The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview With Roger Mayweather

+9
joeyjojo618
Rowley
HumanWindmill
D4thincarnation
AlexHuckerby
Union Cane
Scottrf
azania
Sugar Boy Sweetie
13 posters

Go down

Interview With Roger Mayweather Empty Interview With Roger Mayweather

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:05 pm

The annoying thing about the ESB "On the Ropes" interviews is that they transcribe them verbatum. This is particularly rage inducing when either Roger Mayweather or Floyd Mayweather Sr are interviewed, as they are clearly a pair of addled half wits who spend 90% of their talking time repeating themselves. Roger also appears to know nothing about modern fighters such as Khan or Martinez, or the true details of Pacquiaos career. He also seems to think Hatton was a career welterweight, the Oscar fight was a catchweight, the mosley fights gonna be a catchweight, and so on and so on.

If you can read this drivel from start to finish without wanting to tear your own face off or put your fist through the screen you're a better man than me. What I think he's trying to say is "pacquiao dont wanna take no test"... ...but I'm not sure...

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=27726&more=1
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Interview With Roger Mayweather Empty Re: Interview With Roger Mayweather

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:06 pm

Can you CnP it pls. Its blocked here.

Cheers

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:07 pm

Most people don't know sh.. about boxing.

I got as far as the title. I wouldn't want to be the trainer of someone who wouldn't fight a wild amateur for tens of millions.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:08 pm

I got as far as "Pacquiao really don’t got no boxing skills period!" and I had to stop.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:09 pm

azania, here you go:

by Geoffrey Ciani (Interviewed by Jenna J & Geoffrey Ciani) - This week’s 120th edition of On the Ropes Boxing Radio (brought to you by CWH Promotions) featured an exclusive interview with former two division world champion Roger Mayweather who is best known as being the head trainer for his nephew Floyd Mayweather Junior. Mayweather spoke about a variety of topics pertaining the current boxing landscape including Jesse Vargas’ first round KO victory over Vivian Harris, Manny Pacquiao’s upcoming fight with Sugar Shane Mosley, the prospects of his nephew returning to the ring against Paul Spadafora, Marcos Maidana, Sergio Martinez, and more! Here are some excerpts from that interview:

His evaluation of the performance by Jesse Vargas in his first round knockout victory against Vivian Harris:

“Well I mean to be honest, I already knew that’s what was going to happen to him anyway because I told him. I said he’s a veteran. Most veterans don’t want to be in exchanges with fighters. They don’t want to be in exchanges. That’s what they don’t want to be in. What you have to do is go right to them and put them in a fight right away. Put him in a fight right away because he’s going to be a slow starter and you’re young and you got youth. Boom! So I said it was going to come to an end quick and basically that’s what happened.”

On whether he believes Jesse Vargas can become a world champion:

“No, I know he can be a world champion. I’ve been training Jesse since he was 8 years old. I didn’t just start training Jesse yesterday. I know his ability to box. He’s a good puncher and not only is he a good puncher, but he’s a kid who can compete with pretty much most of the junior welterweights. He can compete with and he can punch with. So if we start talking about the guys who are the elite junior welterweights, you talk about Maidana, you talk about the Peterson brothers. Jesse can compete with all of those guys. Basically Jesse has good height for his weight class. Jesse is damn near 5’11”.”

Regarding Marcos Madiana’s controversial victory against Erik Morales:

“Erik Morales is an old fighter. He started at a lighter weight division. So if he can compete and got a controversial decision with Erik Morales, he can’t do nothing with Jesse Vargas period. He has youth, and not so much just because of youth. I’ve been training him since he was 8 years old and I understand how he fights and that’s what it’s about. That’s what skills are about. You said he just fought a controversial decision with Erik Morales. Come on! Erik Morales can’t get in the ring with Jesse Vargas right now.”

