The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RaboP12 (Round 3): Treviso (18) vs Leinster (19) k/o - 19:05 Sat, 15 September 2012 (Stadio di Monigo)

+16
clivemcl
Pot Hale
the-goon
Golden
Rory_Gallagher
LeinsterFan4life
asoreleftshoulder
Jenifer McLadyboy
BoyneRFC
Mickado
pete (buachaill on eirne)
rodders
SecretFly
Feckless Rogue
Gibson
thebandwagonsociety
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RaboP12 (Round 3): Treviso (18) vs Leinster (19) k/o - 19:05 Sat, 15 September 2012 (Stadio di Monigo) Empty RaboP12 (Round 3): Treviso (18) vs Leinster (19) k/o - 19:05 Sat, 15 September 2012 (Stadio di Monigo)

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 10 Sep 2012, 5:58 pm

The game is only on the TG4 website btw. The minor hurling final replay is on the telly
Away fixtures in the first 4 rounds are when Leinster are most vunerable (shortly followed by any fixture just after a HCup final).
Some of the internationals must be chomping at the bit to get a run out, you can only hit the tackle bags in practice for so long....
Who do people think will be feed back into the lineup?
My own prediction for the game is a tight match, no TBP for either side. Head says Treviso by 8, gut thinks Leinster by 5.

Leinster team news
Andrew Conway sustained a cut over his right eye which required stitches, but the former Blackrock College winger is expected to be available. Leo Auva'a was replaced after receiving a knock on the knee but took part in training this afternoon[monday afternoon].
Saturday’s game marked first home competitive outings for four players; Jordan Coghlan, Ben Marshall, Luke McGrath and Quinn Roux. Devin Toner, a second half replacement, meanwhile, is on the verge of becoming the province’s 20th centurion after featuring as a replacement for Roux. The Moynalvey man has featured in all three victorious Heineken Cup campaigns after making his debut in the 2005/06 campaign.

The management are hopeful of re-introducing a number of Ireland internationals from the summer tour to New Zealand, with temperatures set to hit the mid to high twenties in north east Italy at the weekend. A decision on who is likely to be in contention will be confirmed at Friday’s midday team announcement.

LEINSTER:
15: Ian Madigan
14: Andrew Conway
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Fergus McFadden
11: Fionn Carr
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Damian Browne
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Sean Cronin
17: Cian Healy
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Leo Cullen
20: Jordi Murphy
21: John Cooney
22: Noel Reid
23: Isa Nacewa

REFEREE: Ian Davies (WRU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Carlo Damasco, Stefano Traversi (both FIR), TMO: Stefano Marrama (FIR)

Treviso
15 Luke McLean
14 Edoardo Gori
13 Tommaso Benvenuti
12 Alberto Sgarbi
11 Ludovico Nitoglia
10 Alberto Di Bernardo
9 Tobias Botes
8 Robert Barbieri
7 Alessandro Zanni
6 Simone Favaro
5 Corniel Van Zyl (capitano)
4 Francesco Minto
3 Ignacio Fernandez-Rouyet
2 Leonardo Ghiraldini
1 Alberto De Marchi

16 Franco Sbaraglini
17 Michele Rizzo
18 Lorenzo Cittadini
19 Valerio Bernabò
20 Dean Budd
21 Marco Filippucci
22 Fabio Semenzato
23 Kristopher Burton

Post match report (Leinster slant)
Sexton rescued a hard-fought win from the jaws of defeat as his 79th minute drop goal proved decisive at the Stadio di Monigo.
Making his seasonal debut, the Ireland out-half brilliantly held his nerve to kick Leinster to their second successive league victory after they had been stung by a late Fabio Semenzato try.

That try had been converted by Kris Burton, moving the Italians into an 18-16 lead, before Leinster reclaimed possession from the restart and set up Sexton for his match-winning heroics.

It was a topsy-turvy clash played in stiflingly warm temperatures, and Joe Schmidt's men had to combat a fired-up Treviso pack as the hosts looked to bounce back from losing away to Munster last weekend.

The Italians had more of the ball in the early exchanges, Alberto Sgarbi putting in a good break and Alberto di Bernardo opening the scoring with a 12th minute penalty.

