The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced

+41
sheephead
GLove39
RDW
offload
LeinsterFan4life
123skelm
Casartelli
Janecory
BigTrevsbigmac
youngguns6
munkian
thebluesmancometh
SlipperyAsAWetTrout
bsando
IanBru
Cari
Ospreydragon
EST
Knackeredknees
Knowsit17
Dorothy_Mantooth
InjuredYetAgain
Smirnoffpriest
glamorganalun
justified sinner
Artful_Dodger
Manky-Flanker
funnyExiledScot
reallybored
Kingshu
Luckless Pedestrian
TJ1
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
ScarletSpiderman
LondonTiger
gowales
George Carlin
21st Century Schizoid Man
Morgannwg
Scot Abroad
maestegmafia
45 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Likely winner?

Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced  Vote_lcap42%Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced  Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 13 ]
Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced  Vote_lcap58%Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced  Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 31

Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced  Empty Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced

Post by maestegmafia Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors
The Liberty Stadium

Friday, 14/9/12 7:05PM

Referee: Leo Colgan (IRFU, 7th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Gwyn Morris, Alan Jenkins (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: Dennis Jones (WRU)
TMO: Nigel Whitehouse (WRU)

Live TV Coverage on both BBCW and BBC ALBA

Ospreys and Glasgow both propping up the bottom of the Rabbo 12 after two rounds and both looking for their first win, and they meet head to head this Friday night.

Ospreys
15 Richard Fussell, 14 Hanno Dirksen, 13 Jonathan Spratt, 12 Ashley Beck, 11 Tom Grabham, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 1 Duncan Jones, 2 Richard Hibbard, 3 Aaron Jarvis, 4 Ian Gough, 5 Ian Evans, 6 George Stowers, 7 Justin Tipuric (Capt), 8 Joe Bearman
REPLACEMENTS
16 Scott Baldwin, 17 Ryan Bevington, 18 Joe Rees, 19 Alun Wyn Jones, 20 Sam Lewis, 21 Kahn Fotuali'i, 22 Matthew Morgan, 23 Andrew Bishop

Glasgow
15. Peter Murchie, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Alex Dunbar, 12 Peter Horne, 11 DTH van der Merwe, 10 Duncan Weir, 9 Chris Cusiter, 1 Ryan Grant, 2 Dougie Hall, 3 Mike Cusack, 4 Tom Ryder, 5 Al Kellock (Capt)
6 John Barclay, 7 Chris Fusaro, 8 Ryan Wilson
REPLACEMENTS
16 Finlay Gillies, 17 George Hunter, 18 Gordon Reid, 19 James Eddie, 20 Angus Macdonald, 21 Henry Pyrgos, 22 Ruaridh Jackson, 23 Sean Lamont

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced  Empty Re: Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced

Post by Scot Abroad Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Final score 0-0, you heard it here first

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced  Empty Re: Ospreys vs Glasgow Warriors this Friday...! Teams Announced

Post by maestegmafia Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Lets hope not. Admittedly bad start to the season for both sides but they are both capable of a great deal more.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Tandy has nothing to lose. Time to make a good few changes, like dropping Bishop, Fussell, Jarvis... He must ripping his hair out (Wink) at not being able to call on Prydie or Phillips. Keep Grabham in the team and put Ross Jones at full back. Bring back the big guns in the forwards if fit, they bloody need them, revert back to playing to their strengths. So yeah the team;

Ross Jones, Hanno Dirksen, Tom Issacs, Ashley Beck, Tom Grabham, Matthew Morgan, Rhys Webb - Joe Bearman, Justin Tipuric, Ryan Jones, Ian Evans, Alun Wyn Jones, Adam Jones, Richard Hibbard, Duncan Jones.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:31 pm

42 - 6 Ospreys is quite likely given what has gone on so far Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:58 am

Morgannwg wrote:

Ross Jones, Hanno Dirksen, Tom Issacs, Ashley Beck, Tom Grabham, Matthew Morgan, Rhys Webb - Joe Bearman, Justin Tipuric, Ryan Jones, Ian Evans, Alun Wyn Jones, Adam Jones, Richard Hibbard, Duncan Jones.
sounds good to me...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 am

Maesteg - do you fancy doing the teams/match thread?

It's practically impossible to pick this one - both teams up until now have been uncharacteristically awful.

