The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Hatton need help??? not the ring..

+3
jimdig
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
7 posters

Go down

Does Hatton need help??? not the ring.. Empty Does Hatton need help??? not the ring..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:23 pm

I don't think his whole comeback thing has anthing to do with wanting to box again.....I think It's because he can't function as "normal" Ricky Hatton.....

Hatton always had a tendency to talk in the third person about himself which lends credence to the argument he sees himself as a brand....

When a brand becomes extinct then it leaves the owner with the task of finding who he is......much easier for someone with self esteem and self confidence.....Other fighters have had this problem adjusting from the spotlight to the street light...Ali, Jones jr, Holy all have it or had it!!!

They need the praise of others to gain esteem.......Deep down they self-loathe and are scared of the inner self...

What these fighters need is another purpose to pursue... If they are busy they don't have to worry about real-life...and It's no surprise Hatton's contract with Sky going and his subsequent decision to return coincide!!!

Great Competitors need a challenge...life is too mundane......what is more disturbing is that his Wife and children don't seem to be enough to dissuade him or his Dad's outburst....

Also disturbing is that another title isn't going to change this......

Hatton is a good guy but his biggest problem isn't WBC, WBA, IBF or Paulie.......it's himself and I think he needs help!!

Before he blows it..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because i'm sexy)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Does Hatton need help??? not the ring.. Empty Re: Does Hatton need help??? not the ring..

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:37 pm

I think he was honest about his reasons TRUSS. He explained his life turned to mush after being sparked by Pac. His bird left him, his promotional company folded, and his lime light has all but gone.

He wakes up 1 morning as just Ricky Hatton not world champ, much loved Hatton. Fame brought him a new house, car, respect and a bird who was well out of his league.

What I did not like is that he blamed Cortez for the schooling he got from Mayweather and he blamed Mayweather sr for the loss to Pac. I will quote a Stevie Wonder classic.

Ahem

I'll blame it on the sun
the sun that did'nt shine
I'll blame it on the birds and the trees
but my heart blames it on meeeeeeeeeee.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Does Hatton need help??? not the ring.. Empty Re: Does Hatton need help??? not the ring..

Post by jimdig Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:43 pm

Holy and Roy stayed to late for the money, much like many a boxer before them that fought too long due to being broke/IRS. Ali is the adulation case, I think that is a different case. I think Ricky has invented a completely new case, he's come back for the sake of his promotional company.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:53 pm

They were scared to of a life outside boxing....

It's like Men who have been in the forces committing suicide....

Without the regime and the daily grind they can't adjust to real life...

Even harder for those who self-actualise like Hatton..

Hatton had the biggest following of any fighter I've seen from this Country and he also overachieved...........

Only Hatton knows what it's like to reach those heights so he's got nobody to relate to.....

His career gives him his esteem.....he lives through Being Hitman Hatton!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:02 pm

Very true which is my point.

Calzaghe apart from his hoovering problem has done well since retiring. He is good looking, has a fine bird and good family support.

Hatton struggled with drink and drugs, not good looking, his bird left him, his dad tries to beat him up in car park.

BTW

Was Hatton's old man his first come back fight???

was it on PPV I missed it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:04 pm

So if you're not good looking....your screwed!!

well....say no more!! Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:06 pm

Apparently Hatton's dad had the presence of mind to fight southpaw...

Hence the arrest for assault..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:06 pm

It think Hatton is openly saying he can't leave it behind and nothing is filling the void left by his former career. I think this is both incredibly good - in the sense that he knows exatly what is missing from his lif eand why, and terrible, because he is STILL coming back when he shouldn't. He can't let go. If he fought ten average fighters who couldn't hurt him then it might not matter that much, but he'll go in with someone live sooner or later, and that equals doom

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:09 pm

Fact is he has to fight his problem in the end...

and the longer he puts it off... knowingly hurting his family in the meantime....the more depressed and isolated he'll feel..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:09 pm

You make a good overall point jokes aside.

Fighters like Holy, Hatton may be missing the love and adulation they had in their careers that they may not have received in their personal lives.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:12 pm

I've been missing love and adulation for over twenty years....

But I'm still the same witty, intelligent whole hearted beefster!! Cool

I guess they lost the mould after I was made on the 8th day!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:20 pm

We'll put it to Hatton that he reads Thus Spoke Zarathustra so he can find the answers.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I've been missing love and adulation for over twenty years....

But I'm still the same witty, intelligent whole hearted beefster!! Cool

I guess they lost the mould after I was made on the 8th day!! Wink

You are the exception TRUSS.

Its not fair comparing us mere mortals to yourself .

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:22 pm

I suggest like me he tries to spell it before reading it!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:25 pm

It is fair tonight, onetwo!!

