The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pressure is on!

5 posters

Go down

Pressure is on! Empty Pressure is on!

Post by wales606 Sun 17 Apr 2011, 12:18 pm

So, with only 2 games left of the regular season, the fight for the 4 playoff spots has narrowed with only 5 teams having a reasonable chance of securing one.

So after this weekend,

Munster have secured a home semi final

Leinster have also secured a playoff (unless they lose to Glasgow at home and Aironi which I doubt)

That leaves 3 teams competing for the last 2 remaining places

Ulster 59
Ospreys 58
Blues 56

However, the result is made even more unassured as the 5th place Cardiff Blues have game in hand over the other two - so assuming they all won without BP - Blues and Ulster would go through, but its not that simple.

FIXTURES

Blues
Treviso (H)
Dragons (A)
Scarlets (A)

Ulster
Connacht (H)
Dragons (A)

Ospreys
Munster (H)
Aironi (A)

If the Ospreys lose next week to Munster without a BP then they will need the Blues to lose 2 of their remaining games to say in - if they get a LBP then they will need a TBP against Aironi and the Blues to lose 1 game.

If the Blues win all there games, the Ospreys will need maximum points from both their remaining game (2 TBP) - If the Blues get 1TBP and win all there games - they will be in the playoffs

If Ulster lose to the Dragons (I expect them to beat Connacht at home), then they will need a BP and for the Blues to lose 1 of their remaining games. If Ulster and the Blues win all their remaining games, Ulster will need a TBP to stay in the top 4, or for the Ospreys to fail to achieve a BP if they win both their games.

As a Blues fan, im quite happy that our destiny is in our hands - with a game in hand, the Blues performances in the 2 welsh derbies and whether we can sneak a BP against Treviso will decide the makeup of the final table.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Pressure is on! Empty Re: Pressure is on!

Post by ospreylian Mon 18 Apr 2011, 12:05 pm

Wales 606

I think that you are now certain of a top four place...........3 Irish teams and the Blues.
Will have to go some to win the Magners though.

could be the last time too, if Peter tom and the ulster CEO have their way.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:19 pm

I would certainly love to see Ulster in the final four, purely because of the outstanding season their having. But to be honest i think that a Munster Leinster final is almost assured.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 18 Apr 2011, 2:14 pm

I think the Blues will make the top four, but I can't see any progress being made after that!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:49 pm

My prediction;

1st Munster
2nd Leinster
3rd Ulster
4th Blues

I predict Ulster to beat Connacht and the Dragons. We know if we beat both of those sides with a total of 9 points from the two games we are guaranteed a Top Four finish.

Munster beat Ulster at Thomond, Leinster beat the Blues at the RDS
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down