The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreylia - The land of less!

+9
gowales
Shifty
SubsBench
Breadvan
HERSH
Kingshu
bedfordwelsh
ScarletSpiderman
jeff stones dad
13 posters

Go down

Ospreylia - The land of less! Empty Ospreylia - The land of less!

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:31 am

Clue - less
hope - less

and

WIN - LESS.

What's gone wrong at The Liberty?

Last edited by jeff stones dad on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad smelling!)

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Ospreylia - The land of less! Empty Re: Ospreylia - The land of less!

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:36 am

The Ospreys have generally played a game based around their pack being in control up front. With Paul James leaving, and Adam Jones being sidelined they have lost some of that edge up front. I think that they will not be this bad for the whole season, and will probably be challenging the play-off spots come the end of the season.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:40 am

This Friday should be interesting. Any predictions?

Last edited by jeff stones dad on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:41 am

Why was James allowed to leave, was it purely financial or did they think the players there now were up to replacing him.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:43 am

Scarlets to win - easily on current early season form but who knows.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:46 am

Beford - they still haveBevington, Duncan at loose, and Adam, Javis and the other one (name escapes me) at tight. So I would assume that it was a money saving exercise, to a point.

Jeff's dad - I have a bad feeling that this is going to be one game too far for us. It will be too much pressure on us to win it by a distance, and the expectation is for the Ospreys to fold (or at least that is the way the common folk by me seem to think).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:57 am

Should be a good game, I don't expect a Scarlets walk over although they should edge it. The Ospreys can't be that bad for a fourth week surely.

Wales needs a strong Ospreys!

ScarletSpiderman what part of Pembs are you? Anywhere near Otter country?

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:02 am

SS,

Yh think you are right, the pressure will be on the Scarlets given home advantage and the varying starts both have had to the season.

But its a derby (though ours at RP on Friday was poor) and these games rarely rely on form.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

Jeff's dad - Milford (well Hakin really), there seem to be a fair few of us on here from or at least originally from) the true west.

Yeah we need a strong Ospreys, and I honestly think that when Adam returns and their pack is a bit more solid the wins will come. Being realistic, so far they have lost to Treviso (who were 1pt of beating Leinster), Ulster (Last years HEC finalists, so far unbeaten in the league), and Glasgow (Play-off places last season)., and they have picked up two losing bonus points. It is not like they have taken given Zebre a bonus point win in the Liberty, or gone down to Connacht by 50+.

Bedford - I will be willing to put money ont he game on friday being a dire game, I have feeling there will be a few yellows, and possibly a red, depending on how things go.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:31 am

ScarletSpiderman.

I'm from Pontiets area. My boy plays for the Otters.

You down PYS on Friday?

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:38 am

SS,

You ever play for Milford, use to play them regulalry when at RAF Brawdy always under floodlights to loved it.

Think the loss on weekend was very poor result, they should be more than capable of beating Glasgow at home.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:43 am

Jeff's dad - yeah I'll be there friday, you?

It's a small world my sister is living up at Bancffosfelen at the moment, so that would be around your neck of the woods. How did your lad end up down at Narbeth, wouldn't one of the Carmarthen teams been easier (and as good)?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:46 am

Bedford - Yeah the result this weekend was a comedy of errors, but still Glasgow are not a bad side really.

Only played age grade, I was too weak physically to really stand a chance when we moved up to playing properly (a 9-10st lock is no good to anyone). Its good to hear someone say they like playing Milford, most people moan the pitch is too stoney, or the local kids were throwing stuff at their bus etc etc
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:52 am

Next two games for Ospreys

Scarlets away
Munster at home

think that the Ospreys are going to be hard pushed to get wins in these (they are capable of winning both, but not on current form).

could realistically be looking at 5 games zero wins for the O's, and even being slow starters, making the play offs from that would be some achivement, Ospreys Pro 12 season could be nearly over before the first H-cup game!

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:04 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Bedford - Yeah the result this weekend was a comedy of errors, but still Glasgow are not a bad side really.

Only played age grade, I was too weak physically to really stand a chance when we moved up to playing properly (a 9-10st lock is no good to anyone). Its good to hear someone say they like playing Milford, most people moan the pitch is too stoney, or the local kids were throwing stuff at their bus etc etc

Yh pitch wasnt the best but then we also played at Crymych and that was a terrible pitch. Always loved playing under lights really adds another dimension to the game.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:10 am

ScarletSpiderman

May be at PYS friday - not sure yet!

The boy played for Carmarthen Athletic last season wanted to step up and the fact Narberth were in the new Championship was a factor along with other rewards.

Noted that you are an Instrument Tech! Are you on the Valero site by any chance?

