The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao............

+6
BoxingFan88
Rowley
Sugar Boy Sweetie
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
10 posters

Go down

Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao............ Empty Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao............

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 11:48

Funniest "news article" I have read in a while.

My favourite pieces are:

"With her woman’s intuition sensing a bonafide boxing coward in her presence, the female Bloomberg anchor pressed Floyd again: ”What would you need to see then to make it happen?'"

"Perhaps those plans have gone awry because HBO and/or the powers-that-be of boxing have been pressuring Mayweather, behind closed doors, to commit to facing Pacquiao, which Mayweather presumably sees as a suicidal option, despite the enormous payday he would profit despite potentially getting brutally knocked out to the point that he ends up in a health condition similar to Ali, as he admitted to Bob Costas on national TV earlier this year."

"Nobody likes a coward. Or a "rich coward." "

http://www.examiner.com/article/floyd-mayweather-still-ducking-dodging-pac-monster-going-on-three-years-now

Yahoo

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao............ Empty Re: Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao............

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:12

LOL

Is that a real news report/remotely respected news site??!

What a load of baloney.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao............ Empty Re: Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao............

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:15

I thought The Examiner WAS legit news site.

Crazy piece of errrrrm uhhhh Journalism right their. Mustn't be "getting" any at home.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:24

Ah yes, the usual old brilliance which surrounds every article concerning the two most valuable names in boxing. I expect that this will, as ever, soon be followed by Mayweather publicly stating that Pacquiao is an "easy payday" and that the fight can be made, providing that (insert a dozen conditions here). Then, maybe we'll be lucky eough to get a statement from Bob Arum saying that Mayweather is still very much on team Pacquiao's radar, but that Floyd needs to (insert a dozen conditions here).

Floyd will spout some oh-so subtle accusation of Manny being involved with illegal substances, Manny will counter with the fact that, unlike Floyd, he fights for his God, his people and the fans, and round and round we'll go.

Is everyone else as excited as I am!?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:40

Whatever happened to Mannys defamation lawsuit against Mayweather?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:42

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Whatever happened to Mannys defamation lawsuit against Mayweather?

Whatever happened to my will to live?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:46

rowley wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Whatever happened to Mannys defamation lawsuit against Mayweather?

I think that was gone a long time before the manny-PBF saga began Jeff...
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:50

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
rowley wrote:

Aye, there's only so many times a man can drive past that 'Welcome to Rotherham' sign before he hits breaking point.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:52

You may well be right lads. I have always traced it back to the day Yorkshire agreed to pick foreigners at cricket, there can be such a thing as too much progress.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:53

88Chris05 wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
rowley wrote:

Aye, there's only so many times a man can drive past that 'Welcome to Rotherham' sign before he hits breaking point.

Once would be enough for me.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 13:58

Don't even care about this fight anymore, but I think Mayweathers insistence to not give Manny 50% is the reason it hasn't happened. Manny deserves 50%. Hats off to Chavez Jr and Martinez for giving the fans what they wanted.

This means the blame is solely on Mayweathers shoulders. Top Rank even offered a split to the winner...

For the record I think Mayweather wins easily, but its his fault it hasn't happened.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 14:03

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
rowley wrote:

Once would be enough for me.

TBH even you guys talking about it is enough for me
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 14:25

I once tried to commit suicide by driving into a "You are now leaving rotherham" signpost at 90 mph. Unfortunately it was a mirage.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 17:52

Nando's > McDonaire's
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelskiFanski Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 18:48

"That's sounds all good by Floyd, but he already spent over two years defaming, slandering and denigrating the globally beloved Pacquiao, far nastier than what Muhammad Ali did to Joe Frazier."

That journalist really is useless.

Personally I now hope the fight doesn't happen. Pacquiao is more over the hill than FMJ is and I think it would be a fairly pointless fight. Much better for the networks to focus on giving us big fights with some names who are on the way up.

ChelskiFanski

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 18:50

"If he ever grows a pair".........."Manny has offered the coward 50/50"......

Where is d4 when you need him!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down