The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trap - Is his time up?

+10
The Boss
Marshes
westisbest
Gordy
Cotupina187
John Cregan
Ent
Thomond
Kay Fabe
Good Golly I'm Olly
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trap - Is his time up? - Page 2 Empty Trap - Is his time up?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I would say yes.

I personally as a Norwich fan have never understood why he hasn't picked Pilkington to play left midfield, after a great season in the Prem last year. Same for James McClean. I know he is stubborn with his formation, but these two would fit the winger role perfectly.

And don't get me started on how Wes Hoolahan doesn't play for Ireland
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Trap - Is his time up? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trap - Is his time up?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:21 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Olly wrote:These are the exact quotes on Hoolahan from Trap. Complete bullsh!t

“In the past there have been questions about Hoolahan,” said Trapattoni. “I said I know him very well. He’s not old but we have the young players like Shane Long and James McCarthy. I thought we needed two strikers in our team.

“Many times with Marco (Tardelli) we said maybe we have overlooked him because every game we saw him play for his club he played well in this position but his club is not Manchester United or Arsenal.

“He’s a tactical option for us in the future. Maybe for Sweden.”

So they haven't picked him because he doesn't play for a Man Utd or Arsenal week in week out yet they're happy to take a player just released by Derby County to the Euros ahead of him #headsgone
Im judging him on his time as Ireland manager here...but Trap is the worst manager I have ever seen in any sport!! To actually say multiple times in interviews that our players "weren't good enough" to beat a certain team is just mind blowing.
How can players perform if your manager doesn't believe in you?

Also how many players have walked away from the team now. It looks like Stephen Kelly doesmt want to play for us.

I honestly don't know how much more Hoolahan has to do to get into the team. He's proved himself to be more than able to perform well and be a big influence on the Premier League stage, and now he has come on for Ireland and done the same. If Trap doesn't start him, or start giving him more opportunities, well I personally would just say stuff ya
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:26 pm

A lot of Ireland's inferior players are his fault, there is underage talent coming through in Ireland and he is not picking it, also sticking with the likes of McShane ahead of Clark. Green ahead of Hoolahan and Fahey etc.

Hoolahan has deserved his place in the Irish side for 3 years, have been watching the guy since his Shelbourne days, he used to tear Cork City to shreds at only 20. He plays shoite football that is incredibly limited.

He is not the only problem with Irish Football, the FAI are one of the worst run sporting organisations on this planet, but Trap is a big component of our failings. I have been saying this before the Euros as Olly would tell you.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:37 pm

The man surely has his reasons, and euros aside has gotten the results.

Do you think he is ignoring top quality players on purpose? What purpose would that serve?

Hoolahan is 31 this year and is decent, lets not dress him up as some sort of saviour.

Every manager could do better but I think he gets over the top criticism.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:41 pm

The guy is an idiot who plays an outdated style of football, he has his favourites and picks them no matter what. Richard Sadlier is one of the few Irish pundits to tell it like it is, regards to Ireland under Trap.

Spoiler:

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Sadlier didn't even know who was in Ireland's group or who they finished above and essentially wants him sacked because when the 2 best teams in the tournament were beating us he didn't pull off some miracle formation change or change the team going into the game against Italy.

So what if he picks his favourites? They get him the results.

Time and time again we hear fans wishing for a manager to pick the best team and not the most high profile players, Trap does this and gets slated.

The players he is leaving out are no world beaters, they are mid to lower PL players - he is not there to appease people, who would drop Keane etc have us knock the ball about, never score a goal and lose narrowly regularly. He is there to get results, which he does - if the FAI aren't happy with him then they should sack him.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Ent wrote:Think people should give him a break, has taken a nation who had qualified for 1 tournament in 18 years to the European championships, losing once in 2 qualifying campaigns, with inferior/older players than his predecessors.
So what? We came through an easy group playing shoite football and then we got lucky and drew Estonia in the playoffs. The highest ranked team we beat was Armenia and they played us off the park with 10 men in the Aviva.

The man is a joke. Id say more Irish people watched the England match last night because they can't stand seeing shoite football and we are sick of our best players not getting picked!!

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:05 pm

He beat Armenia, big freaking deal. Trap is one of the biggest problems in Irish football and is a big reason why people don't turn up to internationals. He is one of the higest paid managers in the game, what has he done? He doesn't give a shoite about us, he didn't even know Ian Harte was Irish. He doesn'#t watch our games and can barely speak a lick of English. He doesn't get results against anyone half decent.

There is talent in Ireland, if you don't think there is then I question what you know about football at grassroots level in this country.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Thomond wrote:He beat Armenia, big freaking deal. Trap is one of the biggest problems in Irish football and is a big reason why people don't turn up to internationals. He is one of the higest paid managers in the game, what has he done? He doesn't give a shoite about us, he didn't even know Ian Harte was Irish. He doesn'#t watch our games and can barely speak a lick of English. He doesn't get results against anyone half decent.