They continued to press from the restart, their beefy pack making good yardage under the direction of scrum half Tobie Botes.

Kevin McLaughlin was picked out for a deliberate offside as Treviso got within striking distance, with the yellow card for the flanker leaving Leinster shorthanded.

The subsequent penalty was missed by di Bernardo, but Treviso maintained their presence in the Leinster half and from a quick tap and go Robert Barbieri snuck in for a try which needed confirmation from television match official Stefano Marrama.

The conversion was missed and Leinster hit back following McLaughlin's return to the pitch. Simone Favaro infringed at a ruck just outside the Treviso 10-metre line and Sexton fired the penalty through the posts for 8-3.

That is how it remained for half-time as Leinster clawed back some territory after defending a close-in lineout, set up by a clever Botes kick.

A double tackle by McLaughlin and Sexton forced Ludovico Nitoglia to cough up possession as he attacked near the Leinster posts, and Andrew Conway's kick found touch.

A Sexton penalty set up a decent chance to attack, in the dying seconds, but despite a well-orchestrated lineout maul - with Shane Jennings in possession - Leinster were unable to conjure up a late try.

The Heineken Cup champions made a superb start to the second half though, a flash of brilliance from Brian O'Driscoll seeing him split the Treviso midfield and go over unopposed. Sexton converted from in front of the posts for a 10-8 turnaround.

Sexton was off target with a long range penalty attempt approaching the hour mark, but the Leinster forwards were beginning to make their mark - led by stand-in captain Jamie Heaslip.

A lineout steal in the hosts' 22 by Devin Toner, making his 100th appearance for the province, led to a sustained period of pressure from Schmidt's charges.

McLaughlin barged his way up on a muscular run and a simple penalty saw Sexton extend the lead to five points, with Treviso struggling to keep their discipline at times.

The stretcher was required for Richardt Strauss who took a heavy knock and the Leinster medics were quickly on the scene. Sean Cronin replaced him - the South African was thankfully sitting up on the bench soon after - and Toner also made way for Leo Cullen.

Treviso knuckled down and earned a penalty which replacement Burton stuck over to make it a two-point game with 15 minutes remaining.

Leinster renewed their efforts as they went in search of a match-winning score, yet handling errors undid some nice approach work by the likes of Fergus McFadden and replacement Isa Nacewa.

Schmidt's side were suddenly on the brink of defeat when Treviso replacement Fabio Semenzato got free from close range to wrestle his way over for a 77th minute try. The TMO confirmed the grounding and Burton's conversion saw the hosts retake the lead.

They looked set for victory, only for Leinster to have the final say in the form of Sexton's terrific drop goal from John Cooney's pinpoint pass. The win has moved Leinster up to sixth in the table, ahead of Edinburgh's visit to the RDS next Saturday.

BENETTON TREVISO SCORERS: R. Barbieri (1 try). F. Semenzato (1 try). A. di Bernardo (1 penalty), K. Burton (1 penalty and 1 conversion)

LEINSTER SCORERS: B. O'Driscoll (1 try), J. Sexton (3 penalties, 1 conversion and 1 drop goal)

BENETTON TREVISO: L McLean; E Gori, T Benvenuti, A Sgarbi, L Nitoglia; A di Bernardo, T Botes; A de Marchi, L Ghiraldini, I Fernandez-Rouyet, F Minto, C van Zyl CAPTAIN, S Favaro, A Zanni, R Barbieri.

REPLACEMENTS: F Sbaraglini, M Rizzo, L Cittadini, V Bernabò, D Budd, M Filippucci, F Semenzato, K Burton.

LEINSTER:

15: Ian Madigan (Isa Nacewa, 50)
9: Eoin Reddan (John Cooney, 67)

1: Heinke van der Merwe (Cian Healy, 57)
2: Richardt Strauss (Sean Cronin, 65)
3: Mike Ross (Jamie Hagan, 75)
4: Damian Browne (Leo Cullen, 65)

REPLACEMENTS NOT USED: Jordi Murphy, Noel Reid.

REFEREE: Ian Davies (WRU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Carlo Damasco, Stefano Traversi (both FIR), TMO: Stefano Marrama (FIR).