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:14 am

jeff stones dad wrote:ScarletSpiderman

May be at PYS friday - not sure yet!

The boy played for Carmarthen Athletic last season wanted to step up and the fact Narberth were in the new Championship was a factor along with other rewards.

Noted that you are an Instrument Tech! Are you on the Valero site by any chance?

I forgot there was all the reshuffling at the lower levels too. I guess Narbeth makes good sense then, and its meant to be a prett decent setup from what the lads at work tell me.

Good guess with Valero, but sadly not, I the other side of the water way at a smaller site (just storage not actually refining).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:15 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Bedford - Yeah the result this weekend was a comedy of errors, but still Glasgow are not a bad side really.

Yh pitch wasnt the best but then we also played at Crymych and that was a terrible pitch. Always loved playing under lights really adds another dimension to the game.

Hving to walk half mile up the road from the club house doesn't help it much either
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:16 am

I almost feel sorry for the team. laughing
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:55 am

ScarletSpiderman

Only asked because I'm at Valero. Electrical Designer!

Your right - good setup at the Otters. Threw away a 30 - 6 lead on Saturday against Newbridge, final score 30 -31!

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:18 pm

Jeff's Dad - I've heard from a few working over there it ain't the most friendly places to be working.

Not good result for Narbeth then.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:23 pm

Hopeless just about sums up Fri's game. Crying or Very sad Clueless in Glas 22, the butchering of two overlaps when it looked like a bit of a comeback was on. Rhys Webb had an absolute shocker.....and I mean shocker. Cost the O's two tries and when Grabham played SH after his yellow, he was better! Well played Glas but.....jeez, We were abject.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Mon 17 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

Ospreys were terrible against Glasgow. But, as stated above, Wales does need the Ospreys to be strong and I am sure that they will improve. Just hope that their current run of form lasts for one more game! Very Happy But being a Scarlets fan has made me a pessimist and I can't help feel that the Ospreys are suddenly going to find some form and their pack will realise that they may actually be quite good if they tried a bit!

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 17 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

Breadvan

imho I thought Grabham did really well when he filled in. The ball was faster and cleaner and gave the Ospreys a bit of go forward.

Rugby is a simple game however you need both a game Plan A and B.Ospreys did not seem to have Plan B.

8, 9 & 10 need to be your tactical decision makers, to be honestly brutal they were lacking a player who could change the way they played. Neither Bearman, Webb or Biggar looked like a player who was using the "top 2 inches".

Furthemore you would think that AWJ being Captain with all his intelligence and experience would be able to influence the game plan. On a positive note Adam & Ryan Jones are to return.

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 1:44 pm

jeff stones dad wrote:Breadvan

imho I thought Grabham did really well when he filled in. The ball was faster and cleaner and gave the Ospreys a bit of go forward.

Rugby is a simple game however you need both a game Plan A and B.Ospreys did not seem to have Plan B.

8, 9 & 10 need to be your tactical decision makers, to be honestly brutal they were lacking a player who could change the way they played. Neither Bearman, Webb or Biggar looked like a player who was using the "top 2 inches".

Furthemore you would think that AWJ being Captain with all his intelligence and experience would be able to influence the game plan. On a positive note Adam & Ryan Jones are to return.

Please say that isn't going to be for friday???? We are missing Rhodri and could do without Adam turning up.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 17 Sep 2012, 1:48 pm

No I was thinking long term with regard to Adam & Ryan Jones.

In my opinion the jury is stillout on Rhodri Jones, not sure if his scrummaging is up to regional level yet! There is no doubting his playing ability though, he has bags of potential but far from being the finished article!

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:05 pm

jeff stones dad wrote:This Friday should be interesting. Any predictions?

41-9 there i said it, bonus point win too Sad
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 18 Sep 2012, 9:15 am

Shifty wrote:
jeff stones dad wrote:This Friday should be interesting. Any predictions?

41-9 there i said it, bonus point win too Sad

I would be very suprised to see that. I have a feeling 10 -9 (2 unconverted tries to 3 pens) or 10 -12 (same as but to 4 pens) would be more likely.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Tue 18 Sep 2012, 9:24 am

Ryan Jones may be available for selection.

My prediction 18 - 11 to the Sospanites.

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 20 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

I think the technical staff need to invest in some of these

Ospreylia - The land of less! Sticky-gloves-mi41

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:25 pm

Leinster lost their first game.
Won their second.
Lost their third.
Lost their fourth.

What's the year? - The year they won their 2nd HEC and the year they were in the final of the Pro12, the bridge too far against Munster.

Losing games? Big deal. The Ospreys are finished for this year? Unlikely.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:45 pm

SecretFly wrote:Leinster lost their first game.
Won their second.
Lost their third.
Lost their fourth.