Ospreys need a pack that aren't going to dial in another performance and Glasgow cannot continue with Jackson if his game at 10 was as close to being as bad as it was in the last match.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:15 am

Morgannwg wrote:Tandy has nothing to lose. Time to make a good few changes, like dropping Bishop, Fussell, Jarvis... He must ripping his hair out (Wink) at not being able to call on Prydie or Phillips. Keep Grabham in the team and put Ross Jones at full back. Bring back the big guns in the forwards if fit, they bloody need them, revert back to playing to their strengths. So yeah the team;

We won't get Adam and Ryan back till October.
I wouldn't drop Bishop, especially for the anonymous Issacs!

My team would be

Ross J, Dirksen, Bishop, Beck, Fussell, Biggar, Fotuali'i, Bearman, Tipuric, JT, Ianto, AWJ, Jarvis, Hibbard, Duncan J

I predicted the last game to the exact score difference, so let's see if my luck carries on...
I reckon the O's will just pip this one by 6 points.

Last edited by gowales on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:01 am

Os will have to play bette rthan they have so far, but they should win.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:02 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:42 - 6 Ospreys is quite likely given what has gone on so far Crying or Very sad

But to be fair to Glasgow they have lost to Ulster (at Ravenhill, by 8) and the Scarlets (at Scotstoun, by 5). Seeing as Ulster were HEC finalists last season, and the Scarlets were packed with their welsh players, those are not the worst results in the world. Granted they would have wanted more, but it is not all doom and gloom.

I think this will be a tight game, but have a feeling whoever wins it will get thir confidence back, and have a few more wins in the following games.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 am

I think your right SS.

Glasgow are never an easy team to play home or away and they have caused us all an upset or two in the past...

Certainly wont be taking them lightly here...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:14 am

maestegmafia wrote:I think your right SS.

Glasgow are never an easy team to play home or away and they have caused us all an upset or two in the past...

Certainly wont be taking them lightly here...
maes, sadly this is a new Glasgow, completely immasculated by coach Toonie furious

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 am

maestegmafia wrote:Glasgow are never an easy team to play home or away and they have caused us all an upset or two in the past...

Glasgow tend to play a very hard, uncompromising but simple game. They are very difficult to beat - but I never have that feeling they have enough points in them to win really big matches.

This is not a big match - but I still expect Ospreys to win and start to build fitness and form prior to the HC starting.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:19 am

LondonTiger wrote:

Glasgow tend to play a very hard, uncompromising but simple game. They are very difficult to beat ...................

Last season - this year with Toonie in charge it does not look like that

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 am

LondonTiger wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Glasgow are never an easy team to play home or away and they have caused us all an upset or two in the past...

Glasgow tend to play a very hard, uncompromising but simple game. They are very difficult to beat - but I never have that feeling they have enough points in them to win really big matches.

This is not a big match - but I still expect Ospreys to win and start to build fitness and form prior to the HC starting.

Teams don't play badly in the starting rounds and then say 'oh tell you what lets pull our fingers out or our hoops and start to build towards our HEC group'. The Ospreys have lost a number of players and are struggling to deal with it. For instance, including Adam Jones being injured, the Ospreys have lost their first choice front row (James, Bennett, A Jones), and they have lost their two most potent try scores (Bowe, Williams).

I think that they have a reputation of always being near the top, and when Adam Jones and Ryan Jones are back they may start looking better, but at the moment they seem to be a team that has been gutted, and are trying to work out who they are and what they need to be doing. Like I said in a previous post hopefully a win will sort them and give them their confidence back, but likewise I feel another loss may cause there to be real re-thinks down at the Liberty.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 am

I agree, no-one chooses to play badly. Ospreys just have notstarted the season well. I just expect that this match will see them start to turn the corner.

I reference the HC because as we are playing them in a few weeks it understandably means more to me than the Rabo. Having won the Rabo on more than one occasion in recent years, but underperfromed in Europe i suspect it may mean more to the Os as well.

There are too many good players available for Friday for Ospreys to keep doing poorly.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:53 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Teams don't play badly in the starting rounds and then say 'oh tell you what lets pull our fingers out or our hoops and start to build towards our HEC group'. The Ospreys have lost a number of players and are struggling to deal with it. For instance, including Adam Jones being injured, the Ospreys have lost their first choice front row (James, Bennett, A Jones), and they have lost their two most potent try scores (Bowe, Williams).

I think that they have a reputation of always being near the top, and when Adam Jones and Ryan Jones are back they may start looking better, but at the moment they seem to be a team that has been gutted, and are trying to work out who they are and what they need to be doing. Like I said in a previous post hopefully a win will sort them and give them their confidence back, but likewise I feel another loss may cause there to be real re-thinks down at the Liberty.