Last edited by thebandwagonsociety on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:44 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : team news, Leinster team announced, Treviso team announced, TV warning, scores and post match)

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

RaboP12 (Round 3): Treviso (18) vs Leinster (19) k/o - 19:05 Sat, 15 September 2012 (Stadio di Monigo) Empty Re: RaboP12 (Round 3): Treviso (18) vs Leinster (19) k/o - 19:05 Sat, 15 September 2012 (Stadio di Monigo)

Post by Gibson Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:55 pm

One thing I want to see, is Madigan starting at 10. He is playing sublime rugby, so why stop him on a roll? Keep Hagan and McGrath starting too. They did nowt wrong and everything right on Saturday. I would have Marshall continue as well. Put out a strong bench, mostly full of returning internationals. Use the full match-day squad.

Here's the 23 Id put out.

15. Nacewa
14. Conway
13. Macken
12. Reid
11. Carr

10. Madigan
9. Cooney

1. McGrath
2. Cronin
3. Hagan
4. Cullen
5. Toner
6. Marshall
7. Jennings
8. Auva'a

16. Strauss. 17. VDM. 18. Ross. 19. Roux. 20. McLaughlin. 21. Reddan. 22. Sexton. 23. R. Kearney.

Also available are: BOD, Darcy, Heaslip, Healy & Mcfadden.
Luxury.

I think Schmidt will mix & match that lot differently though. Maybe some different returnees in? He always gets it right anyway. But, it would be so good to see that same team, show even more improvement on last week. And to ease the Stars in gently. I expect a win.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

RaboP12 (Round 3): Treviso (18) vs Leinster (19) k/o - 19:05 Sat, 15 September 2012 (Stadio di Monigo) Empty Re: RaboP12 (Round 3): Treviso (18) vs Leinster (19) k/o - 19:05 Sat, 15 September 2012 (Stadio di Monigo)

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 10 Sep 2012, 11:27 pm

If we win it'll be very tight. Hope Hagan and Madigan start.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:09 am

I reckon Madigan should start.

Tighthead position is a bit of a problem for me, as I would like to see Hagan getting experience there, but Ross is a bit strange in that it takes him a few games to get up to match speed (like firing up an old diesel engine) but then once he is up an running, you need to keep it going the whole time. So once Ross gets back in, Hagan is screwed unless there are injuries. Just my thoughts.

I reckon if Joe gets, say 6, players back this week he might drop 2 into the starting lineup and bring 4 off the bench for the final 20-25 minutes. Maybe that way the kids don't just look at the bench and get disillusioned that this is their last game (not sure where my logic is today).

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:58 am

Looks like BOD will be involved.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/Rabodirect-PRO12/brian-odriscoll-set-for-leinster-return-3226255.html

And maybe even another centre. And I get what you mean by Ross, Band. He´s like an old steamroller that needs lots of priming and once he gets rolling and builds up a head of steam - he´s grand. But, as it is with Healy and VDM, Id like to see more of Hagan coming on for him in the PRO12 and HC. Two readied and able players for every position. It is starting to happen all over the field.

Nacewa / R. Kearney
BOD / Macken / O Malley
Darcy / McFadden
Sexton / Madigan
Reddan / Boss / Cooney
Healy / VDM / McGrath
McLoughlin / Ryan / Ruddock
Ross / Hagan
SOB / Jennings
Heaslip / Auva´a
Strauss / Cronin
Conway / Fitz
Nacewa / D. Kearney

Problem is, we are soon going to lose them all to Ireland. I can see us losing 20 to the Irish Squad before long.

Success eh?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:17 am

Yes, success has its price...now if we were to lose our coach to Ireland, that would be a tragedy and cause for a week's celebration Wink

I jest of course - Schmidt should stay where he is (hope he does!). Let's not upset two houses by trying to clean up one of them.

Weekend game - it could be another loosening up game, especially if some of the Internationals come back.

But... I think Joe feels a little more at ease now in letting the first teamers suffer a little more on the fringes (letting them feel a touch of what the 2nd choice guys feel all the time) I think if he played that along again next week, that might add even more self-belief fire to the young guns - as Gibbo said, don't necessarily stop a galloping horse in flight. He should tell them where they went wrong in the second half against Dragons and let them try to work through the error with another full or close to full game. This is great learning, it should continue against Treviso away.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:28 am

Nice to see Conway getting a run. In all the debates about Gilroy v Zebo v K2 he's sort of slipped under the radar but hes a serious prospect.