Whether he was surprised that Morales looked so good given the fact most observers felt Maidana would overwhelm him early:

“That’s what I’m saying! Here’s a guy, like you said. If you would have asked me what would have happened I would have said he’s going to be knocked out. What did the guy walk away with? A controversial decision? Okay then. That tells you. A lot of guys get built up by their records when they ain’t beaten nobody but they’re built up by their records. To be honest with you, I don’t even know who Maidana is anyway! I don’t even watch them dudes. This guy here, his name is boom boom! I don’t know! I don’t know him so I don’t search him. I don’t know him. The only time I really search a fighter is when a kid that I’m training is going to fight him. Then I search the fighter and we work from there. But I don’t know just basically who is Maidana. I don’t know who Maidana is! I heard his name before.”

Regarding the fact that Marcos Maidana did well in a controversially loss against Amir Khan before facing Morales:

“Wait, wait, wait! Hold on! That’s Amir Khan? I’ve seen him fight. I was there! He didn’t almost beat no Amir Khan! Hell no! The guy from England? No! He didn’t almost beat that guy. I don’t know where they get that from. I was there! I don’t even know who Maidana is but since you told me he almost beat Amir Khan, that’s the only time I’ve ever seen Amir Khan fight! He didn’t almost beat no Amir Khan! No! Hell no! I was there! I ain’t seen it that why then, but what I’m saying is this. If these guys are the best junior welterweights they can come up with, then I might as well put my man in there. He can fight the best of the best junior welterweights right now. He was sparring with Maidana. I don’t even know who Maidana is, but when you just said about when he fought Amir Khan. I was there when he fought Amir Khan, but my man can fight him right now, period!”

Regarding rumors of a potential fight between Floyd Mayweather Junior and Paul Spadafora:

“I ain’t never heard it. I ain’t never heard about him fighting Spadafora. To be honest I don’t see what that would make, but that’s on him it’s not on me. Like I said, I ain’t never heard about.”

On whether he believes Paul Spadafora stands any chance at all against his nephew:

“Him and my nephew have boxed before. They boxed at the gym. I remember them boxing. My nephew was laid off for a good while and I mean they boxed, though. It was some decent sparring. Basically that was it pretty much, but people talked about it like it was a fight, Maybe now they’re trying to link that thing up according to the fact that they sparred. I mean that’s what I would think!”

Regarding the last time him and Floyd Junior were at the gym together:

“He comes to the gym. I ain’t seen him come in and train, but he’s coming to the gym though. He comes in the gym and he comes to the fighters that he was promoting.”

On whether he believes Floyd Junior would be able to realistically make a ring return in either June or July:

“June or July? He can come back in June or July. Basically it don’t take four months to train. It ain’t like my nephew drinks like that. He doesn’t drink or use drugs or any of that. He would probably need a couple of months to shake off the rust. Boom! I mean he was laid off seventeen months when he fought Shane Mosley! He can come back. He’s going to need a couple of months to shake the rust off, though.”

What it would mean if Manny Pacquiao knocks out Shane Mosley when his nephew was unable to do so:

“That don’t mean sh*t because the difference is my nephew takes tests and it’s the real tests. He takes the real drug tests. He ain’t even want to fight my nephew because he won’t take a test. ‘Oh, I can’t take no test five days before a fight!’ How in the world as you as a fighter going to tell somebody you can’t take a test five days before the fight when fighters take a test a day or two before the fight anyway! But he can’t take a test five days out! Why? That’s what he said! He can’t take a test five days before the fight because that’s going to make him weak. Well what does it make the other fighter? Does it make him weak, too? The only reason why my nephew hasn’t fought Pacquiao is because Pacquiao number one doesn’t want to agree to the drug test. That’s all there is to it. He says he does, but when it comes time he don’t want to do it. He can’t take no test a couple of days out before the fight. Why? First off, most fighters take a test damn near a day before the fight. They don’t take no test a week before the fight. They take a test a day or two before the fight, but he says he can’t take a test because it’s oing to make him weak.”