I think most importantly mate they have lost age and experience... THere are no old war horses in that side... as you said Ryan and adam out, no Goughie, Paul James gone, Bennett etc...!

I think it is a bit of maturity that is needed in the side. Someone who realises that the game they are trying to play wont work on a wet pitch...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:54 am

Agreed, Spiderman. I've said on another thread that the Ospreys' success has been built on their pack holding their own if not dominating the opposition and Dan Biggar putting them in the right areas on the back of it; but even with Adam Jones back, they'll really miss Paul James and I just don't think they'll have the solidity / dominance up front that they've had in the past. Dan Biggar on the front foot is an excellent controlling outside half, but on the back foot it could well be a different story. The final point is that they looked quite clueless in attack against Ulster and they don't really have many other options in terms of personnel.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:59 am

Maes - gough is still there, and played last weekend (i think)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:00 am

Maesteg I accept that some experienced players have left, or are unavailable.

When you look at the pack that started against Ulster though there is a lot of experience:

Ryan Bevington
Richard Hibbard
Aaron Jarvis
Ian Gough
Alun-Wyn Jones
James King
Justin Tipuric
Jonathan Thomas

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:04 am

I think ospreys since they are at home for this

Ospreys will be more disappointed with season so far than Glasgow

opening round Ospreys would have been favourites for a win V Terviso, Glasgow were underdogs V Ulster, neither won, but Ospreys would have viewed it as points lost, Glasgow just as a missed chance but didn't expect anything.

2nd round Ospreys would be looking to win every home game, but knew it would be a close one that they could lose, same with Glasgow V Scarlets.

Both lost and while both slightly disappointed, they would exept to lose a few of these close games.

Going into this game, both are needing a win, its about 50/50 between them, lets hope for a good game.

PS Glasgow fans, whats your opinion of Scotsoun now theres been a competative game played in it, you happy with your new home, and how happy? Is there room for improvment, or is it preety good already an djust needs tweeks?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:20 am

Your right they did have Ian Gough, Alun-Wyn Jones and Jonathan Thomas. Thats some pretty experienced lads.

Well no matter they are going to have to all start pulling their fingers out.

Positives are that they are trying to play some nice rugby and they are very good at the breakdown. Negatives is that everyone kept dropping the ball.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 am

Viliami Ma'afu is to leave Glasgow for family and personal reasons.

Golden Lions Super Rugby captain Josh Strauss will join as a replacement.

Sounds like some good business in my opinion, bit of prime Saffa beef for the back-row (6"6, 114kg).

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:58 am

Gruff Rees Backs coach wrote:Again, we showed glimpses and patches of where we want to get to but it was too fleeting for our liking" he said.

'We couldn't sustain pressure for long periods. We were 13-6 up and just couldn't put the game away from there. There were a few key moments at that time, 13-6, 13-9, a couple of big set-piece moments that went against us that we'll have to look at. Ulster have got decent squad depth and they brought decent players on but there are perhaps other issues around those scrums that we need to look at again in terms of that call that's been made. Those incidents aside though, in many ways we were architects of our own downfall. We were pressurising in their 22 and didn't come away with points.

"Ulster were scratchy themselves tonight, both teams had long error strewn periods, but they obviously came back into it then. A bit of looseness on our part saw them sneak it with a try in the last five minutes and we couldn't come back from that."

"We want to create a mindset similar to where we were at the back end of last season with an intent to play good rugby but with control - we certainly haven't got that balance right at the moment. We didn't build enough sustained pressure for long periods, through our kicking game or our running game. We're not doing either at the moment.

"A lot of the group, individually as players, they are doing some nice things, but collectively we know there are issues where we aren't pulling through as a team. The backs and forwards aren't integrating as we'd like and building a platform, to build phases, and likewise when the ball does slow down, how we can pressure sides better with a more effective kicking game.

"There are some technical issues there, things that we have to address in terms of mindset. Yes, we want to play good rugby but sometimes that message of playing good rugby can be misinterpreted and too much looseness comes from it. Also, as the game went on I think nervousness crept in and a lot of the mistakes were from trying to force something that wasn't there and perhaps allowing the scoreboard to dictate things whereas we were strong mentally at the end of last year as good teams tend to be, when you just play in that moment and keep a bit of composure about what you do. We know that we haven't got that balance right. We're creating chances. There are opportunities there, we've seen that, but there are reasons why we're not taking them.