Liked the look of Macken and Reid in attack but they've been shown up defensively a bit.

Agree Madigan has been superb.

Any word on K2 and Fitzgerald?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:48 am

The team I'd hope to see put out would be

01. McGrath
02. Cronin
03. Hagan
04. Roux
05. Toner
06. Marshall
07. Jennings
08. Avuav'a
09. Reddan
10. Madigan
11. Carr
12. Darcy
13. Mackin
14. Conway
15. Nacewa

16. Strauss* 17. VDM 18. Ross 19. Cullen 20. McLaughlin 21. Cooney 22.Sexton 23. Kearney

*injury depending

I think adding the lads in slowly is the best bet myself and guys like Reddan, Darcy and Cronin didn't get that much gametime in New Zealand anyways. Sexton, Kearney, McLaughlin and Ross should start getting geared up and shouldn't be brought on til 50min min

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 11 Sep 2012, 12:34 pm

rodders wrote:Nice to see Conway getting a run. In all the debates about Gilroy v Zebo v K2 he's sort of slipped under the radar but hes a serious prospect.

Liked the look of Macken and Reid in attack but they've been shown up defensively a bit.

At the Q&A after the Dragons game Joe hinted that Fitzgerald could well be back by the end of the year, and that he’s been (non-contact) training with the team already. Which is great news as I understand there was a worry that he might not play at all this season. He also said if we get in a pinch in the second row that Brad Thorn has said to give him a call.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:11 pm

Mickado wrote:
rodders wrote:Nice to see Conway getting a run. In all the debates about Gilroy v Zebo v K2 he's sort of slipped under the radar but hes a serious prospect.

At the Q&A after the Dragons game Joe hinted that Fitzgerald could well be back by the end of the year, and that he’s been (non-contact) training with the team already. Which is great news as I understand there was a worry that he might not play at all this season. He also said if we get in a pinch in the second row that Brad Thorn has said to give him a call.

I bet Thorn wouldn't mind coming back for another flying visit, get paid, only have to deal with the big games at the end of the season, be adored/respected by everyone around him. I can think of worse places to spend 3 months

Any other good questions put to Joe after the game? His contract extension is on the table at the minute, or has he signed it already, any chatter about that or were people behaved?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:18 pm

I would be very surprised if Thorn is up to it after another 12 months.. very surprised indeed.

If he does get the call, why was Roux signed ?

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:20 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
Mickado wrote:

I bet Thorn wouldn't mind coming back for another flying visit, get paid, only have to deal with the big games at the end of the season, be adored/respected by everyone around him. I can think of worse places to spend 3 months

Any other good questions put to Joe after the game? His contract extension is on the table at the minute, or has he signed it already, any chatter about that or were people behaved?

I didn't catch it all but the OLSC posted almost all of it on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUF9rYg9NSY&feature=youtu.be

I read that contract negotiations are nearing a close, there's a few personal things to be ironed out but he has gone on record and said that he wants to extend his contract with Leinster, it's just about will he be able to do so.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:24 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:I would be very surprised if Thorn is up to it after another 12 months.. very surprised indeed.

If he does get the call, why was Roux signed ?

If he does get the call, it will most likely be because of Injury to Roux/Browne or because Roux decides he doesn't like it here like Sykes.

I think you can pick the whole of the interview between these clips

https://www.youtube.com/user/OLSCRugby?feature=watch

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 11 Sep 2012, 4:03 pm

Mickado wrote:
Mickado wrote:

I read that contract negotiations are nearing a close, there's a few personal things to be ironed out but he has gone on record and said that he wants to extend his contract with Leinster, it's just about will he be able to do so.

What he said was the decision is made from a RUGBY point of view. Sadly he has a son with some health issues, the decision will be made from a family point of view. I hope that goes well for him whether he stays or goes. He said he should know in the next week or 2.

As anyone who has kids knows, you would sacrifice anything for them even a job as Leinster coach.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Sep 2012, 4:14 pm

I didn't know about his son but I just knew he and others were honest when they said if it was rugby alone he'd have already signed but that other concerns are genuinely there.

