The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and Worst memories suppoting your team

+5
bluestonevedder
Derbyblue
Barney92
BamBam
CFCNick
9 posters

Go down

Best and Worst memories suppoting your team Empty Best and Worst memories suppoting your team

Post by CFCNick Wed 22 Aug 2012, 5:19 pm

Taking an idea from twitter that was stolen and used for the exact same thread on another forum I'm on I've stolen it for this forum.

What's your best and worst memories following your beloved team?

Best

2011 Week 14 in Dallas, we'd given up a two game lead in the division from 6-2 to 6-6, going down 34-22 with just over 5 minutes left I was seriously considering going to bed but I stuck around and it paid off. Two TD drives in 4 minutes and the second one came with a DJ Ware 2pt conversion to make it 37-34 and then JPP with the blocked FG. Has to be my 4th best moment as a Giants fan.

All I can say is beating up on the Falcons and Packers was special and then edging out the 49ers was just as good, the Super Bowl was special. I didn't get the same excitement as I did in the Cowboys game but it was definitely a great sensation as the hail mary from Brady hit the floor I woke up everybody in a 5 house radius.

Can't include Super Bowl 42 as I'd only been a fan for a hour or so before kickoff.

Worst

Wildcard game vs Eagles in 2008. Horrible feeling. Worst Giants game I've witnessed.

Closing Giants Stadium with a 41-9 loss to Carolina who had Matt Moore at QB.

Week 15 2010, up 31-10 at home to the Eagles with 7 minutes left.

Last edited by MockingJay33 on Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Best and Worst memories suppoting your team Empty Re: Best and Worst memories suppoting your team

Post by BamBam Wed 22 Aug 2012, 6:44 pm

Best

Ted Ginn's two return touchdowns to beat the Seahawks last season
Alex Smith rushing touchdown then pulling a Drew Brees against Drew Brees to take us to the NFC championship game

Worst
Kyle Williams

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Best and Worst memories suppoting your team Empty Re: Best and Worst memories suppoting your team

Post by Barney92 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 8:14 pm

Best

The whole playoff run for the Packers 2 seasons ago but the highlight was Raji's touchdown.

Cobb's return on opening night.

Worst

Loss to the Giants last season.

I've only got two years of american football under my belt so not a whole load of options for me.
Other good memories form other teams are the pick six to win the super bowl for the Saints and Alex Smith's touchdown against the Saints last season.

Barney92

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:24 am

I've not been supporting the Browns long enough to have any highlights...

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:12 pm

Barney92 wrote:Best

The whole playoff run for the Packers 2 seasons ago but the highlight was Raji's touchdown.

Cobb's return on opening night.

Worst

Loss to the Giants last season.

I've only got two years of american football under my belt so not a whole load of options for me.
Other good memories form other teams are the pick six to win the super bowl for the Saints and Alex Smith's touchdown against the Saints last season.

Brilliant brilliant moment! And the fact he subsequently started referring to himself as 'The Freezer'.

A low for me would have to be the surprise loss to Kansas last season, preventing us going 16-0. Damn shame.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:54 pm

I have been following the Bucs since 2009, they hadn't won a game all year when I started supporting them. First full game I saw they won in the Creamsicles, that's got to be up there. Freeman was great that day and the defence picked off Rodgers three times was a great game. Other than that, best would be Blount destroying the Packers on that run last year, that was simply stunning.

Worst: Last 10 games last year bar one or two half decent performances against the Packers for one, the team gave up and were absolutely pathetic.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:00 pm

Thomond wrote:I have been following the Bucs since 2009, they hadn't won a game all year when I started supporting them. First full game I saw they won in the Creamsicles, that's got to be up there. Freeman was great that day and the defence picked off Rodgers three times was a great game. Other than that, best would be Blount destroying the Packers on that run last year, that was simply stunning.

Worst: Last 10 games last year bar one or two half decent performances against the Packers for one, the team gave up and were absolutely pathetic.

That was brilliant.

