The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wasps the best supported team at double header?

+2
BigTrevsbigmac
HQ matt
6 posters

Go down

wasps the best supported team at double header? Empty wasps the best supported team at double header?

Post by HQ matt Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:46 pm

At the double header today and wasps got the biggest cheers of the day and seemed to have the most shirts in the ground.. yet dont they have the lowest gate reciepts at home games of the 4 sides at twicks today? something wrong there.

credit wasps and quins for a great game for the spectators, really enjoyed it.

Irish were awful, cant blame sarries for what was a dull game.

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

wasps the best supported team at double header? Empty Re: wasps the best supported team at double header?

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:09 am

Yes I'm sure Wasps have a lot of supporters that turn up for the Twickenham games that otherwise wouldn't at HW.

On a positive note if the talk of the new ground closer to London comes to fruition I hope we can look to even bigger crowds & attract the floating London rugby supporters.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

wasps the best supported team at double header? Empty Re: wasps the best supported team at double header?

Post by gowales Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:22 am

Just shows that they need get out of that dump that they're in at the moment.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:40 am

HQ matt wrote:At the double header today and wasps got the biggest cheers of the day and seemed to have the most shirts in the ground.. yet dont they have the lowest gate reciepts at home games of the 4 sides at twicks today? something wrong there.

I suspect the neutrals (ie non quins) were supporting Wasps.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by andyi Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

HQ matt wrote:At the double header today and wasps got the biggest cheers of the day and seemed to have the most shirts in the ground.. yet dont they have the lowest gate reciepts at home games of the 4 sides at twicks today? something wrong there.

Actually they don't. The average gate form the 4 London teams actual home (or whichever footy club they lodge with!) games from last season:

Harlequins (Stoop) 12551
London Irish (Reading FC' Madjeski) 10168
London Wasps (WWFC Adams park) 6727
Saracens (Watford FC Vicarage Rd) 6342

andyi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:48 pm

gowales wrote:Just shows that they need get out of that dump that they're in at the moment.

Adams Park is actually a very good stadium for watching rugby. There are no unobstructed views, the facilities are fine and the pre-match stuff in the car park is apparently well attended. I am in the pub until half an hour before k.o. so I couldn’t say first hand.

The biggest problems we have is that access to the ground is bad, with one road in and out. Parking is limited. Many fans have to use Park and Ride or Train and Ride buses to get to the ground. In winter when fans have to wait for a bus in the freezing cold and rain (and trust me it gets cold at AP).

The other issue is that a lot of West London based fans won’t/can’t travel to Wycombe, partly becasue the train service isn’t great on a Sunday when we usually play at home.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 03 Sep 2012, 5:35 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:
gowales wrote:Just shows that they need get out of that dump that they're in at the moment.

Adams Park is actually a very good stadium for watching rugby. There are no unobstructed views, the facilities are fine and the pre-match stuff in the car park is apparently well attended. I am in the pub until half an hour before k.o. so I couldn’t say first hand.

The biggest problems we have is that access to the ground is bad, with one road in and out. Parking is limited. Many fans have to use Park and Ride or Train and Ride buses to get to the ground. In winter when fans have to wait for a bus in the freezing cold and rain (and trust me it gets cold at AP).

The other issue is that a lot of West London based fans won’t/can’t travel to Wycombe, partly becasue the train service isn’t great on a Sunday when we usually play at home.

Apologise, i've never actually been there myself that's just what i've heard and read online.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 03 Sep 2012, 5:54 pm

Don't worry gw. A lot of people mistake us for Sarries (Watford) Wink

Wycombe, and the surrounding area is quite nice. It just takes a lot of London based fans a long time to get there.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down