The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SD Results

+12
NickisBHAFC
JoshSansom
Crimey
UpsideDownFace
Kay Fabe
The Awesome Giz
Mr Video Man
Samo
Dr Gregory House MD
Sara
GSC
Fernando
16 posters

Go down

SD Results Empty SD Results

Post by Fernando Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:34 pm

Tonight WWE will tape this week's WWE Smackdown from the I Wireless Center in Moline, Illinois. Here are the full results.

Dark Match

* Ted Dibiase defeated Dean Ambrose.

WWE Smackdown

* SmackDown opens with Alberto Del Rio and David Otunga coming out. Ricardo Rodriguez is trailing and he's in a neck brace. They want action taken against Sheamus for hitting Ricardo Rodriguez with a Brogue Kick on RAW. They want the kick banned in WWE. GM Booker T comes out and says he wants to put it in the hands of the fans. They vote that the kick should remain legal. Del Rio throws a fit and Booker has something planned for them later.

* Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara beat Cody Rhodes and The Miz when Cody accidentally hit Miz with a Disaster Kick.

* Comedy segment with Hornswoggle stomping on Daniel Bryan's foot before running away.

* Zack Ryder vs. Daniel Bryan is up next. They hugged before the bell. Bryan won with the No Lock but wouldn't break the hold so the referee reversed his decision. Bryan continued to lose his temper.

* Damien Sandow comes out and starts ripping on Randy Orton. Orton comes out and reveals that Booker T has put the two in a match.

* Randy Orton beat Damien Sandow by count out with Dolph Ziggler coming out for commentary. Sandow ended up rolling out of the ring and running away for the count out. Ziggler attacked and Orton brawled with him. Sandow ran back down and caught an RKO while Ziggler ran off.

* David Otunga storms into Booker T's office and still wants the Brogue Kick to be banned. Booker makes Otunga vs. Sheamus for tonight.

* Titus O'Neil and Darren Young beat Primo and Epico to become the new #1 contenders. WWE Tag Team Champions R-Truth and Kofi Kingston were on commentary.

* Backstage interview with Wade Barrett.

* Barrett came out to big heel heat and beat Yoshi Tatsu in a squash. Barrett cut a promo after the match.

* Sheamus beat David Otunga in the main event with Alberto Del Rio watching from ringside. Booker T came out before the end and banned the Brogue Kick. Sheamus argued with Del Rio and they mixed it up but he still got the win.

Source:nodq.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

SD Results Empty Re: SD Results

Post by GSC Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:54 pm

Sheamus to hit Del Rio with the brogue kick while the ref is out cold then. Del Rio continues to feud with Sheamus and nobody continues to care.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 11:43 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:29 pm

Yay, Wade's back Very Happy

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 06 Sep 2012, 4:30 pm

Anyone else think it would have made more sense for Book to ban the Brouge Kick before the start of the match and then have Sheamus lose to Otunga there by actually creating doubt for the title match?

Or am I overthinking things?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 06 Sep 2012, 4:32 pm

Glad to see Wade back. Hopefully the PTP'ers will win the titles now, the mid card desperatly needs Kofi and Truth.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Sat 08 Sep 2012, 8:37 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Anyone else think it would have made more sense for Book to ban the Brouge Kick before the start of the match and then have Sheamus lose to Otunga there by actually creating doubt for the title match?

nope your being logical......so wwe wont do it
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Sat 08 Sep 2012, 8:53 pm

So is Booker a face or heel GM?

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 08 Sep 2012, 8:55 pm

I was hoping he'd revert to King Booker and hand down judgements from a throne
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:46 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Anyone else think it would have made more sense for Book to ban the Brouge Kick before the start of the match and then have Sheamus lose to Otunga there by actually creating doubt for the title match?

I would never have Otunga beat the champ but I would have booked Miz or Orton to beat him while banning the Brogue Kick

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:57 am

Booker only banned it after Otunga spent the show providing evidence that the Brogue Kick was dangerous and threatened Booker with a lawsuit

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 11:06 am

the-gaffer wrote:

I would never have Otunga beat the champ but I would have booked Miz or Orton to beat him while banning the Brogue Kick

Yeah, I was going to say this. Maybe not have Otunga beat him, but somebody beat him while he can't use the Brogue Kick to actually make it mean something.

I hate this new obsession with banning moves anyway as it just isn't logical. It worked perfectly with Hell's Gate which was built up as a move that was actually very dangerous, it was new, and so it made sense for it to be banned. But now they've used it too much and ban moves that it doesn't make sense to ban, like the Spear and the Brogue Kick when there are clearly more dangerous moves that are still legal. I know it's only for storyline purposes, but it doesn't make any sense.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 09 Sep 2012, 11:17 am

I agree that it has rather come out of nowhere - I doubt this is a long term thing and the "ban" will probably just be until after NoC so that Sheamus can beat ARD with the Cloverleaf and that be the end of things.

However, if they were keen on making it a long term thing then the only way would have been for Sheamus to have accidently kicked an innocent face, maybe a Santino or Lillian Garcia. They could then play up the damage of the move and the fact that Sheamus is unable to control himself while performing it.