I just thought of another personal highlight for the Packers: Donald Driver's catch and score against the 49ers, 2010 week 13. Ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKx9NDxbiSs

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:04 pm

A great score alright, but jesus, the shocking tackling in the NFL never amazes me, send to rugby training for a few weeks and they would be sorted. The standard is pretty awful, how they manage to get so far with shoddy technique astounds me at times.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:09 pm

Another good feeling is seeing Hakeem Nicks develop. Rookie season highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1PEf4BFub4

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:52 pm

Thomond wrote:A great score alright, but jesus, the shocking tackling in the NFL never amazes me, send to rugby training for a few weeks and they would be sorted. The standard is pretty awful, how they manage to get so far with shoddy technique astounds me at times.

Absolutely. The tackling is awful. I think so many of them go for the 'big hit'. Put them on a rugby field and they'd concuss themselves within the first 5 minutes.

Got to give some credit to Driver though- considering his age as well. He is so underrated in the league!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:58 pm

He was a standout before but I think with the stable of guys the Packers have the spotlight has come off him somewhat, a very solid dependable guy, in his last year or two unforunately though

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:26 pm

Yeh, he's definitely in the twilight of his career now. Packers have drafted cleverly the last few years and uncovered a few round 2 gems in the WR position. Driver's always been there though, and he's always there to make the catch when everyone else is covered! Defences seem to almost 'forget' about him, or at least overlook him, leaving him open for some much needed catches!

Thomond how do you think the Bucs will do this coming season?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 23 Aug 2012, 4:31 pm

Best
44-6

Worst

Pick a NFCCG, they all suck
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 8:55 pm

Best

Has to be Nick Collins returning the Roethlisberger Interception for a TD in Superbowl XLV. Loved that play and from then on my nerves were gone and I knew we stood a great chance of winning.

Worst

"4th and 26". It even has it's own wikipedia page.
2003-2004 Divisional Playoffs against the top seeded Eagles... I hated them when I started watching the NFL (the season prior to this) and to say I was bothered by conceding such a play in the dying minutes when the Eagles had no timeouts was an understatement.

The only thing that runs it close is Rodgers being strip sacked by the Cardinals in the Kurt Warner Shootout Wild Card game. The only real reason for this is the damn slow motion shot on the NFL.com season highlight videos... drives me mad every time!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri 24 Aug 2012, 5:52 pm

Cardinals

Worst Moments
Where to begin, there are so many? These are just a few off the top of my head.

• James Harrison intercepting Kurt Warner in the Super Bowl and rumbling all the way down for a TD

• Santonio Holmes' Super Bowl winning reception

• Buddy Ryan piling all 11 defenders in to stop the Chiefs from converting a 3rd and short, failing to account for the Chiefs' QB Steve "The Human Snail" Bono who ran a naked bootleg, huffing and puffing his way to a 76-yard TD. Bono was so slow an offensive lineman overtook him, reached the endzone, and turned around to gesture Bono to hurry up.

• Buddy Ryan's offense being so inept that at one point during the season it had been outscored by Emmit Smith and 4 kickers.

• Bypassing Adrian Peterson (and Patrick Willis and Darrelle Revis) in the draft to take Levi Brown

• Cards losing to the Jets, the only game the Jets won that year

• The loss to the Bears on Monday Night Football after holding a commanding lead - though Denny Green's "Crown their Asses" post-game interview tirade was a classic

• Trading FB Larry Centers, the heart and soul of the team, when they were breaking up the nucleus of the playoff winning team because Bill Bidwill was a tight ass (a Dallas defensive coach referred to Centers as a "rolling ball of butcher blades")

• Pat Tillman killed in Afghanistan - still hurts today

Best Moments
  • Almost winning the Super Bowl - Larry Fitzgerald's breakaway catch and run nearly had me injure myself jumping out of my chair

• The playoffs leading to the Super Bowl

• The drubbing of arch nemesis Dallas in the 1998 playoffs despite being heavy underdogs

• FB Larry Centers hurdling a Dallas defender during a Christmas game defeat (he never gave up, even when the team was being crushed and the clip made it into the film Jerry McGuire)

• Michael Bidwill taking over the day to day management of the team from his inept father, Bill Bidwill and the team becoming respectable

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down