The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray winning Tonight will open the Floodgates

+6
Liam
sirfredperry
bogbrush
lydian
newballs
Josiah Maiestas
10 posters

Go down

Murray winning Tonight will open the Floodgates Empty Murray winning Tonight will open the Floodgates

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 14:46

I can see 6 or 7 slams bathing in his jacuzzi should he finally get over the winning line.

Anyone who disagrees with this should head to Specsavers.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Murray winning Tonight will open the Floodgates Empty Re: Murray winning Tonight will open the Floodgates

Post by newballs Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 14:49

Funny but I thought the floodgates had already opened up at least twice following losses to Roger Cry

newballs

Back to top Go down

Murray winning Tonight will open the Floodgates Empty Re: Murray winning Tonight will open the Floodgates

Post by lydian Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 14:51

Wasnt it Dr Sincere who used to talk about Premature Speculation? Laugh
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 14:55

Erm

This new JM is scary!

Let's just try and get the first one in the bag first Ok!

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:00

When did you get the chance to bathe in his jacuzzi in the first place to get that wonderful premonition? Headscratch

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:03

I thought you were referring to opening the floodgates on articles and posts from Craig and bantroban.

lydian: The good Doctor didn't talk about PS, he was a chronic sufferer. Crying or Very sad
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:11

Gosh, on another thread we're talking about Serena's "disappointing" career as she has only won FIFTEEN slams. As has been said, just one for AM would be good to be going on with.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:13

bogbrush wrote:I thought you were referring to opening the floodgates on articles and posts from Craig and bantroban.

lydian: The good Doctor didn't talk about PS, he was a chronic sufferer. Crying or Very sad

Laugh

We could get JHM to 'silent' ban Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:21

I think its like Djockoivc, once he got his first, he went on a run because he knew had what it takes to win the big finals against the best players. That's all Murray is missing, that belief he could do it. He took his first set in a final until Federer ran away with it (Partly due to the roof). Then, he beat Federer in a BO5S match at Wimbledon to win gold. I think that was the turning point, he knew he could beat the best in the longer format when the pressure was on to win.

I said from the minute he won that final, he was my favourite to win the US open, because he had finally got over that mental block in his game. He has the skill,serve you name it. Now, I believe he has the mental edge which I truly believe will earn him his first GS later today. I think he'll beat Djockovic in 5 sets.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:30

Arhhh yes I remember now BB...looks like JM has picked up the mantle nicely.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:32

Liam. Well actually Djoko did not win another Slam for three years after getting his first but he was much younger than Andy will be should he triumph here. You could be right about a five-setter. Gawd knows what time it'll finish UK time.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:40

It'll open the floodgates in my house - the missus will be in tears of joy if Andy wins.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:42

I don't know about floodgates it certainly will get the monkey off of murray's back and let him play better without that pressure. But I still believe that despite the margins being small Novak is a little better. Still I think somehow that murray does keep knocking so one day that door has to open with this kind of persistence.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:51

In short I have no idea what will happen

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:52

It should be remembered just what wretched luck Andy had with the draw - consistently getting Rafa who is so hard to beat in a best-of-five match. Otherwise, I think, he might have made even more GS finals by now.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:55

Though Murray seems to be allergic to cupcakes Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 16:00

legendkillarV2 wrote:Though Murray seems to be allergic to cupcakes Wink

No Roger and Rafa are famous cupcake hoarders.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 16:07

sirfredperry wrote:It should be remembered just what wretched luck Andy had with the draw - consistently getting Rafa who is so hard to beat in a best-of-five match. Otherwise, I think, he might have made even more GS finals by now.

Ha ha! He should have a word with Federer. He often looks dejectedly into his trophy cabinet thinking it would not look as baron if the draw gods hadn't contrived to put that dastardly Nadal at the other side of the net in slam finals. Why couldn't he have been given easier slam final opponent's like Djokovic's or Andy's opponents tonight? Sigh! Life is just so unfair...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 17:15

With Federer getter closer to retirement and Nadal's knee's and possible retrenchment to the clay, I can't see too many others challenging for the grass and hard court grand slam tournaments over the next few years. Once Murray "knows" he can win a slam then the next one should pose less of a psychological hurdle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 17:36

My inner optimist and pessimist have been doing battle all day today, trying to predict how tonight will go. Unfortunately my inner pessimist is winning.

Part of me thinks that if Murray serves well, hits with good length, and plays as well on the big points as he did against Novak in the olympics then he will do it.

Another part of me thinks if Novak executes with the length he did against Ferrer yesterday and returns as well as he did then he will win it.

And crucially, another part of me thinks if the match goes deep like it did in Melbourne and we get to 2 sets all, Final set tie break... Who is likely to win those bigger points? Yes Murray won them at OG, but here Novak is defending champion as opposed to trying to win something for the first time like in London. Plus he moves better on hard.

This summer Murray has gone some way to proving these occasions are not too big for him, but even if he conquers his doubts he still has to beat a great player.

So my inner pessimist is making me predict a Novak win. I hope so so so much that Andy does it though.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 18:26

Danny_1982 wrote:... So my inner pessimist is making me predict a Novak win. I hope so so so much that Andy does it though.
My inner optimist tells me it will be a great match with both players feeling they performed to the best of their abilities on the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down