The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 2012 Video Game

5 posters

Go down

F1 2012 Video Game  Empty F1 2012 Video Game

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

No one else will see it in Gamepad section so put it here

The game will feature all twelve teams and twenty-four drivers competing in the 2012 season, as well as the twenty circuits — including the brand new Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas — included in the championship.

The game will also feature a brand-new "Young Driver Test" mode,[2][3] a tutorial mode designed to introduce new players to the handling characteristics of Formula One cars as a prologue to the career mode. As a demonstration, Codemasters approached several drivers — including Mercedes test driver Sam Bird[4] and GP2 Series driver Stefano Coletti[5] — at the real-life Young Driver Tests (for drivers who have never started a Grand Prix) in Abu Dhabi in November 2011, and asked them to drive the Yas Marina Circuit in F1 2011 instead of using the team simulators they would traditionally use to learn the circuit.[3] All of the drivers who played the game reported that the game was realistic enough for them to learn the circuit to the point where they were confident enough to set competitive lap times.

F1 2012 will feature a new "Champions Mode", in which the six World Champions competing in the 2012 season — Kimi Räikkönen, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher — will be styled after traditional end-of-level video gaming bosses, with the player challenged to beat them while racing in conditions that are known to suit them.

Anyone else buying the game it's out on friday about as close to racing can get really F1 2012 Video Game  3559488474

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

F1 2012 Video Game  Empty Re: F1 2012 Video Game

Post by Critical_mass Mon 17 Sep 2012, 1:12 pm

Ill be getting it, not on friday though. Will have to wait awhile before i can get it.

I'll be getting it on the PS3.

Maybe we can start something off on here, like a league or just a night with some 606 members having a few races on it without the league.

Hope they've improved the AI and difficulty levels, either it was way too easy - winning in a back marker or too hard - being unable to keep up in a mclaren. No balance.

My gripe with it is at least with those vids, the cars look fine, but the track doesnt look very polished.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

Ive pre-ordered mine mainly cos i like racing games unfortunately ill be on the Xbox F1 2012 Video Game  3559488474

Been playing the demo and it's alot harder then last year had it on hard and was 0.1 off pole but they got away during the race and their's going to be a level up from that Erm

Also them Video's were mid production has been vastly improved since apparently thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 17 Sep 2012, 2:57 pm

I love racing games but unfortunately my cash has got to go towards boring things Laugh

I will get it as soon as poss though. Shame youre on xbox.

Ah least they sound like they've done something about the difficulty levels... i'll find out when i play it whether its better or not.

You playing with a wheel or a pad? if not with a wheel, then i highly recommend one, i dont play racing games using anything other than the wheel now, so much better.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Sep 2012, 3:03 pm

Unlucky Laugh

Yeah i don't mind though in a racing league came 2nd last year got pipped in Brazil finished 5th needed 4th Sad

I play with my pad cos i can't stand my wheel it's awful find it much easier on pad OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 17 Sep 2012, 3:11 pm

It is tiring using a wheel to be honest, doing 50 laps on a wheel does take its toll Laugh but it is alot more accurate and realistic.. suppose there's pros and cons of both. Plus is a ball ache getting the wheel out and setting it up :-/

What wheel you got?

Ive got the logitech Driving force gt - nothing too special compared to the higher end logitechs, but its a damn good bit of kit for <£100

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 17 Sep 2012, 3:11 pm

I like the F1 games, but they aren't varied enough for me to spend the kind of cash they cost.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Sep 2012, 3:58 pm

Critical_mass wrote:It is tiring using a wheel to be honest, doing 50 laps on a wheel does take its toll Laugh but it is alot more accurate and realistic.. suppose there's pros and cons of both. Plus is a ball ache getting the wheel out and setting it up :-/

What wheel you got?

Ive got the logitech Driving force gt - nothing too special compared to the higher end logitechs, but its a damn good bit of kit for <£100

I have the Ferrari 458 wheel cost £45 explains why it sucks furious

im quite content with my pad just looking forward to having a go at the game now F1 2012 Video Game  3559488474

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by harryspiv Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:07 pm

I'm game for a 606v2 league although will have to be Ps3 and I don't yet have the game need to wait a little Sad .

harryspiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:23 pm

Trust me Fern - if you can find a driving force gt wheel, its superb esp for the price.

Decided i will be getting this tonight so Harry i'll send you my PSN ID.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Mon 24 Sep 2012, 8:40 pm

Loved the F1 2011 game - use a logitech G27 wheel which has great shift paddles and force feedback - so really get submerged in driving the car. Tried the game pad before the wheel but was totally useless with it.

Will probably wait till xmas for 2012 as it gives the missus something to buy. A couple of questions for those that have it - is there any additional set up options? 2009 (WII only) had tyre pressures and 2010 had ballast control - both were dropped in 2011. Also found that correcting oversteer was simply to hit the brakes - is that still the case? Do the cars feel any different to drive?

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Mon 24 Sep 2012, 8:41 pm

Loved the F1 2011 game - use a logitech G27 wheel which has great shift paddles and force feedback - so really get submerged in driving the car. Tried the game pad before the wheel but was totally useless with it.

