The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy joins the top 4 at last

4 posters

Go down

Andy joins the top 4 at last Empty Andy joins the top 4 at last

Post by newballs Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:17 pm

It needed stating. He's finally done it and about bloody well time too!

Seriously he (if early press reports are to be believed) is now going to start earning some real money. Question is the Swiss gave Roger a herd of cows (I believe). How can we possibly match that?

newballs

Back to top Go down

Andy joins the top 4 at last Empty Re: Andy joins the top 4 at last

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:20 pm

He will probably end up being taxed Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:22 pm

Whiskey?

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:27 pm

To me, Andy has always been one of the big four. He's had about three weeks outside the top four in about four years, consistently got to GS semis and even finals and won a lot of Masters tournaments.
It's usually taken one of the other big four to deprive him of the major prizes. Intresting that Rafa, Fed and Nole all won their first GS against a player who had never won one. Andy, contrastingly, has had to play Fed three times and now Djoko twice in his Slam finals. Tough.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:29 pm

sirfredperry wrote:To me, Andy has always been one of the big four. He's had about three weeks outside the top four in about four years, consistently got to GS semis and even finals and won a lot of Masters tournaments.
It's usually taken one of the other big four to deprive him of the major prizes. Intresting that Rafa, Fed and Nole all won their first GS against a player who had never won one. Andy, contrastingly, has had to play Fed three times and now Djoko twice in his Slam finals. Tough.

Yes I'd agree with thatand is how I felt but could understand those wanting to make the top four into an exclusive slam winners-only club. Well Andy is now a true member. thumbsup
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:38 pm

SFP yes it's a tough old world out there and Andy didn't have one match in all five finals where he would have been considered either the favourite or more experienced of the finalists.

If he hadn't have won at least one slam (there's after all no guarantees he'll win another though his recent form in all slams would suggest otherwise) then there would always have been that nearly man tag to his name.

Personally I would expect Andy to go from strength to strength and have at least a couple more slams in his armoury but ask Andy Roddick or del Potro how easy that is. You need to keep injury free and watch out for younsters coming through and stealing you thunder.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down