The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hargreaves to leave in the summer?

+5
Stealth Maestro Agro Love
compelling and rich
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ronin47
Perfect Jack
9 posters

Go down

Do you want United to keep Hargreaves?

Hargreaves to leave in the summer?  Vote_lcap50%Hargreaves to leave in the summer?  Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 7 ]
Hargreaves to leave in the summer?  Vote_lcap50%Hargreaves to leave in the summer?  Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 14

Hargreaves to leave in the summer?  Empty Hargreaves to leave in the summer?

Post by Perfect Jack Fri 15 Apr 2011, 1:45 pm

Rumours going around today suggest that Hargreaves might be let go in the summer due to his injuries. What's everyone's take on this? I'll include a poll in this as well.

I want Hargreaves to stay personally, but not on a full contract but on a pay-per-play kinda deal with a low wage. Hargreaves is a quality player and if he ever came back it would be like a new signing it really would.

Story here on the United website:

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Apr/Hargreaves-season-over.aspx

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Hargreaves to leave in the summer?  Empty Re: Hargreaves to leave in the summer?

Post by ronin47 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 5:57 pm

I just don't see him getting back to the way he was.

I would like to see him fit and playing again, as he's a quality player,
but I don't see it happening.

ronin47
ronin47
ronin47

http://www.waterproofgolfjackets.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hargreaves to leave in the summer?  Empty Re: Hargreaves to leave in the summer?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

Would like to see him playing again but the only way I see him getting a deal anywhere is on a pay as play contract. Don't see it Man Utd think his career is pretty much over which is sad because he was a good player.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 18 Apr 2011, 8:02 pm

agreed that if we were to offer him anything if would be along the lines of pay as you play. just dont see him ever being able to come back to a good enough standard for united. great shame.

anybody else heard that if he retired at us through injury we would have had compensation payout?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Thu 21 Apr 2011, 8:06 am

Sadly I think he will go. His contract runs out soon and whilst Hargo's made a great effort to get back into the game, what can we do? Pay when you play will probably mean Hargo receives no pay for the year, which even at footballer level is going to create financial difficulties, and yet if we hand him a new contract he'll be getting paid for another year in physio.

Business is business i'm afraid, for our sake and his, if he's not going to play a decent amount of next season, he must go. It's a great, great shame because he's a brilliant player, but really, what can you do?

As for compensation pay out, we sure as hell wouldn't chase it. The lad will have been forced into retirement for crying out loud, we wouldn't then say 'never mind son, now gives us your cash' would we? West Ham didn't do it to Ashton, and we won't do it to Hargo if he made the effort; i'm pretty sure those sorts of clauses are there to stop players from going into a 'oh well, i've strained my thigh, i'm bored of football and have a lot of money, so, thanks for the £1 million for doing nothing, i'm off!' sort of scenario.

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:30 am

It's such a shame about Owen Hargreaves, I've always rated him. I can't see him being kept on at the end of the season though, there has to come a point when Man Utd just have to say "Sorry but enough's enough". They've stood by him this long which is commendable but I don't think anyone could begrudge them calling time on his career.

It'd be fantastic if he could get back a level of fitness that would allow him to continue at the top level but if he gets released by Man Utd then I can't see too many clubs wanting to take a risk on him, which is a pity because he's a top player.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy McNulty Tue 26 Apr 2011, 10:47 am

The sooner he goes, the better it will be for my happiness.

We haven't brought in suitable replacements in midfield because we have been waiting for him to get fit.

It seems like he will never be fit again so what's the point in waiting for him?

Jimmy McNulty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Apr 2011, 1:25 am

I think he'll stay but on a pay as you play contract. I can't see him getting a full contract anywhere because of the last 3 years. It would be a deal that would suit both parties and if he were ever to get back to his old self we would have a quality player to come in the midfield.

The only downside is he would take up a place in the 25 man squad should that happen

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Wed 27 Apr 2011, 11:22 am

I forgot he was still a United player to be honest.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Sat 07 May 2011, 11:50 pm

Does it really matter if he does or doesn't? If he does it will be a free transfer.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down