The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winston Salem and other news

+2
User 774433
time please
6 posters

Go down

Winston Salem and other news Empty Winston Salem and other news

Post by time please Sat 25 Aug 2012, 9:25 am

Isner will attempt to defend his 2011 title when he plays Berdych in the final today. The lanky American defeated Jo Willy in three sets, while Berdych came through in straights against Querrey.

Elsewhere, sadly the infamous Mr Rosol fell at the last hurdle and failed to qualify for USO - I think he might still have a remote chance if someone withdraws and he becomes a lucky loser!

time please

Back to top Go down

Winston Salem and other news Empty Re: Winston Salem and other news

Post by User 774433 Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:01 am

Isner Berdych should be a good final thumbsup
I say Berdych in 3. Ok!

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:03 am

time please wrote:
Elsewhere, sadly the infamous Mr Rosol fell at the last hurdle and failed to qualify for USO - I think he might still have a remote chance if someone withdraws and he becomes a lucky loser!
YESSS, fantastic news. He might get the lucky loser slot, if you put 'Rosol' backwards you get 'losor' and his name is Luckas so it's possible.
Hopefully not.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:04 am

Isner to beat Berdych 7-6 6-7 7-6.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:44 am

Lol TSJ....serve fest for sure and WS is pretty fast DecoTurfII so we're assured of one TB surely....

On other fronts I saw that Rosol was knocked out in Pre-USO qualifying. It's so tough for guys around #100 to consistently get through to e top tier events.

My eye as ever is also on wee Goffin at USO who I still believe to be the most talented of the <21's. Speaking of Winston Salem Goffin got to the Quarters (losing to Isner with a TB) and beat a few good players on the way too so perhaps he's starting to shine a little more.

By irony of the Isner-Berdych WS final now faces Tomas in the 1st round at USO though...that's a tough draw for him but great chance to make a name for himself although Berdy's confidence will now be higher getting to the WS final. If he can win that match we may, just may, have a new young breakthrough confirmed...

Goffin does need to bulk up though...his legs are almost as thin as Simon's Shocked
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Sat 25 Aug 2012, 1:04 pm

Berdbrain running into some form ahead of a possible last eight clash with Rog at USO ? Consistency seems to be the problem for Berd. There's no dopubtring he can really play. I've tipped Isner to do well at the USO as well.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 25 Aug 2012, 4:04 pm

Darcis almost took Berdych out. Surprising that Tsonga lost to Isner, albeit in a third set TB.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down