On claims from Bob Arum that Floyd Junior demanded $100 million to fight Pacquiao:

“Let me tell you something, he’s just talking that wack! Floyd’s probably going to make $100 million anyway, because number one they start out at $50 million each. So they’re probably going to make $100 million anyway, so what difference does that make? So if he gets $100 million, he gets $100 million! They’re going to make $300-400 million so what difference does it make? They’re the fighters. They deserve the money. They’re the ones who provide the excitement. So if you get $100 million, so what! $100 million ain’t nothing when you start talking about guys making $400-500 million. The biggest fight to this day is my nephew and De La Hoya. It grossed over $300 million. So what is it talking about a guy getting $100 million? He deserves $100 million! Both of them deserve $100 million if they’re providing the entertainment, ain’t they? How much is Bob Arum supposed to get? That’s why he must be worried about it then, because if Arum’s worried about them making $100 million than he must got problems! He must want to walk away with $200 million because the fight is going to be bigger than De La Hoya and my nephew. That’s all I got to say! If that fight grossed over $300 million this is going to gross more money than that, and since this is going to gross more money than that, how is he going to talk about somebody getting $100 million? How much money is he supposed to get? That’s what the hell he needs to talk about. Arum needs to worry about how much money he’s going to rob from Pacquiao. That’s what he’s going to do!”

His views on whether the interest in a fight between his nephew and Pacquiao has lost steam because negotiations have taken too long:

“Nope, people want to see the fight! Why do I know that? Because people ask me and I don’t care where I’m at. A guy stopped me the other day and he was a Filipino guy. I’m walking.

He stopped to talk and he said, ‘Excuse me, sir. I want to ask you a question.’

I said, ‘What?’

He said, ‘Are you Mayweather’s Uncle’? Like that.

I said, ‘Yeah, I’m Mayweather’s Uncle. Why?’

He said, ‘Man, I want to see a fight with Pacquiao and your nephew’.

I said, ‘Well yeah, hopefully it happens. It’s going to be one of the highest grossing fights in history’.

He said, ‘Man, that’s going to make a lot of money!’

I said, ‘Yeah, it’s going to make a lot of money. Compared to how big they are, yeah it’s going to make a lot of money’.

He said, ‘Well what do you think about the fight?’

I said, ‘Well what do you mean what do I think? What do I think about the fight? Who will win? Who will lose?’

He said, ‘Well what do you think about your nephew fighting Pacquiao?’

I said, ‘Obviously they haven’t fought for some reason. There is a reason why they haven’t fought’. I said, ‘Because a fight worth that kind of money, and that’s the biggest fight on record. There isn’t any fight that even grossed that kind of money. Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns didn’t gross $300 million. Marvin Hagler and Sugar Ray Leonard didn’t gross $300 million. The only fight that grossed that kind of money was my nephew and De la Hoya.”

On whether he has ever researched Sergio Martinez as a potential opponent:

“Nope. I don’t even know who Sergio Martinez is! I don’t know! I mean really I truly don’t know him. The fighters today, I know very little about them. Somebody said about Maidana. I don’t really know nothing about Maidana. What was the guy you said he fought? Amir Khan! I was there! I was there and I didn’t even know who the guy was! I was there, though. I was at the fight but I didn’t know who he was. These days now I don’t know much about the fighters in this era and time. I know about the earlier days, but not this.”

His views on whether Sergio Martinez has a chance to land a fight either with Pacquiao or his nephew:

“I know he ain’t going to fight Pacquiao because Pacquiao ain’t going to fight you if you’re over 150 pounds. So that ain’t going to even happen unless you’ve been off for damn near two years. Pacquiao ain’t going to fight you if you’re 150 pounds. Why do you think he made De La Hoya bring his ass down to 140-something and the same thing with all the rest of them. He ain’t never fought no fighter at their regular weight. The only person he fought at his regular weight, and he fought him a draw, and that was Marquez. He fought a draw and a split decision with Marquez. He’s the only guy who he ever fought at his own weight, and Marquez was only a 130 pounder anyway.”

On whether he would be interested in seeing his nephew Floyd Junior challenge Sergio Martinez for the middleweight title:

“Well I mean my nephew boxes middleweights so I don’t think he has a problem fighting middleweights. Weight don’t win fights anyway. Skills do. Ray Leonard when he was laid off five and a half years and had two detached retina surgeries he whopped Marvin Hagler’s ass and weight made no difference. That just shows you.”

