The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellow v Miranda

+22
Lumbering_Jack
TopHat24/7
manos de piedra
Ent
smashingstormcrow
Sugar Floyd Louis
Volcanicash
milkyboy
davidemore
John Bloody Wayne
mikeymax71
Boxtthis
eddyfightfan
owen10ozzy
tobbox
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
Bartley Gorman
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Lance
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
26 posters

Go down

Bellow v Miranda Empty Bellow v Miranda

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:04 pm

Tasty

very tasty.

Who takes it? Bellow has got plenty heart and loves his kids which is why I predict a FOTY candidate because Miranda has insulted both so far.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Bellow v Miranda Empty Re: Bellow v Miranda

Post by azania Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:21 pm

Easy night for Bellew. Miranda was washed up at MW and has no business fighting a big LHW. Mismatch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:59 pm

bellew should win as hes got a bit of momentum and miranda is washed up. but you never know, miranda is capable of hurting him if bellew is reckless

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 06 Sep 2012, 8:59 am

Bellow?? haha

I Miranda is clever trying to insult Bellew’s family and question his power as he wants Bellew to fight angry and open up from the start as he will have more opportunities to land. I don't think it will be as cut and dry and its been made out to be. Miranda is still a devastating puncher and will be dangerous, especially earlier on in the fight. He is coming here under no pressure as he is not expecting to win.

I expect Bellew to boxing clever early on frustrate and discourage Miranda by keeping him on the outside and not let him have any success to build momentum with. Miranda will start to get desperate as the fight is slipping away and will start to take more chances which will give Bellew more opportunities to land big and finish the fight around the 8th or the 9th.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartley Gorman Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:50 am

Miranda was a monster puncher at Middle but he's two weights north of that now so i imagine his power, unless its moved up with him, wont play such a major part in the fight.

Bellew should win, should box clever early to take the sting out of Miranda and then finish him late on.

One fighter still has the hunger and desire, the other was former fringe world class two weights below and hasnt looked interested for a while now.

Smart money on Bellew.

Anybody know the betting odds on this one?

Bartley Gorman

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 10:06 am

If Bellew loses - or even struggles in - this kind of fight, then he'd seriously need to reevaluate what he's aiming to achieve in the sport, because this fight should not even be competitive.

As a Middleweight, Miranda was bascially just a puncher and nothing else, albeit a very dangerous one. As a pure boxer, Bellew is a league above him and there's no guarantee that Miranda's power will be able to make a dent in a capable Light-Heavyweight at this stage anyway, particularly one as big as Bellew.

Bellew to beat Miranda however he wants to.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 06 Sep 2012, 11:07 am

88Chris05 wrote:If Bellew loses - or even struggles in - this kind of fight, then he'd seriously need to reevaluate what he's aiming to achieve in the sport, because this fight should not even be competitive.

As a Middleweight, Miranda was bascially just a puncher and nothing else, albeit a very dangerous one. As a pure boxer, Bellew is a league above him and there's no guarantee that Miranda's power will be able to make a dent in a capable Light-Heavyweight at this stage anyway, particularly one as big as Bellew.

Bellew to beat Miranda however he wants to.

To be fair to Miranda, he gave Chilemba a good fight for the first 6 rounds. I do think Bellew must be careful but he will win

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

To be fair, he was giving Despaigne (A very capable 175lber) a tough fight until he was an idiot and just kept hitting him low.

I wouldn't say Miranda is nothing at LHW, don't under rate him too much.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tobbox Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:34 pm

Miranda's pretty much shot and will be knocked out by Bellew within six rounds. I agree with the others who say it's a mismatch.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:47 pm

Not a chance Miranda gets blown out within 6. Whilst I agree he is past his best I don't think he is as washed up/shot as some people would lead you to believe.

As a gatekeeper to the World scene he still has something to offer and if Bellew isn't careful then Miranda is capable of crashing the party.

As others have alluded to Bellew needs to ensure he sticks to his boxing. He is more than capable of keeping this on the outside for the first half of the fight. If he can do so then he will frustrate Miranda and tire him...people have shown in the past that if you make Miranda do the chasing he will slow considerably in the 2nd half & thats when Bellew can take a few more risks and get him out of their.

I think a very late stoppage for Tony...probably late in the 10th Rnd or anywhere in the 11th.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:To be fair, he was giving Despaigne (A very capable 175lber) a tough fight until he was an idiot and just kept hitting him low.

I wouldn't say Miranda is nothing at LHW, don't under rate him too much.