They could point to the number of times he has attempted to Brogue Kick someone and ended up with legs flying over the ropes. They could have had a section with soe planted fans in the crowd where Sheamus attempted a kick on the outside, the opponent ducked and he nearly hit the fans...

As I say I doubt very much this is intended to be a long term thing, I would imagine that reports would come in denying the extent of Rodriguez's injuries and it will be lifted. Or Ricardo will be caught out partying without the neck brace and therefore they will all be caught out - this would also give a reason for ADR to blame RR if this is his next feud.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 11:30 am

See that booking would actually make sense, that he can control himself when he is kicking, but even then you would then not have grounds to unban it really.

What they should have done, is just not do the whole banning a move story anyway. It's just an attempt to add a different dimension to a feud that for most people died a long time ago and is only harming both people involved.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 09 Sep 2012, 11:57 am

Crimey wrote:See that booking would actually make sense, that he can control himself when he is kicking, but even then you would then not have grounds to unban it really.

What they should have done, is just not do the whole banning a move story anyway. It's just an attempt to add a different dimension to a feud that for most people died a long time ago and is only harming both people involved.

It would make it difficult but, if the crowd got behind wanting to see the Brogue but kept being denied then there could be a SM style campaign to get it re-introduced, which would fit with the WWE wanting to use more SM, or, it could be banned on SD but Sheamus could be transferred to Raw where he could use it.

I agree about it being a desperate step designed to bring something new into a feud, though having Sheamus win against Otunga really doesn't do that - this was the week ADR had to "win" in order to add any kind of jeopardy. In fact given their relative positions ADR had to get the upper hand every week until NoC.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 09 Sep 2012, 1:25 pm

I agree with Crimey about moves getting banned, banning the Spear was moronic, however it did work with Hells Gate as it was deemed a choke hold, as for the brogue Kick, I can actually see why this should be banned, from a storyline prespective, they would have to play on the fact that Sheamus' force is so devastating that people he kicks keep getting concussion's, and for that reason it's not safe to continue performing it

That however would open the door for a lot of negative publicity for genuine concussion cases

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 09 Sep 2012, 1:43 pm

Obvious what is going to happen at night of champions. Sheamus uses the b kick whilst the ref is down and the feud sadly continues. Worst feud of 2012 i think so there is the first slammy award !!!

Good to see Wade back is my Favorite wrestler. Good promo after the match he said "his business is for sale" or somthing maybe him joining Punk and Heyman??

Also has David Otunga formed with Del Rio and Ricardo?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 09 Sep 2012, 2:29 pm

I like Otunga's character, I like the Lawyer gimmick, he shouldn't be near the ring though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 09 Sep 2012, 2:31 pm

Otungas useful as a backstage heel.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 09 Sep 2012, 5:09 pm

Building the ring ect...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:07 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I agree with Crimey about moves getting banned, banning the Spear was moronic, however it did work with Hells Gate as it was deemed a choke hold, as for the brogue Kick, I can actually see why this should be banned, from a storyline prespective, they would have to play on the fact that Sheamus' force is so devastating that people he kicks keep getting concussion's, and for that reason it's not safe to continue performing it

That however would open the door for a lot of negative publicity for genuine concussion cases

The problem being that presumably Sheamus will have the move unbanned at some point, but you can't really justify that if it is giving genuine injuries.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:19 pm

Crimey wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:I agree with Crimey about moves getting banned, banning the Spear was moronic, however it did work with Hells Gate as it was deemed a choke hold, as for the brogue Kick, I can actually see why this should be banned, from a storyline prespective, they would have to play on the fact that Sheamus' force is so devastating that people he kicks keep getting concussion's, and for that reason it's not safe to continue performing it

The problem being that presumably Sheamus will have the move unbanned at some point, but you can't really justify that if it is giving genuine injuries.

Unless they went for it being banned on SD but that not applying to Raw etc

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:23 pm

My point is that if the reason for the ban is because it is causing injury (in storyline terms), it is impossible to justify it then not being banned, as it is still causing serious injury (in storyline).

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:41 pm

Totally agree, that's why I said it would be pointless, it'd only be justifable in banning it for Concussion purposes but then you couldn't justifiably lift the ban on it for that very reason

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:46 pm

I think it just highlights the total lack of imagination the WWE creative team have.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:46 pm

its a wwe crowd full of little kids who accept whatever the wwe tell them and cheer anything because they are so stupid.....this is the same wwe universe that chose for daniel bryan and kane to hug it out instead of have a match........i dont think the kids who watch the show even know what logic is
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:09 pm

Hugging it out was by far the best option, best thing on RAW last week

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 11:11 am

Maybe it's all part of Booker's new gimmick? Every week he bans a move on Smackdown until eventually the matches consist of two guys staring at each other.

Then Booker bans staring.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 10 Sep 2012, 11:15 am

I love it Laugh

Daniel Bryan will be the World Wrestling Hugging Champion before Christmas

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 11:28 am

Aw Gaffer mate didn't you hear? Booker's banned hugging!

And Christmas.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 10 Sep 2012, 11:45 am

Jeez what a spoilsport!