Whether him and his nephew are at all worried that Pacquiao might lose to Mosley and potentially risk them a huge pay day in the future:

“Nope. If Shane beats him that’s what’s supposed to happen. I thought De La Hoya would beat him but under the circumstances I see why he didn’t beat him now, but that’s beside the point. The point is Shane Mosley can beat him. They’ve already said. I heard them say it. ‘We’ll fight Shane, but Shane Mosley will have to take a test’. That’s what they said! How do all of these people have to take tests and you don’t take one yourself. That don’t even make sense! All these people taking the test that he’s fighting, but then he doesn’t take the damn test himself! Then when he fought Ricky Hatton and De La Hoya, he made them fight him at a catch weight anyway. He never fought De La Hoya at 147 pounds. He had to weigh in at like 144 pounds. Ricky Hatton weighed 140-something. He ain’t fought nobody at their regular weight. If you’re the welterweight champion you fight guys at welterweight, at 147. That’s what I know about boxing, but he ain’t never fought them guys at that weight. That’s what he says. That’s all I can tell you about what I know about Pacquiao. I don’t know much about him anyway. I don’t know much about him, but if he really wanted to fight for that kind of money that them guys are getting for that fight to happen then he’s got to take a test. Everybody is taking a test but you. Something has got to be wrong. You’re getting $100 million. That’s easy money to get because that fight is that big and there is interest to make that kind of money. This fight is bigger than De La Hoya and my nephew and that’s the highest grossing fight in history right now with over $300 million. Those guys will walk away with over $100 million each, at least! Remember, they’re already starting off the bid out at $50 million each anyway. So how in the world ain’t you going to get $100 million?”

On what fighters he most enjoys watching in the sport today:

“There is no fighter out there period that’s interesting to me! I’m talking with the ability to box, great boxing skills. I wouldn’t know who he was. If he is, I wouldn’t know who he was anyway.”

Regarding some of the most recent fighters that he most enjoyed watching:

“Most of them are fighters from where I’m from. Guys I admired were Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong, Joe Louis, Tommy Hearns, Aaron Pryor, in my day. I mean that’s my era of boxing. The dudes today I don’t even watch, period! The only reason I’m watching a fight amongst somebody else that I don’t even know, it’s because some kid that I’m training is fighting on the card with him. Other than that I wouldn’t even watch him at all. I don’t even watch fights on TV at all. I don’t watch nothing on TV, not no boxing. The reason I don’t watch boxing is because there ain’t nothing out there. There ain’t nothing out there with no skills and no boxing ability at all. I’m sure there is some coming up. I got a nephew. I got a cousin of mine. My cousin is a six time national amateur champion. You know how old he is? He’s 16 years old, but like I said I don’t watch. I really don’t watch boxing. To me, my eyes are blind to boxing because from what I see there ain’t nothing out there.”

Regarding a comment he made on a previous episode where he stated Vernon Forrest would have been the toughest fight for his nephew at welterweight in recent years:

“Yeah, he would have been the toughest guy because he’s tall, rangy, and he’s a well schooled fighter.”

His views on how Floyd Junior would have done against someone like Tommy Hearns at welterweight:

“Well he would have had trouble with a guy like Tommy Hearns because Tommy Hearns was a tall, rangy guy. I mean I’m not saying my nephew wasn’t capable of beating Tommy Hearns, I’m just saying that guy would give him trouble and a guy like Vernon Forrest would give him trouble. You see? Those guys would give him trouble because just more of the height than boxing skill wise. Height plays a role most times when a guy is well schooled. Guys that are tall and rangy and have good boxing skills, that’s generally what happens.”

Regarding Pacquiao’s statement on the previous week’s show that he views himself as a natural 140 pound boxer:

“Well if he’s 140 pounds that’s why he’s making De La Hoya make 143 or 144 pounds. What does Shane Mosley have to make? I heard Shane Mosley gets to make 147. That’s the weight they’re going to fight, but that ain’t the weight they’re going to be because it’s going to be a catch weight. I mean sh*t. He don’t fight nothing but with people at catch weights.”