I'm posting in "mortal guise" at the moment..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:25 pm

I'm just not convinced he's missing the buzz, or has unfinished business. Why leave it 3 years when it coincides with the sky contract loss. I understand that there would be a gap there, calzaghe used it as his excuse after getting caught too, but 3 years is a long time to get used to it, and Hatton is no sugar ray. Maybe your right, the 3rd party nonsense always conflicted with his man of the people image.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:39 pm

Had a very interesting chat with a superstar of another sport this evening. Terrified of the end but plans in place away from the sport. Sometimes staying involved may be an error. Unfortunately Hatton probably doesn't appreciate there's a world other than boxing.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:22 pm

If you don't know anything else then most have to stay involved!!

It's about compartmentalising your life......

some find it easier than others...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If you don't know anything else then most have to stay involved!!

It's about compartmentalising your life......

some find it easier than others...

I think you need to be able to appreciate the simple things in life. Things that money can't buy. First cut grass in spring, first bonfire in autumn........

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:40 pm

Agreed...you have to learn how to switch off as well as on!!! thumbsup

Always been good at switching off when my rottweiler is telling me about her day!!!! warning

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:34 pm

Don't think we're covering any new ground with this amatuer psychology. It's fairly well documented that many sportsmen, like others who have been institutionalised to a specific regime since an early age (soldiers, prisoners etc) struggle to adapt when they have to leave that life behind. Apart from anything else early 30's is too young for any man to retire. There's the routine, the safety, the comradeship. Life outside it is a lonely and confusing place. In the case of guys like Hatton there is also the appreciation & adulation that cannot be replaced. Some adjust well, some don't.

On the surface hatton has everything in place to adjust - good family support, business interests, wealth. Clearly it's not enough. Like others I think the problems with his promo company have ignited this - if he could've made more of a go of it he'd have stayed retired, it's faltering has given him the reason he may have been subconsciously looking for to lace em up again. But him coming back isn't that outrageous - he's 33 not 43, was only ever beaten by the best and has said that if his tune up fight doesn't feel good he'll give up the ghost. He seems to be going about it in the right way, I'd rather he didn't do it at all but if he's gonna then I hope he proves a few doubters wrong.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jab to An MD Tue 18 Sep 2012, 1:15 am

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Don't think we're covering any new ground with this amatuer psychology. It's fairly well documented that many sportsmen, like others who have been institutionalised to a specific regime since an early age (soldiers, prisoners etc) struggle to adapt when they have to leave that life behind. Apart from anything else early 30's is too young for any man to retire. There's the routine, the safety, the comradeship. Life outside it is a lonely and confusing place. In the case of guys like Hatton there is also the appreciation & adulation that cannot be replaced. Some adjust well, some don't.

On the surface hatton has everything in place to adjust - good family support, business interests, wealth. Clearly it's not enough. Like others I think the problems with his promo company have ignited this - if he could've made more of a go of it he'd have stayed retired, it's faltering has given him the reason he may have been subconsciously looking for to lace em up again. But him coming back isn't that outrageous - he's 33 not 43, was only ever beaten by the best and has said that if his tune up fight doesn't feel good he'll give up the ghost. He seems to be going about it in the right way, I'd rather he didn't do it at all but if he's gonna then I hope he proves a few doubters wrong.

I think Hattons Problem is his inability to see his own flaws, he thought he was winning the second round against Pac FFS and beleived Cortez was to blame for the PBF loss. So even if his comeback doesnt go well, he will convince himself of some excuse before putting himself in with somebody who can seriously hurt him. However i do beleieve he looks better than he did in the last few years of his career, the rest may do him good and i wish him well.

Jab to An MD

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:52 pm

"amatuer psychology....."

learn to spell...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 18 Sep 2012, 9:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"amatuer psychology....."

learn to spell...

Typo's. The last refuge of the desperate man.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

You felt the need to respond...

and I knew you would....

sensitive boy sweetie... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 9:49 pm

TumblingDice wrote:We'll put it to Hatton that he reads Thus Spoke Zarathustra so he can find the answers.
He has and "Lets Get Ready to Rumble" didst spake Zarathustra boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 9:57 pm

One concern regarding Hatton when he was fighting was his tendency to blow up in weight between fights. Obviously that was not good on the body. At the time it was said that this was his way of relaxing and there wouldn't be any problems preparing for and making the weight for his next fight. However, I recently read that this might have been due to depression and him taking drugs and letting himself "go" between fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 18 Sep 2012, 10:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You felt the need to respond...

and I knew you would....

sensitive boy sweetie... Cool

Can't leave your ego unchecked for too long Truss, you might start to labour under the misapprehension that you're better than me.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Sep 2012, 7:51 pm

"You might start to Labour......"

Started as soon as I realised my Father-in-law was a Tory!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down