I'd hate to lose him, not only from Leinster rugby but from Irish rugby. Always a warm smiling face for the cameras, seems a very humble and likelable man butwith a delicious tactical and work-ethic backbone of steel - a nice combination in one man.

I hope the issues can be resolved in a way that he'll be comfortable to stay and if that can't be, certainly his priority is his family life.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue 11 Sep 2012, 4:20 pm

Mickado wrote:

Does this mean Mike Ruddock will be the next Ireland coach?

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 11 Sep 2012, 4:26 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Mickado wrote:
Mickado wrote:

What he said was the decision is made from a RUGBY point of view. Sadly he has a son with some health issues, the decision will be made from a family point of view. I hope that goes well for him whether he stays or goes. He said he should know in the next week or 2.

As anyone who has kids knows, you would sacrifice anything for them even a job as Leinster coach.

Sorry Jen, i didn't catch the specifics which is why i went for the old reliable "personal things". I wish him and his family well wheather he stays or not though.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 11 Sep 2012, 4:38 pm

I only corrected you because it looked like there was something Leinster were not doing to keep him. I'm sure Mick Dawson is saying novenas to the blessed virgin every night. If begging would help we would all be standing on his doorstep.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 11 Sep 2012, 5:20 pm

Fact.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:20 pm

I fully concur chaps. He has brought the club to a new level. The place is smiling and doing the biz. I think he has given 50 players a chance in 2 years and still won 2 x HC's and made 2 x PRO12 Finals. Not bad. An impossible act to follow really. And... its not over yet. I pray he stays. I also pray, for him, that his family issues are resolved. He's such a sweet, smiling, approachable, highly-intelligent, ruthless kinda goy really.

Dawson should pave the way to ensure that he is helped to the max. Outside of rugby, as well as inside it, I mean. Its what great clubs do.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:25 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Mickado wrote:

Does this mean Mike Ruddock will be the next Ireland coach?

Lets be honest, he'd be a damn sight better than Deccie. Naw, we need a real outsider brought in, with a fresh and objective vision. I'm pished off with the provincial politics.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:31 pm

Gibson wrote:I fully concur chaps. He has brought the club to a new level. The place is smiling and doing the biz. I think he has given 50 players a chance in 2 years and still won 2 x HC's and made 2 x PRO12 Finals. Not bad. An impossible act to follow really. And... its not over yet. I pray he stays. I also pray, for him, that his family issues are resolved. He's such a sweet, smiling, approachable, highly-intelligent, ruthless kinda goy really.

Dawson should pave the way to ensure that he is helped to the max. Outside of rugby, as well as inside it, I mean. Its what great clubs do.

Obviously agree with all of that Gibbo, but mostly that highlighted bit. I know people will bend for him as far as they can go because he deserves it - both for achievements given beyond what could be hoped for really (player development, team success and a brand of rugby we and the players love) but also because of just his nature.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 12 Sep 2012, 3:35 pm

Looks like Joe is with us till Summer of 2014. Good news, but a one year extension looks like to me, he will go home after that.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0912/1224323909895.html
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 12 Sep 2012, 3:43 pm

Gibson wrote:Looks like Joe is with us till Summer of 2014. Good news, but a one year extension looks like to me, he will go home after that.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0912/1224323909895.html

4 years is loads. And once he's won 4 in a row (and not a minute before) he will owe us nothing Wink

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Sep 2012, 4:15 pm

Good news certainly. Hopefully the performances will prove it too *gulp*

Anyway, the one year thing might be what he needs to keep track on the family issue, - ie, can't afford to commit to long duration contracts.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 12 Sep 2012, 4:30 pm

SecretFly wrote:Good news certainly. Hopefully the performances will prove it too *gulp*

Anyway, the one year thing might be what he needs to keep track on the family issue, - ie, can't afford to commit to long duration contracts.
I read thats its one year, so that his son could finish his leaving cert...