His views if Pacquiao really did fight Mosley at the 147 pound limit:

“He ain’t going to fight him at 147. I already know that. It may say 147. De La Hoya he fought at 147 but really De La Hoya fought at 144. The same thing with Ricky Hatton, there is not one of those guys that he beat that he legitimately beat at 147.”

Regarding the fact that Pacquiao’s victory over Ricky Hatton was in fact for the Ring Magazine 140 pound title:

“Like I said, he ain’t fought any one of those guys at welterweight, period! He fought nobody at welterweight! He fought them at a catch weight. Margarito had been laid off so long he fought Margarito.”

On whether he as a trainer sees any weaknesses in Manny Pacquiao’s game:

“Pacquiao really don’t got no boxing skills, period! What I see Pacquiao do is pretty much like a wild amateur fighter! Basically he ain’t got no real boxing skills. I mean not from what I know about boxing. What I see, I know what I see. Most people think because a guy whops somebody that he’s got skills. That don’t mean he got skills. He’s whopping guys basically because as far as I see he’s wild. He’s just wild. That’s all he is.”

His views on what his nephews biggest asset would be going into the ring against Pacquiao:

“Well first thing is I’m going to say this. First off him and Floyd ain’t never going to fight because he ain’t never going to take a test. He don’t want to get that ass whopping, because if he fought my nephew naturally and he took that test he’s going to get his ass whopped! He’s going to get knocked out! Here’s a guy who’s been knocked out at 105 pounds. Are you going to tell me now he’s beating guys at 150 pounds? Come on! Please! Everybody knows he’s got the sh*t in him. That’s why he don’t never take the test!”

His views on his nephew’s biggest advantage if Pacquiao did take the test and they did fight:

“Skills! Floyd got too much skill for him, period! And he’s too small. I’m not talking about the guys that he beat! I’m not talking about the guys that he beat, because he beat them illegally anyway. He ain’t beat nobody without taking that sh*t. He ain’t beat nobody, period! So fighters talk about De La Hoya and all them dudes he beat, he’s on that sh*t! That’s why! If he wants to fight my nephew listen! All he’s got to do is take the test and we can get the fight together. That’s why the fight never happened! Oh I can’t get shot with a needle! If you can’t get shot with a needle then how you going to fight then? How is somebody going to take your blood then if you don’t get shot with a needle? Does that make sense to you? You’re talking about a guy getting $50-60-70 million and you don’t want to take a blood test? Something got to be wrong! Why won’t you take a test? If you don’t take a test that means you never took a test!”

His views on the court case that Pacquiao has against his nephew due to steroid accusations:

“I ain’t going to say nothing about that court case sh*t! The bottom line is he ain’t taken the test has he? He must have something in him! He don’t want to take a test. Him and Floyd never fought and the only reason they never fought is because he didn’t take a test. He said he can’t get shot with needles! Now do you know any fighter in boxing that don’t take no test? That doesn’t want to take no blood test?”

On when he expects to see his nephew back inside the ring:

“Well I figure he should be back in the ring this year. He should be back in the ring this year fighting. I don’t know about him fighting Pacquiao but I know he should be back in that ring this year. I think if he doesn’t go back in the ring this year then he probably isn’t going to fight at all, but I believe he’s going to fight.”

Whether he would be interested in seeing a fight between his nephew and Miguel Cotto:

“Cotto don’t mean nothing. Cotto already got his ass whopped! He got whopped by Pacquiao! Ricky Hatton got whopped by Pacquiao! De La Hoya got whopped by Pacquiao! It’s because Pacquiao’s got all that sh*t in him! That’s why! That’s the only reason why he whopped them. Whopping Cotto’s ass don’t mean nothing for Floyd. Floyd would whop Cotto. He ain’t going to have that sh*t. He’s going to take the test. He ain’t going to cry about no needle.”

