can it be unprofessional to not have him calling Raw? It's Vince's company surely he can pick whoever he wants to call the matches he's the boss

What about Ultimate Warrior refusing to wrestle until he gets x amount of dollars at Summerslam 91???

Or even Daniel Puder's shoot fight on Kurt Angle?

I'm confused now as that wasn't on air.

Carrying on after Owen Hart had had his fall, I would say that is up there for me.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:02 am

Technically true I suppose but I'd say his threats were aimed at ruining the main event which would have obviously had an adverse affect on the on air product (headline act doesn't appear in PPV as advertised) if Vince hadn't buckled to his demands

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:13 am

Hmmm Owen....

Unprofessional putting someone at that much risk.... I'd say inhumane continuing the show

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2012, 1:22 am

Had that one guy not smuggled a video camera into MSG then the whole curtain call would never have gained the notoriety that is has. Well that's my take on it anyway.

Randy Boreton yelling "Stupid" at Kofi Kingston surely falls into the unprofessional category?

John Cena's smugness during his promo's with the Rock leading up to this years Wrestlemania.

And what about the screwjob? Wasn't Bret contracted to work with the WWF for a further month in which time he was willing to drop the belt anyway?

Sean Michaels over-selling in the Hogan match at Summerslam.

Road Warrior Hawk riding a motorbike drunk to the ring at Summerslam 92 at Wembley must rank as pretty unprofessional?

I agree that AW was stupid in what he said. I'm sure Kobe Bryant has grounds to sue on that.

Great topic by the way.

Last edited by FreekShow on Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Sat 18 Aug 2012, 2:28 am

Daniel Puder trying to break Kurt Angle's arm.
Shawn overselling at SummerSlam 2006.

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 18 Aug 2012, 8:00 am

Does the whole Jeff Hardy turning up in the state he did for the sting fight count.

If so that has to rank pretty High, so to speak

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 18 Aug 2012, 8:01 am

Some great ones there freak show....

Michaels over selling was stupid & made a mockery out of the match.... Unbeffitting of someone who'd 'found god'

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 18 Aug 2012, 9:25 am

I'd have to go with the Michaels over selling at Summerslam 2006. It was one of the most unprofessional things I have seen in any walk of life, completely making a mockery of the fans who attended to see those two go at it. I lost a lot of respect for Michaels that day..

Surely McMahon mocking JR's illness has to be pretty high up the list?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 18 Aug 2012, 10:47 am

Brady12 wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:JR getting taken the mic out off. Best commentator ever, deserves way more respect.

I dont think you understood what he actually said...

He said its unprofessional that they take the urine out of JR due to his illness, nothing about taking him off air.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 18 Aug 2012, 11:02 am

*Take the mick, not take the mic.

Orton calling Kofi stupid has to be up there.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kxxFjiD6s

think he says "stupid stupid" (pins him) "stupid **** sake"..........dont really know what kofi did wrong to be honest
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:06 pm

I'd agree that Jeff Hardy turning up wrecked to main event a PPV has to be high on the list, I'd also say JBL shooting on the Blue Meanie was terrible

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:31 pm

sjh5678 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kxxFjiD6s

think he says "stupid stupid" (pins him) "stupid **** sake"..........dont really know what kofi did wrong to be honest

Wasn't Kofi supposed to take a punt to the head?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm

No One has mentioned the Montreal Screwjob which qualifies for various reasons.

First of all Brett was being unprofessional in refusing to lose to HBK (who was a jackass at the time but thats not the point).

Then Vince for screwing him on air which could have led to a riot in the stadium.

Then for Brett spitting at his boss on air.

All in all, 3 horrible individuals all being unprofessional.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:35 pm

Adam D wrote:No One has mentioned the Montreal Screwjob which qualifies for various reasons.

I did Hobo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:50 pm

Sorry - missed it!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2012, 1:09 pm

Scott Steiner going off on one during a Nitro and shooting on Ric Flair has to be up there too. I'm sure he was fined and suspended for that?

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 18 Aug 2012, 1:45 pm

Lesnar breaking HHH's arm.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 18 Aug 2012, 3:36 pm

#HEEL wrote:
Brady12 wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:JR getting taken the mic out off. Best commentator ever, deserves way more respect.

I dont think you understood what he actually said...

He said its unprofessional that they take the urine out of JR due to his illness, nothing about taking him off air.

Fair enough if that's what was implied I whole heartedly agree... Also Triple H ripping on Lillian Garcia was a disgrace

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 18 Aug 2012, 9:50 pm

Sting painting Hogans face.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 19 Aug 2012, 1:44 pm

wrestling in general promotes unprofessionalism when you blur the boundaries so much. I mean lets face it most story lines would get people fired in other sports or professions. Like Nash said wrestling promotes that peter pan mentality.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 21 Aug 2012, 1:03 am

Adam D wrote:No One has mentioned the Montreal Screwjob which qualifies for various reasons.

First of all Brett was being unprofessional in refusing to lose to HBK (who was a jackass at the time but thats not the point).

Then Vince for screwing him on air which could have led to a riot in the stadium.

Then for Brett spitting at his boss on air.

All in all, 3 horrible individuals all being unprofessional.