There is talent in Ireland, if you don't think there is then I question what you know about football at grassroots level in this country.
The biggest issue I have with Trap is that he doesn't believe in the players. How many times in interviews has he said our players "weren't good enough" to beat Germany for example. The guy is a complete joke. As Ive said before- the worst manager Ive ever seen across any sport.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:44 am

You might want to look up how many trophies he's won in his career in how many countries. Whilst I can understand your feelings towards his efforts with you boys to call him the worst manager ever in any sport is naive to say the least.

The biggest problem he has is his lack of knowledge in depth of irish football and at his age thats not going to change any time soon.

It was a gamble by the fai which hasnt paid off.

Unfortunately paying off is probably the reason why he is still there. Id imagine hes on a very expensive contract.

Maybe if they bring in some young coaches to work with the squad and the youth system they can at least plan for times after trap. Experience is key and if you only keep on one or two with the next manager as least its some kind of foundation

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:57 am

Trap was a good manager, the game has passes him by a long time ago. He doesn't care about Ireland and I would be delighted to see him feic off out of here.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:33 pm

spencerclarke wrote:You might want to look up how many trophies he's won in his career in how many countries. Whilst I can understand your feelings towards his efforts with you boys to call him the worst manager ever in any sport is naive to say the least.

The biggest problem he has is his lack of knowledge in depth of irish football and at his age thats not going to change any time soon.

It was a gamble by the fai which hasnt paid off.

Unfortunately paying off is probably the reason why he is still there. Id imagine hes on a very expensive contract.

Maybe if they bring in some young coaches to work with the squad and the youth system they can at least plan for times after trap. Experience is key and if you only keep on one or two with the next manager as least its some kind of foundation
I said in an earlier post that Im judging him on his time as Ireland manager abd in his time here I honestly believe he is the worst manager Ive ever seen.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Ill say it again - worst manager ive ever seen. He has once again come out and suggested that our players aren't good enough.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:17 pm

Why did he take Long off last night? And not bring on Hoolahan?!

From the highlights I watched on Sky this afternoon you seemed to have no ability to keep the ball as the game went on! Hoolahan is the man for that!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Was talking to my dad at half time, and I said, if we go defensive in the second half we will lose. I was wrong, ultimately but if Austria could finish their chances we would have lost. Trap's in game management is urine poor. We punted it down the field, sat back and invited a team onto us, it's not the first time it has cost us points in a big match. Hoolahan should have come on, was saying that to you Olly at half time, I would have brought him on around half hour mark when we had some pressure on them.

We have talent (underage and in the setup) it won't reach its full potential with Trap.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:26 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Ill say it again - worst manager ive ever seen. He has once again come out and suggested that our players aren't good enough.

I think he is vindictive also,that's why no Hoolohan.
Worse than Stan..................at least Stan gave it 100%. Trap is just interested in proving himself right at the expense of anything else.

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Ireland scored 7 goals in the last week between the Georiga friendly and the Faroes, Hoolahan played a key role in at least 3 of them probably more in reality, and you wonder why we want Trap out.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:12 pm

He's gone.

O'Neill is the fav, McCarthy second fav
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Chris Hughton is also one of the favourites Olly.

Heard some touting Roy Keane, but can't see that happening.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:00 pm

I must say I dont see anybody already in a job like McCarthy/Hughton taking the post so early in the season, not sure the clubs would allow it.

Roy Keane would be an awful appointment
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Dont want Keane. Think he would be terrible.

Thank god he's gone.
Hope whoever the new manager is, changes the team round a bit.

NO MORE PAUL GREEN FFS.

As Olly says, Hughton and McCarthy in jobs doing well.
Do we want McCarthy again?
Hughton was at Landsdowne for the Sweden game.

O'Neil, did ok with us, obviously different to league.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:15 pm

I think this could be a good job for O'Neill, someone who's clearly lost the passion for day to day management.

Hughton was at Lansdowne to watch Olsson, Elmander, Pilks and Wessi and of course he is an Irish fan. Plus he always seems to be at games, people say he loves to go and scout himself
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:10 pm

I just wonder whether O'Neill would take it as a Northern Ireland man, I'm not going to pretend I know what his personal feelings are on the matter and I know a lot of players do switch to Ireland despite being from Northern Ireland.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:30 pm

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/4954257/Next-Republic-of-Ireland-Manager.html

Going by William Hill then: O'Neill the strong favourite, then Mick McCarthy (second spell perhaps), followed by McDermott (interesting), then Keane (no chance).  'Arry at 40/1 as a shock outsider? Or even Neil Lennon at 33/1?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2