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Sep 2012, 4:34 pm

Well, one extra year it is then. Let's hope we enjoy them.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:22 pm

15: Ian Madigan
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Damian Browne

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Sean Cronin
17: Cian Healy
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Leo Cullen
20: Jordi Murphy
21: John Cooney
22: Noel Reid
23: Isa Nacewa

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:22 pm

15 Luke McLean
14 Edoardo Gori
13 Tommaso Benvenuti
12 Alberto Sgarbi
11 Ludovico Nitoglia
10 Alberto Di Bernardo
9 Tobias Botes
8 Robert Barbieri
7 Alessandro Zanni
6 Simone Favaro
5 Corniel Van Zyl (capitano)
4 Francesco Minto
3 Ignacio Fernandez-Rouyet
2 Leonardo Ghiraldini
1 Alberto De Marchi

16 Franco Sbaraglini
17 Michele Rizzo
18 Lorenzo Cittadini
19 Valerio Bernabò
20 Dean Budd
21 Marco Filippucci
22 Fabio Semenzato
23 Kristopher Burton

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:24 pm

Hefty team out there for Leinster. We must have rested them enough in our mickey mouse league already.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:24 pm

Joe has chosen to start the big boys and move the league starters onto the bench. Nacewa also being rested a little.

I reckon Leinster win without a TBP.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:25 pm

Jen, how do you get hold of the Treviso info, i've been scrambling around trying to find that side

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:40 pm

http://www.benettonrugby.it/novita.aspx?idC=2444

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:41 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:Joe has chosen to start the big boys and move the league starters onto the bench. Nacewa also being rested a little.

I reckon Leinster win without a TBP.
That would do nicely. And no injuries please.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:43 pm

Madigan making his first start at fullback?

Should be interesting. VERY happy with that team.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:46 pm

Mickado wrote:Madigan making his first start at fullback?

He has had a few games there. Not sure if they were starts. Think he started there under Cheika

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

I would have rathered to have seen hagan retain his place at TH, but that is a very strong team we have out. Looking forward to this!

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/4131.php

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/4652.php

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/4669.php

1st 2 he came on after half time, last one was a start. all at 15. all in Cheika's last season.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:56 pm

The game is only on the TG4 website btw. The minor hurling final replay is on the telly

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:00 pm

Exciting looking Leinster side.

Questions for the Leinster fans:

1. Will this be BODs last season or will he carry on for another season (and then another after that Wink)

2. Fionn Carr. Is he any good?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:02 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:The game is only on the TG4 website btw. The minor hurling final replay is on the telly

Minor Hurling Final in a weekly Rugby slot???? Don't tell me, GAA demanded the slot because BT have rights to it!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm

rodders wrote:Exciting looking Leinster side.

Questions for the Leinster fans:

1. Will this be BODs last season or will he carry on for another season (and then another after that Wink)

2. Fionn Carr. Is he any good?

1 most likely but who knows. If he can make the Lions and go out in a blaze of glory. will not make the next WC so if he does play on will he retire from Ireland?

2 yes, but only going forward.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:06 pm

rodders wrote:

He's due a total refit in June 2015. So the shedule is he'll go into dry dock in late May to have the scaffolding erected around him in time for him to be back in service come late November/early December 2015. If he's given a clean bill of health then and the rust has been well and truly taken care of...he has another 20 years in him easy after that.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:20 pm

Someone on boards.ie said he was a full back that was converted to fly-half about 2 years ago. So he should be comfortable there.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

I remembered him played at 15 for us before, i just couldn't remember if he started there. He's got the high feilding skills anyway, took a few lovely catches last week.

Healy - Cronin - Hagan

That's some front row to spring off the bench. Mickey Mouse league my flute!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:42 pm

You play the flute?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:44 pm

BTW, Mickey Mouse has every right to sponsor whatever League he likes. The rest of them are just jealous he picked us...the guy is loaded after 84 years on top.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:46 pm

This will be a very tough game. Treviso have a very good team out. We are going to have to scrap hard for a win.
Leinster by 5

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:48 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Someone on boards.ie said he was a full back that was converted to fly-half about 2 years ago. So he should be comfortable there.

He played full back for Blackrock College not sure if he played 10 as well. Played both in Ireland u20s. Mainly 15 under Cheika and Mainly 10 under Joe. Has place kicked in all of those. 2009 u20 6N he played 3 games at 10 and 2 at 15 for example

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:50 pm

rodders wrote:You play the flute?

I dabble. Mainly because I like the word flautist, the same reason i considered midwifery as a career.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next