Never thought I'd pray for the day I hear a Hola Playa

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:04 pm

I wonder how many people Teddy paid to vote "tag match" in the Kane Bryan poll

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:38 pm

This whole banning finishing moves just bugs me really. The whole point of it being called a finisher is because it finishes off opponents enabling you to pick the victory. That's what the brogue kick does. Its basically a slightly more physical version of a big boot seen by Kane/Taker/Show. All a load of rubbish and doesn't get me involved in the storyline at all. And I swear I cannot see another Sheamus Del Rio feud, its getting beyond now, how long has it been going on and who actually gives a damn about it. Seriously, why on earth are they persisting with this feud when you have Orton/Barrett/Ziggler/Rhodes who could all have good feuds with Sheamus. A title change would freshen SD up. Unlike Punk, who is on fire and is gold atm, to have the title for the last what 4 months and bit on Sheamus just makes everything stale and boring. If Orton/Barrett were to win or someone new, it would get me hooked allot more to SD, just to see a new face winning and with the gold around their waste.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:49 pm

I think Sheamus is unlucky, its quite obvious the WHC title has lost its credibilty in terms of being a main title, its reflected with how its been booked, Sheamus is just unfortunate enough to be holding it, its a poisoned chalice, no face would look good holding it with the way its been booked

Sheamus is a big angry badass, he should have one big slow burner feud going on in the background while he is fed a few other guys he can have short mini feuds with, this keeps his feuds fresh whilst also giving the entire reign a more meaningful underlying story

What happening on SmackDown! is Sheamus and Del Rio are having a big feud whilst having loads of little mini ones with each other as well...the conclussion? No_one now cares, the repetitive nature of the feud has killled any interest in it

What was wrong with Del Rio being his main opponent enemy yet Sheamus would have mini feuds with Dolph, Miz, Cody Rhodes and/or Bryan? This way you keep the Champion fresh, keep the title scene fresh and build anticipation for the actual matches Sheamus and Del Rio would have

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think Sheamus is unlucky, its quite obvious the WHC title has lost its credibilty in terms of being a main title, its reflected with how its been booked, Sheamus is just unfortunate enough to be holding it, its a poisoned chalice, no face would look good holding it with the way its been booked

Sheamus is a big angry badass, he should have one big slow burner feud going on in the background while he is fed a few other guys he can have short mini feuds with, this keeps his feuds fresh whilst also giving the entire reign a more meaningful underlying story

What happening on SmackDown! is Sheamus and Del Rio are having a big feud whilst having loads of little mini ones with each other as well...the conclussion? No_one now cares, the repetitive nature of the feud has killled any interest in it

What was wrong with Del Rio being his main opponent enemy yet Sheamus would have mini feuds with Dolph, Miz, Cody Rhodes and/or Bryan? This way you keep the Champion fresh, keep the title scene fresh and build anticipation for the actual matches Sheamus and Del Rio would have

Exactly, the WHC has just become stale but it doesn't have to be that way. For me, its become second rate because its been booked so poorly (Not saying the WWE one has been great either)and with Sheamus being just a terrible face hasn't helped it. I would like Sheamus allot more if he was less smiley and trying to be the loveable irish man and just went out and kicked ass, not in a heel way, but just got the job done. He would win the crowd over allot more.

I also think a couple of title changes during the Rio Sheamus feud would have helped, it would have kept it interesting. If they had gone for a swerve when everyone knew Sheamus would win, and put the strap on Del Rio, it would have kpet it a little more interesting. But Sheamus just kept winning. Obviously, the idea was to make Sheamus look unbeatable and the man, but it had the opposite effect, as it just made Del Rio look weak.

Barrett/Orton need to be involved soon in the title scene. It would also allow Orton to become tweener again, his perfect persona imo. Throw in a couple of triple threat matches as well. It would be anyone's game if at Night of Champions, we had a triple threat or fatal 4 way between Sheamus/Del Rio/Barrett/Orton all competing for the WHC. It would bring much more attention to the title and would be an ideal way to create a new champ. Could even highlight the fact the champ doesn't have to get pinned, have Sheamus try to break a count but fail, keeping him strong as he didn't get pinned and have him chase back his title.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:16 pm

Smackdown has been poor for a very long time. Can't believe this debate is still going on. The last time I cared about SD was when kane had the title. Before and since has been real pour tbf.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:54 pm

Liam wrote:I also think a couple of title changes during the Rio Sheamus feud would have helped, it would have kept it interesting.

Not sure I would agree with this bit. A title constantly changing hands does not add to the credibility of that title. The other aspects of that are that there are plenty of guys out there that have won multiple titles that, frankly, don't deserve it.

The WHC is a joke right now...but all because they keep shoving the exact same feud down our throats. Change up the challenger every so often and it instantly improves. Especially if you pick one that has more to say than "It's my destiny..."

ADR just bores the shizzle out of me.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:17 pm

The only two guys that have made me interested in the WHC in the last 18 months is Christian and Daniel Bryan, those two guys should be heavily involved in the title scene, add Miz, Del Rio, Dolph, Barrett, Orton and Sheamus and you'd have a pretty strong division

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down