The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India vs NZ series ratings

3 posters

Go down

India vs NZ series ratings Empty India vs NZ series ratings

Post by Guest Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 9:45

Here are my ratings for the india vs NZ series..2 tests isnt ever much however you can still rate people's performances from them:

India:

Gambhir: 4
Sehwag: 6
Pujara: 7
Tendulkar: 4
Kohli: 9
Raina: 6
Dhoni: 7
Ashwin: 8
Zaheer: 6
Yadav: 6
Ojha: 7

NZ:

Guptill: 6
McCullum: 5
Willamson: 5
Taylor: 8
Flynn: 5
Franklin: 6
Van Wyk: 7
Bracwell: 7
Patel: 4
Boult: 5
Martin: 5
Southee: 6

Back to top Go down

India vs NZ series ratings Empty Re: India vs NZ series ratings

Post by KP_fan Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 9:58

Gambhir: 2...2 p0itns for the 30 odd in last inningmuch more was expected of him
Sehwag: 4.....he's gotta convert the 40s
Pujara: 8.....very good
Tendulkar: 0....abysmal..waste of a space..in this series
Kohli: 10...perfect...can't ask for more
Raina: 2.......gets the 2 for one fifty....horrendous failure in the remaining 2 innings
Dhoni: 8.......great show with bat and behind the strumps
Ashwin: 9........near perfct
Zaheer: 6.....OK
Yadav: 6....Ok
Ojha: 8.....need to flight a bit more all the time....but good show
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 10:53

Tim Southee got 7 wickets in the first innings so '6' seems a bit harsh.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 19:48

CF always has his reasons for particular ratings and they aren't usually up for discussion. But I would say I wouldn't rate Raina, McCullum, Taylor and Martin as high as he does. Tim Southee, Ravichandran Ashwin and Mahendra Singh Dhoni would be rated higher for me.
Taylor dropped a number of catches and batted terribly in the first test and his comeback impressive it was, wasn't enough to give him an 8. McCullum never really got a big score in any of the 4 innings, and when he doubled up as wicket keeper in place of the injured Van Wic he missed a stumping of Pujara. Raina got going only in the one innings, and his series total is less than that of Tendulkar, Gambhir and even R Ashwin. Martin couldn't trouble the Indian batting much in the only test he played and that was why he was dropped for the 2nd match. Jeetan Patel bowled better for me.
Tim Southee bowled a wonderful spel in the India first innings of the 2nd test and he bowled well in the India 2nd innings as well. Good enough to give him more than that of Zaheer and Yadav. R Ashwin took 5 or more wickets in 3 out of the 4 innings he bowled and was the top wicket taker in the series by some way. To add to that, he was very handy with the bat in both the matches, getting India pass 400 in the first match and then through that last wicket partnership with Yadav bringing the New Zealand lead down. Dhoni was very good with the bat and his runs came under pressure situations, and his glove work was very good and he scored more runs in 3 innings than what Taylor managed in 4 and didn't put down as many chances.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down