I think it was a hasty DQ though. It was turning into a good fight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:08 pm

before his shot at cleverly i was criticizing his level of opposition and the extent he earned a world title shot. didnt really like the guy and thought been decked by mckensie was a warning sign of not been to good.

however he has completely change my mind, he seems a smart well mannered young man (i cant help thinking a certain liverpudlian heavyweight might have had a quiet word in his ear) and a good fighter. his CV looks fair good now and if he wins even better.

mckensie x2 (including a KO)
mcintosh (ko)
cleverly loss (MD)
miranda

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:06 pm

The things that made Miranda scary at MW (i.e. his KO power) are not so scary by half at LHW. He's a good name and a decent test for Bellew, but you've got to think that he'll stay relatively disciplined and outbox this guy. Bellew is a decent boxer with decent power. I'd put Cleverly and him around the same level, despite what Cleverly thinks about being 'world class'.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 06 Sep 2012, 4:08 pm

Boxtthis wrote:The things that made Miranda scary at MW (i.e. his KO power) are not so scary by half at LHW. He's a good name and a decent test for Bellew, but you've got to think that he'll stay relatively disciplined and outbox this guy. Bellew is a decent boxer with decent power. I'd put Cleverly and him around the same level, despite what Cleverly thinks about being 'world class'.

I have to disagree there. Although his punch power might no be as effective at LH then M, to say it’s reduced by half is going a bit OTT. He spanked that Sierra out cold in one round, where as it took Groves 6 rounds after shipping a lot of punishment. I think that he is less effective against the elite who know avoid punches and won't just stand there and take it.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 06 Sep 2012, 4:12 pm

I used the phrase 'by half' to mean 'significantly' rather than literally a 50% decrease. I agree that Miranda can still dig at LHW if you stand in front of him. But, it's not the weapon it was in the past at the lower weights.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 06 Sep 2012, 8:41 pm

Mitanda will turn this into a scrap.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:31 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Mitanda will turn this into a scrap.

That's his best hope I would say. Hopefully Bellew will be disciplined enough to box him.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:42 am

Watched Ringside yesterday saw couple of recent clips of Miranda. The left hook that he knocked Kariuki down with was vicious.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Fri 07 Sep 2012, 11:04 am

Miranda was a decent puncher at 160 although he never Ko'd a world class middleweight (Eastman was washed up when he faced Miranda and still gave him fits and too much is made of the fact he brokr Abrahams jaw); he has not showed anything like top level power on going up the weights. Yes he has stopped guys but we all know they were far from quality opposition.

It is Bellew's fight to lose. I think he will keep Miranda on the edge of his jab for long periods and cause a mid rounds stoppage

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 07 Sep 2012, 2:21 pm

I was thinking we shouldn't write Miranda off. Power is power and I'm not convincedd on Bellew's chin.

Then I saw a picture of them facing off at a presser. Bellew looks far bigger and should stop Miranda unless he gets very wreckless and offers his head on a platter.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 07 Sep 2012, 7:53 pm

If Bellew fights smart he wins easily, late KO or UD. If not Miranda could KO him.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 08 Sep 2012, 8:28 am

People seem to be making the point that Miranda's lost to every top fighter he's fought. This is probably true, so if bellew has aspirations to that level he should dispatch him comfortably. However, seeing as the only guy above domestic level that bellew has fought to date is cleverley, and the jury's out and how far above domestic he is, there is the possibility we are seeing this with britspecs on.

Miranda is likely to be dangerous early on as people have suggested and to me, this is a name on the cv and a fair test for bellew. Given the directions their respective careers are going in, like everyone else, its one i expect him to win and i'm not sure how much we'll learn about him from it.

I quite like bellew, but i do think his mouth has given him exposure his exploits havent yet merited (fair play to him for the self marketing) and paradoxically, we all give him a lot of credit for performing better than expected in a game loss to a fighter, in cleverly, that a lot of us don't really rate that highly in the first place.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:23 pm

Regardless of whether the rumours are true, Miranda coming off a training camp with Chad Dawson will certainly be well prepared to face Bellew, who imo has come on in leaps and bounds.

Bellew the favourite as the home fighter and seems to be on the upward curve but no way would I write off Miranda!! Will be interesting to see when Cleverly faces opposition like this.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:26 pm

Fight's livening up

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:36 pm

Bellew is actually overrated

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:51 pm

That was terrible!!

Miranda was a sitting duck, but Bellew just didn't seem interested in going on the attack.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:56 pm

?fix

Granted I was half watching a terrible fight but I had it fairly even with Mianda not shipping much damage then he takes a knee, refs on 8 before I would have been at 4 and he quits with faculties intact?!?

Anyway at 29 bellew is going nowhere on this game.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:10 pm

Ent wrote:?fix

Granted I was half watching a terrible fight but I had it fairly even with Mianda not shipping much damage then he takes a knee, refs on 8 before I would have been at 4 and he quits with faculties intact?!?