Regarding what he wants to say to all the fans and all of the listeners of “On the Ropes Boxing Radio”:

“Well what I want to let the fans know is people are always asking about Floyd fighting Pacquiao. For those that don’t know I’m going to clue you in on something and you’re going to be able to understand what I’m telling you to this day. Any time a guy is supposed to be a fighter, all fighters—all fighters, not Floyd, not Pacquiao, not De La Hoya, not Sugar Ray Leonard. All fighters take tests, blood tests, urine tests, and a physical. All fighters take that. The reason why they take that test is to make sure, number one, you are healthy. Number two, that you ain’t got nothing illegally in your body so that when you fight somebody you ain’t got nothing illegal in you. To most people they think why don’t Floyd fight Pacquiao? Oh he’s getting $100 million! It ain’t about the $100 million. It’s about what’s fair. If Floyd whops Pacquiao it won’t be because Floyd got steroids in him or because Floyd’s got something illegally in him. He already whopped De La Hoya! He already whopped Shane Mosley! He already whopped Ricky Hatton! So it ain’t going to be about what Floyd ain’t got in him. The bottom line is it isn’t Floyd who doesn’t want to take the test. The only person who needs to take the test is Pacquiao because he’s the one who’s got the sh*t in him! So if he takes that test and he comes up with nothing in him he’s going to get his ass whopped too! That’s all there is to it! That’s the end of the story! It ain’t about what Floyd’s going to do! He ain’t had nothing illegal in his body yet, so why does he need to take something illegal now? The bottom line is if Pacquiao takes that test he’s been knocked out twice at 105 pounds so you know what he’s going to get at 147 pounds.”
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:15 pm

I need a translator.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:25 pm

Jesus I'm guessing he was there at the Khan Maidana fight... My god...
And he definately made it clear he doesn't know who Maidana is...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:34 pm

Most people don't know s*** about boxing, motherf***** my nephew, and throw in Pacquiao and A-sides and thats every Roger Mayweather interview there has ever been.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Most people don't know s*** about boxing, motherf***** my nephew, and throw in Pacquiao and A-sides and thats every Roger Mayweather interview there has ever been.

Repetition can become tiresome eh, mate ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:41 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Most people don't know s*** about boxing, motherf***** my nephew, and throw in Pacquiao and A-sides and thats every Roger Mayweather interview there has ever been.

Yeah them people who bang endlessly on about the subject of Manny and Floyd but only present one side of the argument, can only be thankful this board is free of any such characters.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:41 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:

The guy talks a load of nonsense and thinks of himself as some boxing oracle, which he is not. He is not even a top class trainer

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:42 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

The guy talks a load of nonsense and thinks of himself as some boxing oracle, which he is not. He is not even a top class trainer

How's your stable of fighters coming along ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

Say what you want about the man D4, but dont say he wasnt there at the Khan Maidana fight. Because he was.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:How's your stable of fighters coming along ?
Do you have to be a michelin star chef to criticise a meal in a restaurant?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:44 pm

He makes baseless accusations, talks delusional trash, and just comes out with the same on tired rhetoric, while all the time thinking he know best and everyone else is stupid.

Please don't tell me any of you take this clown seriously.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:44 pm

Scottrf wrote:

Does Roger Mayweather ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:47 pm

The guys thinks Pacquiao is bulletproof and bullets would just bounce of him, he not joking around he really believes this.

What ever he has done, he has done too much of it.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:48 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Does Roger Mayweather ?
No.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:48 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

I thought Floydy relied on him for advice inbetween rounds?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:48 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:The guys thinks Pacquiao is bulletproof and bullets would just bounce of him, he not joking around he really believes this.

Food for thought, perhaps ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:52 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

I thought Floydy relied on him for advice inbetween rounds?

Fairly obvious, if the other guy is too fast so you can't counter, then you have to throw first and take the fight to him. Even I worked that one out. Rolling Eyes

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:53 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:The guys thinks Pacquiao is bulletproof and bullets would just bounce of him, he not joking around he really believes this.

You want to shoot Pacquiao?

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:54 pm

Scottrf wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Does Roger Mayweather ?
No.

So your point is equally applicable to D4's comments about Mayweather's prowess as a trainer, which is precisely what I was driving at in the first place.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:55 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:So your point is equally applicable to D4's comments about Mayweather's prowess as a trainer.
That's how my point was meant. You don't have to be a great trainer to criticise a trainer.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:56 pm

King Beer wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

That was one of the tests they wanted, if the bullets bounce of him, they would know he was on A-sides meths but if pierced his body that would mean he was clean.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:59 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

That was one of the tests they wanted, if the bullets bounce of him, they would know he was on A-sides meths but if pierced his body that would mean he was clean.