Will probably wait till xmas for 2012 as it gives the missus something to buy. A couple of questions for those that have it - is there any additional set up options? 2009 (WII only) had tyre pressures and 2010 had ballast control - both were dropped in 2011. Also found that correcting oversteer was simply to hit the brakes - is that still the case? Do the cars feel any different to drive?

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:44 pm

Well played it started the young driver test and it was ok. Car feels different to 2010 (last one i played), not for the worst though.

Done a quick race and also time trail. Have to say it is hard and will take some getting used to. Sorry Steve not done anything that allows me to look into set up.

Tried is with manual gears too and i now appreciate how many things drivers have to do in the car - not including changing settings on the car. But its difficult to do the gears, kers AND DRS. I know it'll eventually come second nature but at the moment it seems like thats a fair distance off.

Gone back to automatic gears for now until i get used to it.

So far, first impressions are good. Cars look good, track looks ok. But a little sparce and not much going on off track. Though if it keeps the frame rate up then its good i suppose.

Speaking of which, frame rate. Doesnt drop in places so far.. which is good, the frame rate is great, which adds to the smoothness. This is on PS3 btw.

Looking forward to another blast.

My PSN name is Critical_mass88

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:49 pm

I'm thinking of getting the game, I had F1 2010 on Xbox360. Are the graphics really improved, I heard it looks slightly arcade looking and the tracks don't really look that great, is that true or not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:03 pm

hmmm only played spa, hockenheim and abu dabi so far and they look ok. But Spa especially looks a little cartoony. But not too bad.

Going to borrow f1 2011 off my cousin to see a comparison.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:54 pm

what I also liked about 2011 is that cars felt and sounded different. The slower cars were more raw and noisey whilst the high end cars were smooth and more responsive so you really felt the progress in career mode. I'm guessing F2012 carries that on.

The safety car also brought a bit of realism to proceedings whereby if you were doing a long race and had an early 'incident' (nearly every time for me in the wet!!) there was still the chance of getting back into the race - before the SC it was nigh on impossible on the more difficult levels.

Also - for anyone that uses the F1 game as a sim then you might want to try Gran Turismo 5 - probably the ultimate driving sim where you race all kinds of cars around the world - from the city streets of Rome and Madrid to the classic tracks of the old Nurburgring and Monza. All great stuff. thumbsup

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 26 Sep 2012, 10:59 pm

Agree on the GT5 front. V good game, very realistic.

A few things ive noticed tonight. Firstly with the AI on Prof or higher, even in a Force India, its still damn hard to keep up and found myself being caught and overtaken a bit too easily.

Also the nice thing i noticed was the loss of downforce when going round the corner whilst in the dirty air of the car infront. Which i think is a really nice touch.

Ive found that even the slightest of touch of another car, causing it to spin or go off track will see you with a drive thru penalty. :-/

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:41 pm

Critical_mass wrote:Ive found that even the slightest of touch of another car, causing it to spin or go off track will see you with a drive thru penalty. :-/
One of my biggest bugbears of 2011 was that the AIs were almost bullet proof. Going wheel to wheel into a corner was like going in with a Sherman tank - always being spun or driven off the track - and always got any kind of resulting penalty regardless of being on the receiving end. Sounds like they've reversed it for 2012 - maybe a little too much. You could try 'relaxed penalties' option assuming it still exists.

One other thing i was wondering was if manual pitstop control had been re-instated. This involves retaining control of the car during a pitstop which means controlling speed by pressing a limiter button (a penalty if broken) and stopping correctly in the box (for a faster stop). It existed in 2010 but was removed in 2011 even though the option still existed in the menu the game took total control of the car regardless, which was a bit confusing.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:37 am

SteveG wrote:
Critical_mass wrote:Ive found that even the slightest of touch of another car, causing it to spin or go off track will see you with a drive thru penalty. :-/
One of my biggest bugbears of 2011 was that the AIs were almost bullet proof. Going wheel to wheel into a corner was like going in with a Sherman tank - always being spun or driven off the track - and always got any kind of resulting penalty regardless of being on the receiving end. Sounds like they've reversed it for 2012 - maybe a little too much. You could try 'relaxed penalties' option assuming it still exists.

One other thing i was wondering was if manual pitstop control had been re-instated. This involves retaining control of the car during a pitstop which means controlling speed by pressing a limiter button (a penalty if broken) and stopping correctly in the box (for a faster stop). It existed in 2010 but was removed in 2011 even though the option still existed in the menu the game took total control of the car regardless, which was a bit confusing.

Well ill continue to keep an eye on the penalty thing but from what ive experienced the other car does go off track, its not a tank. Its just the actual penalty thats a bit annoying - ive got full penalties on i'll try with reduced pens.

As for pitstops, ive got these on manual, but see no difference. The as soon as you cross the speed limit line in the pits the comp takes control. Even driving into the pit box i think and leaving. Hmm more testing required.

Steve, what your PSN?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Thu 27 Sep 2012, 12:29 pm

Sounds like manual pitstops are now a thing of the past.

TBH I only ever play the game off line in career mode. Recent reviews indicate that it is much improved for online racing so will be taking a look when finally get my hands on 2012.

The only problem is I'm currently working away from home so never get a chance to play anymore (used to do a full race weekend in sync with the real F1 and still stuck at Valencia!!). Will let you know when eventually get set up. 606v2 racing sounds like a good idea.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down