"Let's make no mistake, we've lost two but we could have won two. Don't get me wrong our performance is nowhere near where we need it to be but it's about us taking stock. We're trying to manage this block of games for the good of the season as a whole and in a lot of cases for the long-term development of a lot of players.

"When you look at the first two weeks of the season, we've lost two games we could have won. Ulster have won both and they are admitting themselves that they are a bit scratchy in their performance. It's very fine margins."

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:47 pm

James King goooooooonnne

James King will miss the Ospreys’ Pro12 game with Glasgow on Friday evening because of the shoulder injury he picked up against Ulster.

It is a blow for the region, who are already without Ryan Jones.

King had been deputising for the Wales and Lions star and showing up well when he sustained the bump in his side’s 16-13 defeat.

He gamely tried to carry on, in the knowledge that the Ospreys had used up their back-five replacements, before eventually leaving the field in the 65th minute.

The Pro12 champions will hope the injury doesn’t prove serious as King is a player they rate highly.

No-one has defended better than him in their first two matches — he has made 16 hits, with no misses, figures matched only by Ryan Bevington — while the North Walian also offers a significant line-out option.

The initial signs are that the 6ft 4in, 16st man forward hasn’t broken anything, but the swelling around the injured area has prevented the region from giving a definitive take on how long he can expect to be out for.

Some good news certainly wouldn’t go amiss for King.

At the turn of the year, he was out for a month after a horror injury against the Blues at the Liberty Stadium. The man from Mold had been on the pitch just six minutes when he almost had an ear severed in a collision with Xavier Rush.

Plastic surgeons were needed to save the ear, but King returned to training within a fortnight.

The Ospreys are not short of back-row options, with Jonathan Thomas, Joe Bearman, George Stowers and Tom Smith available to cover the blindside and No. 8 positions.

Steve Tandy’s team will be looking to post their first victory of the season this weekend, after setbacks in the opening two rounds of matches.

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Ospreys-James-King-set-lay-shoulder-injury/story-16871620-detail/story.html

Looks like it's JT to 6, Bearman at 8 and Gough/Smith to join Stowers on the bench

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Go - that is a bit of a sod. Yeah i would assume that JT will slot into the flank and either BEarman or Stowers will come in at 8. Hopefully this season Stowers can show some sort of form.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:45 pm

I can't see Glasgow winning this game away from home on current form.

This is the Glasgow side I'd pick to compete:

1.Grant 2.MacArthur 3.Low 4.Campbell 5.Kellock(c) 6.Harley 7.Barclay 8.MacDonald 9.Cusiter 10.Weir 11.S Lamont 12.Dunbar 13.DTH 14.Seymour 15.Murchie

16.Cusack 17.Hall 18.Reid 19.Ryder 20.Wilson 21.Pyrgos 22.Jackson 23.Paris

Crying shame both Hogg and R Lamont are injured as options at 15.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Or Bearman or Stowers could play six and JT stay at 8.

Makes little difference really, none of those guys cut the mustard any more.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:59 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

This is the Glasgow side I'd pick to compete:

1.Grant 2.MacArthur 3.Low 4.Campbell 5.Kellock(c) 6.Harley 7.Barclay 8.MacDonald 9.Cusiter 10.Weir 11.S Lamont 12.Dunbar 13.DTH 14.Seymour 15.Murchie

16.Cusack 17.Hall 18.Reid 19.Ryder 20.Wilson 21.Pyrgos 22.Jackson 23.Paris

Don't think DTH should be 13, despite playing there for Canada recently. DTH is the most dangerous winger Glasgow have, he has to play on the wing. Horne at 13 instead, he played well off the bench last week and was instrumental in Cusiter's try.

Really hope Dunbar gets selected at 12 though, with you all the way on that one OK

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Bad news about James King though. He looks like potentially our best six.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:35 pm

gowales wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Tandy has nothing to lose. Time to make a good few changes, like dropping Bishop, Fussell, Jarvis... He must ripping his hair out (Wink) at not being able to call on Prydie or Phillips. Keep Grabham in the team and put Ross Jones at full back. Bring back the big guns in the forwards if fit, they bloody need them, revert back to playing to their strengths. So yeah the team;

We won't get Adam and Ryan back till October.
I wouldn't drop Bishop, especially for the anonymous Issacs!

My team would be

Ross J, Dirksen, Bishop, Beck, Fussell, Biggar, Fotuali'i, Bearman, Tipuric, JT, Ianto, AWJ, Jarvis, Hibbard, Duncan J

I predicted the last game to the exact score difference, so let's see if my luck carries on...
I reckon the O's will just pip this one by 6 points.