Even if bullets bounce off him, he'd still be easier to get through to than you are.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:00 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

🤦

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:01 pm

I actually felt my IQ lowering as I read through that.

I'm just going to ask my boss if I can do some colouring in this afternoon.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:02 pm

Excuses excuses D4, got caught out with your single minded dismissal of all things Mayweather then have to backtrack

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:02 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Even if bullets bounce off him, he'd still be easier to get through to than you are.

Not sure what you are trying to say here Windy.

But give us your view on Roger Mayweather, the fighter the trainer the man, is he one of the greats?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:05 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Not sure what you are trying to say here Windy.

But give us your view on Roger Mayweather, the fighter the trainer the man, is he one of the greats?

Well, we can start by saying he's better than you are on the first two.

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:05 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

He does talk a lot of nonsense but he is a top trainer he has trained his nephew for a long time and he ain't a bad fighter.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:15 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

He does talk a lot of nonsense but he is a top trainer he has trained his nephew for a long time and he ain't a bad fighter.

Floyd snr taught his son, not Uncle Roger. Has Floyd improved since Uncle Roger has been training him?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:17 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Floyd snr taught his son, not Uncle Roger. Has Floyd improved since Uncle Roger has been training him?

How many fights has Floyd had since Roger took over?

Back to top Go down

Post by punch drunk Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:30 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:Say what you want about the man D4, but dont say he wasnt there at the Khan Maidana fight. Because he was.

hahaha made me actually laugh out loud!

punch drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:34 pm

A tuneup for Floyd...
"A whole bunch of guys would be a good tuneup. He could fight Cotto. He could fight a whole bunch of guys. There are guys still out there. I mean I don't even watch fighters today because most fighters today aint worth a shi*t anyways. I don't know who in the top ten in any weight. I don't know even know. Because I don't even watch boxing."

Interesting too see that Uncle Roger still doesn't want lil Floyd to fight Pacquiao just as yet.

The guys admits he doesn't watch boxing but still claims to be an expert because he watch some old tapes of SRR.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:42 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
A tuneup for Floyd...
"A whole bunch of guys would be a good tuneup. He could fight Cotto. He could fight a whole bunch of guys. There are guys still out there. I mean I don't even watch fighters today because most fighters today aint worth a shi*t anyways. I don't know who in the top ten in any weight. I don't know even know. Because I don't even watch boxing."

Interesting too see that Uncle Roger still doesn't want lil Floyd to fight Pacquiao just as yet.

The guys admits he doesn't watch boxing but still claims to be an expert because he watch some old tapes of SRR.

You didn't answer my question! How many fights has Floyd had under Uncle Roger?

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:53 pm

King Beer wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
A tuneup for Floyd...

18 fights on this run, though he did train him before when Daddy Floyd was doing some porridge.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:55 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
A tuneup for Floyd...

How many of those 18 has he lost?

18 fights on this run, though he did train him before when Daddy Floyd was doing some porridge.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:05 pm

King Sex On The Beach wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
A tuneup for Floyd...

It doesn't matter, great trainer make fighters better, what do you think Uncle Roger has added to his game, if anything he has become a worst fight.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
A tuneup for Floyd...

It doesn't matter, great trainer make fighters better, what do you think Uncle Roger has added to his game, if anything he has become a worst fight.

How? He's still undefeated? His personal life may be up the kuyber but the record stands for itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:11 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
A tuneup for Floyd...

How? He's still undefeated? His personal life may be up the kuyber but the record stands for itself.

By carefully selecting his opponents.

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID10947/images/Mayweather-Cherry-Picker_(1).jpg

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:14 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
A tuneup for Floyd...

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID10947/images/Mayweather-Cherry-Picker_(1).jpg

Like Mosley ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:15 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
A tuneup for Floyd...

*Cough* Manny v Mosley *Cough*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down