Not sure how Bret was unprofessional for not agreeing to drop the belt. He had creative control for the last month of his contract, he was well within his professional rights.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 21 Aug 2012, 1:43 am

Am I the only one who found Shawn overselling Hogan hilariously funny. Didnt grow up with Hogan, dont get the appeal and he was certainly a far inferior worker than Shawn

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 7:57 am

I would say Lesnar botching Hardcore Holly and breaking his neck on Smackdown is a worthy mention. Looked as deliberate as hell for me.

Eric Bischoff reading out Raw results on air on Nitro. I fully understand wanting to win the raitings, but that was low.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 21 Aug 2012, 8:32 am

Ché Guerrero wrote:Am I the only one who found Shawn overselling Hogan hilariously funny. Didnt grow up with Hogan, dont get the appeal and he was certainly a far inferior worker than Shawn

One of my favourite moments!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 21 Aug 2012, 9:29 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:I would say Lesnar botching Hardcore Holly and breaking his neck on Smackdown is a worthy mention. Looked as deliberate as hell for me.

That was entirely Hollys fault. Holly was notoriously tough on new guys, and tried to Sandbag Brock, to make it look like he couldnt pick him up. So Brock just dropped him.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 9:40 am

Samo wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:I would say Lesnar botching Hardcore Holly and breaking his neck on Smackdown is a worthy mention. Looked as deliberate as hell for me.

That was entirely Hollys fault. Holly was notoriously tough on new guys, and tried to Sandbag Brock, to make it look like he couldnt pick him up. So Brock just dropped him.

So a Sandbag deserves a broken neck??

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 21 Aug 2012, 9:45 am

Yep.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 9:50 am

Please do explain the logic

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 21 Aug 2012, 10:07 am

It didn't deserve a broken neck, but equally Lesnar didn't deserve the attempted showing up he was on the end of. Holly would have known the risk a botched move would bring.

Holly can have another entry on the list for just beating up Matt Cappotelli in the ring in Tough Enough.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 10:20 am

Agreed Lesnar didn't deserve the sandbagging. Equally I would've expected Lesnar to finish the match and then have Holly removed from TV until he cleaned his act up. A broken neck is a career ending injury.

Agree on the Matt Cappotelli beating. I thought Holly was going to kill the guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 21 Aug 2012, 10:41 am

The irony was that he was beating him to punish him for his presumed unprofessionalism!

I preferred Holly when he teamed with Crash and claimed to be 400lbs...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 10:47 am

Laugh I remember that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:09 am

Didn't Holly get a WWE title shot at the Rumble against Lesnar when he returned from the broken neck aswell?

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:12 am

The Awesome Giz wrote:Didn't Holly get a WWE title shot at the Rumble against Lesnar when he returned from the broken neck aswell?

Yeah they built the whole match around Holly seeking revenge for the broken neck. Would have been a great storyline if it wasn't for the fact that it was Hardcore Holly and nobody gave a flying f**k about him.

Was Holly's chair shot attack on René Duprée televised or did it happen at a house show?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:21 am

Kat getting her jubblies out on PPV.

Unprofessional but awesome.

True story.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:23 am

JBL beating up Blue Meanie in a battle royale on live TV.
Stevie Richards then absolutely nailing JBL with a chair in the revenge feud. That looked like it stung...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:24 am

Not the most unprofessional thing ever but Steph missing her cue during The Rock's "Punk ass sucka / Silver spoon muthatrucka" promo was pretty bad.

She should have been fired.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:27 pm

The Vickie and Edge hotel scene.....oh god, i'm gonna barf.

Steph's jubblies falling out when HHH pedigreed her was pretty sweet.

Holly was at fault for the neck thing. Once Lesnar got him up he should've known he was gonna drop him, should've protected himself.

Benoit, Eddie and Holly kicking the living hell out of Daniel Puder in the Rumble?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Tue 21 Aug 2012, 1:00 pm

HBK over selling Summerslam 2005 v Hogan

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 21 Aug 2012, 2:06 pm

Triple H referring to Lilian Garcia as a horse when cutting a promo was bullying. Him and Vince joked about it previously backstage and Hunter said something like 'even Lilian has come back for one night only to horse around'.

Unprofessional.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 21 Aug 2012, 2:20 pm

Bruiser Brody no-selling Lex Luger's offence in a cage match was pretty unprofessional. Luger thinking that Brody had flipped for real and legging it out of the cage was bloody hilarious though.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:51 pm

Warrior no selling HHH. That was uncalled for.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:25 pm

I would like to nominate my introduction on last nights podcast!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:37 pm

I'd have said the Mass Transit incident but that occured on a houseshow so instead I'll plump for the Danbury Fall.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:48 pm

Cena in the build up to Wrestlemania sickened me and his demeanour in the match. It reeked of a petulant child not being able to get his own way.

Irrespective of me being a massive Rock mark... You had The Rock turning up every week, trying to make the feud tick and build something, to which in reply, Superman Cena just smirked his way through and tried to play the funny man with the crowd. For me, he ruined what could have been a real intense feud.

It also carried over to Lesnar's return where he completely no sold that. Lesnar looked legitimately p.o'ed after the F-5.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next