The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best race of the Moto GP season so far

4 posters

Go down

Best race of the Moto GP season so far Empty Best race of the Moto GP season so far

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 0:33

A great race at Brno, that last lap dice between Lorenzo and Pedrosa was a classic,a pity Stoner wasn't there to make it a threeway fight.Great ride from Crutchlow as well,the title isn't won yet, the last few races will be very interesting.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Best race of the Moto GP season so far Empty Re: Best race of the Moto GP season so far

Post by Guest Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 11:42

Must admit it was a thrilling duel between Jorge & Dani. Classic last lap battle and keeps the title well and truly alive. Shame Casey was not there but was still fascinating to watch. Great ride by Cal, fully deserved and I must admit I had to laugh when I saw Spies crashing out. Talk about bad luck.

Back to top Go down

Best race of the Moto GP season so far Empty Re: Best race of the Moto GP season so far

Post by The Special Juan Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 11:55

One of the best races this season. It seems Dani is actually a genuine World Championship contender at the end of the season, which he deserves to be after all his injuries in the past. It was incredible how they almost took each other out on the penultimate lap. Talk about fine margins.

Well done to Cal. A long overdue podium and hopefully the first of many. RedWine
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 12:01

Great race from Jorge and Dani. If Stoner had been there it wouldn't have happened because he would have tried to high tail it a la Vettel.

Can't wait for the GOAT to get back on the Yam. Then the fun and games can begin in earnest

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 22:24

I don't watch Formula One but are you saying Belgarion that Stoner is faster than Lorenzo and Pedrosa? and as for you saying Rossi is the best ever it's obvious that you are too young to have seen Mike Hailwood Agostini and others like Duke who were probably racing before you were born.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 10:52

oh dear....

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 10:15

Stoner is arguably the fastest racer over 1 lap. Like vettel his tactic is to gap the field early and avoid racing people if he can. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and he gets hauled in and overtaken or made to look foolish like what Rossi did to him at Laguna Seca.

I would suggest you read up on Agostini and the bikes he rode and the number of races they did in the day compared to what is available now before you try to throw the 'I've been watching this sport longer than you argument.'

Rossi has won at all levels of motogp and has won the Suzuka 8 hour as well and is a 9 time world champion.

He is the GOAT and I didn't give him the name, Colin Edwards did and his peers have followed suit as well as respected experts in this field so you will of course forgive me for valuing their opinion over some guy on a forum with a Stoner Man crush.

As for the other point, Lorenzo is a superior rider to Stoner as well. Being fast over 1 lap does not make you the best rider, something Stoner doesn't seem to understand. That's why he only goes out and sets a fast lap time and doesn't work properly on his race pace and gets caught out by people with a lot more intelligence and racing ability.

Of course you will throw in the Ducati argument now then I will ask, since Stoner joined that team has any other Ducati rider had success with the bike? Even in Stoners last couple of seasons he spent more time on the floor because the bike is fundamentally flawed. However look at the teams Rossi raced for, when he left, there was a decent racing bike anyone could win on and Yamaha are reaping the benfits till date.

Rossi turned Yamaha from also rans to the dominant team on the grid, won races and championships on the Aprilia, Honda and Yamaha and gave Stoner a variety of race lessons along the way.

Rossi also won championships when there were more than 10-15 bikes and races on the grid that could win races, in a far more competittive sport with a far more difficult bike to ride, the 2 stroke 500cc machine.

So please, give it a rest with the Stoner stuff, when he's not winning he moans, when he wins, he moans, feigns illness or complains about something else and people complained about Biaggi.

I can't wait for him to retire. Good riddance

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 22:19

Can I take that to mean you don't like Stoner?

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 1 Sep 2012 - 11:05

I think you can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 3 Sep 2012 - 9:32

rapidringsroad wrote: Can I take that to mean you don't like Stoner?

I thought that was clear from the onset

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 10:32

Surely Jorge has this title in the bag after yesterday's race. Probably the worst race of the season in terms of the race outcome. Be tough for Dani now and will need Stoner to help him out from now on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 11:28

Although the race was a little odd (it was nowhere near the best this year so far) I thought the outcome was great.

Okay, i'm a Yam fan, so Lorenzo winning was great. Also Rossi getting along awaited podium in front of his home crowd was another huge bonus, as was a podium for Gressini on the anniversary of Marco's death at his home circuit.

It was certainly poetic.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:02

Agree. Great day to celebrate Marco.

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:34

Great shame for Dani Pedrosa, after he snatched pole I was looking foreward to a repeat of Brno, but due to a series of incidents it was not to be. But as Dani says the season isn't over yet. Good result for Rea,he would be a good replacement for Stoner.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down