What's the year? - The year they won their 2nd HEC and the year they were in the final of the Pro12, the bridge too far against Munster.

Compare the Leinster squad depth with the Ospreys though.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:53 pm

gowales wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Leinster lost their first game.
Won their second.
Lost their third.
Lost their fourth.

Compare the Leinster squad depth with the Ospreys though.

Gowales, I just don't, and wouldn't even if I was a follower, feel the need for panic. Maybe it's all just plotting and planning. Maybe we're seeing Ospreys announce their official intention to really go for the HC this year. You have to manage your resources if you're deathly serious about two goals, and that can sometimes materialise in entering into the full fray of the rugby season a little later than others. It's complex planning and it's much too early to be seeing disaster in anything Ospreys have done yet.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:57 pm

If the intention is to go for the HC this year then Tandy's in for a rude awakening. Toulouse and Leicester are on fire and Treviso will probably claim a few scalps.

We've been crap and the squad is very thin nothing else, we're not gunning for the HC that's actually a pretty hilarious suggestion Laugh
I'm not going into panic mode just yet but if things continue as they are then this will be a pretty grim season.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

gowales wrote:If the intention is to go for the HC this year then Tandy's in for a rude awakening. Toulouse and Leicester are on fire and Treviso will probably claim a few scalps.

We've been crap and the squad is very thin nothing else, we're not gunning for the HC that's actually a pretty hilarious suggestion Laugh
I'm not going into panic mode just yet but if things continue as they are then this will be a pretty grim season.

We'll see..... Edinburgh were 2nd last last year in the league. Where did they end up in HC? The future is out there.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 20 Sep 2012, 2:31 pm

Go - your one win shy of both the Dragons and Blues, so a win for your lot at PYS and a loss for one of them (Munster v Dragons / Blues V Treviso) it is quite possible that you could end up looking in a far healthier position come Saturday.

Also when Adam Jones returns and your pack start dominating games again then I think your backs will know what to do with the possession. It is just a case of hanging on in there.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Sep 2012, 11:39 pm

Is the doom and gloom now over?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 22 Sep 2012, 6:32 am

Hey if they continue to play like they did against the Scarlets then we'll be alright

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 22 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

.................................... Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 24 Sep 2012, 8:43 am

Did not expect that on Friday night! Well done to the Ospreys!

The Scarlets have a problem at THP though!

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:09 pm

Thought Sampson did well considering he is 18.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:16 am

maestegmafia wrote:Is the doom and gloom now over?

Ask againm on Saturday night... Erm
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:00 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Thought Sampson did well considering he is 18.

I must haver missed something there he only came on in the second half & got binned at the first scrum for pulling it down, anonymous after that.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:40 pm

Breadvan wrote:

Yep it's a big one, Munster are clicking really well already and we are a long way off form despite winning at PYS.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:16 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

I must haver missed something there he only came on in the second half & got binned at the first scrum for pulling it down, anonymous after that.

I believe Maes may have been suggesting that he 'did well' to leave the field under his own steam, rather than on a stretcher, after being buckled in half at that scrum.

Needs another couple of years in the gym and scoffing the weight gain powder.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:24 pm

Breadvan wrote:

Are you attending this week?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:26 pm

Casartelli wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

I believe Maes may have been suggesting that he 'did well' to leave the field under his own steam, rather than on a stretcher, after being buckled in half at that scrum.

Didn't read Trevs comment actually

I thought he did well. He was penalised as an example made by the ref for Scarlets poor scrum Prior to his arrival, not his fault he just lost footing.

He is 18 and was up against a seasoned prop with 50 plus caps

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Wed 26 Sep 2012, 7:46 am

An apprentice doesn't become a tradesman after one week in the job. Samson needs to learn his trade and I dont think a local derby at regional level is the perfect place to do that.

Maybe a couple more seasons at premiership level or at championship level. I have watched Division 3, 2 ,1 and Championship level for the last 4 seasons and in my opinion there is more empahasis on honest scrumaging resulting in very few collapsed scrums making the games flow and therefore being better to spectate.

Last edited by jeff stones dad on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed 26 Sep 2012, 9:50 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Casartelli wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

Didn't read Trevs comment actually

I thought he did well. He was penalised as an example made by the ref for Scarlets poor scrum Prior to his arrival, not his fault he just lost footing.

He is 18 and was up against a seasoned prop with 50 plus caps

He was mostly playing against Bevington though

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:43 am

Bevington has more experience playing and training at both regional and international level than Lee and during his first few seasons he played for Bridgend in Division 1 and Premiership before being subjected to regional rugby.

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down