My bad i've just read that they're considering bringing back Adam against Glasgow this week or Scarlets next week.

Great news!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:13 pm

RP12 website PREVIEW wrote:
Ospreys have begun the defence of their RaboDirect PRO12 title with a pair of defeats, the only other reigning champion to have equalled this was the Ospreys themselves in 2007, when they lost the first three games of their defence.
The Welshmen have lost at home to a Scottish side just once since 2009: 26-20 to today's visitors, Glasgow Warriors, on 2 March 2012.

Glasgow Warriors have also begun the season with back to back losses to Ulster and Scarlets, but were at least victorious on their most recent visit to Wales. The Warriors have lost just one of their last nine matches against the Welsh regions.

Glasgow achieved the double over Ospreys for the first time last season including a first ever victory on Ospreys home turf.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Ooooooooh Poopie

Adam J won't be playing for another few weeks

He’ll probably be out for a couple of weeks. He will definitely miss this weekend and potentially the Scarlets game.

Then hopefully we’ll have him back available for us against Munster at the end of this month.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2012/09/11/adam-jones-hands-ospreys-and-wales-injury-worry-with-knee-problem-91466-31813842/

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Bad news about James King though. He looks like potentially our best six.

You mean best 6 after RJ? Bearman was best 8 last season.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Looking forward to this as both teams desperately need a win. Three losses in a row at the start of the season will be very difficult ground to make up and could be telling come the business end of the season.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Actually its on at the same time as Ulster vs Munster so I won't be watching picard

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Bad news about James King though. He looks like potentially our best six.

You mean best 6 after RJ? Bearman was best 8 last season.

Im not so convinced that Bearman is all that great. RJ is a solid 8 and Goode looks great at 6 with Tipuric at 7

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:04 am

Ospreys Head Coach Steve Tandy wrote:
I don't think it is a crisis or something. We were a champion team two games ago and all of sudden people are looking in and thinking it's doom and gloom, but it's not.
The boys are in great spirits but they are frustrated, just as much as the coaches, because they love winning. We crack the whip, whether we win or lose, but I don't think things should change on the back of two defeats.

We don't like losing games and we are not used to losing games, we have lost two on the bounce but if you looked at the performances and thought there was so much wrong with it, it might be different. But there hasn't been a lot wrong with our performances.

We are not far away but we don't want to go losing three or four games on the bounce. We just have to stick to our guns because there is not a lot wrong with our game.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:06 am

There is a massively surprisingly large vote for Glasgow at the moment considering that there isn't anyone who has actually posted that they think that the Ospreys will lose this match...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:18 am

It's a poll, surely commenting is optional? If you wanted comments, you shouldn't have made it a poll.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:23 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It's a poll, surely commenting is optional? If you wanted comments, you shouldn't have made it a poll.

LP

My point was more a long the lines of wanting to hear some of the support for Glasgow and the opinions of those who voted.

I dont think whether there is or isnt a poll constitutes whether or not people post their opinions.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:38 am

In any case, 12 votes to 9 hardly qualifies as Glasgow being 'massive' favourites among those who voted.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:47 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:In any case, 12 votes to 9 hardly qualifies as Glasgow being 'massive' favourites among those who voted.

12 to 9 is a possible final score though
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:49 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:In any case, 12 votes to 9 hardly qualifies as Glasgow being 'massive' favourites among those who voted.

12 to 9 is a possible final score though
Jeebus, spidey, think I'll slit my wrists rather than watch this one then!!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:53 am

It'll most likely be a slosh fest with plenty of knock ons and errors

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:56 am

Weather looks good for the rest of the week so can't imagine it to be a slosh fest..?

Time for both sides to turn up the heat an play their best. I am hoping to see better handling and a stronger set piece start developing.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:57 am

Well the Ospreys backs and forwards managed to knock the ball on plenty of times in perfect conditions last week!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:57 am

go- if there is any truth in the weather talk I have been hearing then the slothing of feet will be drowned out by the chattering of teeth in the stands. It really doesn't sound ideal contitiond for running rugby.

asbo - i am sure it won't be that bad, and sometimes a 9 -12 is a far better and more interesting match than a 35 -28.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:00 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Sometimes a 9 -12 is a far better and more interesting match than a 35 -28.

So you're going for an away win, then? Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Sometimes a 9 -12 is a far better and more interesting match than a 35 -28.

So you're going for an away win, then? Wink

It was the way the vote had it. But thats gone down the pan now, its 9-13 on the vote grrr.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next