Laugh too right, Hearn say's he's gonna be a star

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:13 pm

I didn't think it was a terrible fight but felt Bellew gave Miranda a little too much respect and was overly cautious for much of the fight. It didn't surprise me with Miranda over the stoppage it was similar to when he fought Bute via a body punch.

Bellew no doubt needs to improve, he was defensively really sound, but his timing and counter punching was very poor at times, while at the same time when he landed Miranda wanted nothing to do with him.

Overall not a great spectacle but good win for Bellew who will surely gain more confidence from this fight and keep improving.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:16 pm

Age ain't nothing but a number! Carl Froch is a far better fighter now than 6 years ago when he was 29!! Bellew has the tools and work ethic to improve.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 09 Sep 2012, 1:38 am

You guys are hard to please! Bellew's very inexperienced and took on a dangerous guy who wanted it. Fought cautious and gave up 2 rounds on my card to Edison's aggression, but eventually found range and broke him down. Who knows, maybe if he hadn't been cautious a wild swing woulda decked him and you'd all be saying "Stupid boy, should've fought cautiously..."

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 09 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
I expect Bellew to boxing clever early on frustrate and discourage Miranda by keeping him on the outside and not let him have any success to build momentum with. Miranda will start to get desperate as the fight is slipping away and will start to take more chances which will give Bellew more opportunities to land big and finish the fight around the 8th or the 9th.

Too bad I never stuck any money on it. Both rounds were at 14/1. Went pretty much how I figured. I thought it was a good performance from Bellew, he didnt let Miranda have much success therefore was quite discouraged as the fight went on. Be interesting to see who Eddie has lined up for him next.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:34 am

I just watched the fight on record there. I thought it was pretty flat from Bellew. The impression I got was that he gave Miranda too much respect and was very worried about his power. I saw in the build up that Bellew was respectful of Mirandas power and that seemed to carry through the performance.

I suppose its easy enough to say he was overly cautious but I guess given the fact hes been on the floor a few times means that hes probably justified in his approach. Im sure he had gone out recklessly and been caught people would be saying he needed to box more carefully. But more worryingly is that his more cautious boxing wasnt overly effective. Id I have liked to see Bellew take greater control of the fight because Miranda had a look of a man who knows he has become a stepping stone now and was there to be beaten.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:28 am

I genuinely couldn't understand in the 7th (was it?) where Bellew had him on the ropes, shakey legged, and turned around and walked away? WTF is up with that?? I thought it was the end of the round and just hadn't heard the bell but then they carried on fighting!

Very werid.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:43 pm

The play acting was painful to watch. I like people who can show boat a little bit, but Bellew really doesnt have the charisma or talent to pull it off. Just made himself look like a bit of a clown.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

I genuinely couldn't understand in the 7th (was it?) where Bellew had him on the ropes, shakey legged, and turned around and walked away? WTF is up with that?? I thought it was the end of the round and just hadn't heard the bell but then they carried on fighting!

Very werid.

It looked to me like Miranda was just ready to pack it in and after about 5 rounds. He was just waiting for Bellew to do something to stop the fight. I got the impression that Miranda thought he would come over, give it a go for a few rounds and then if he didnt get rid of Bellew in that time he was more or less resigned to losing. In the end it was like he just got bored waiting for Bellew to up the tempo.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

I thought Bellew did okay, his defense was pretty good and he neutralised a puncher. Not ready for world titles yet, but perhaps the euro shot is the next step.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 2:33 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Very werid.

It looked to me like Miranda was just ready to pack it in and after about 5 rounds. He was just waiting for Bellew to do something to stop the fight. I got the impression that Miranda thought he would come over, give it a go for a few rounds and then if he didnt get rid of Bellew in that time he was more or less resigned to losing. In the end it was like he just got bored waiting for Bellew to up the tempo.

Good assessment. One of the things that actually impressed me about Bellew was the when Miranda was being a twit and play-acting etc, Tony didn't lose his temper and storm in - he stuck to his gameplan and put in a measured performance.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 10 Sep 2012, 2:52 pm

Not ready for world titles yet
World Title and Bellew in same context does not apply.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:05 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:

Except when he challenged Cleverley for one.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:

Except when he challenged Cleverley for one.....

And nearly won it!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:45 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:

YDKSAB or football for that matter.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 10 Sep 2012, 7:37 pm

bellew fights very nervy and showed too much respect for miranda, who lets face it really cant be bothered anymore

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:21 pm

i thought it was a decent progressing fight (i havent seen the first 3 rounds), i think bellew has come on well since his loss to cleverly, i think he could win the rematch but would like to see him go the euro route. the guy who beat ryan rhodes recent (can spell his name) would be a execellent fight for him and a good test before another title crack.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down