The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd Mayweather to retire?

+7
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
manos de piedra
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Sugar Boy Sweetie
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
School Project
All Time Great
11 posters

Go down

Floyd Mayweather to retire? Empty Floyd Mayweather to retire?

Post by All Time Great Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 am

I appreciate he's been supposedly retired in the past. But recent comments made by FMJ post doing time seem to suggest that he's not considering getting back in the gym in the near future. Apparently all he did whilst doing time was around 500 - 1000 press ups a day and was resistant to consuming the food given in prison.

For someone of FMJ's nature who is a total gym rat this would arguably take a considerable toll on his body at the age of 35. In his latest interview he believes he dropped to 135lbs whilst doing time, whereas he usually walks around at 150lbs. For an athlete, this is considerable regression of muscle mass.

So could this be the end of FMJ's illustrious career?

Link to article:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13218.html

Last edited by All Time Great on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather to retire? Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather to retire?

Post by School Project Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:58 am

If true, it wouldn't do him any favors (only he knows if his body is tuned enough). Floyd is always in shape and if he lost about 10 pounds of muscle it wouldn't take him too long to put it back on... But I heard he never took to taking his run outside and his cardio may have suffered.

The biggest effect it'll have is his mental game. If he has felt in his peak for 20 years and this is the first time he doubts his fitness then it may be then end.

I'd like to see the interview you talked about though mate.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:25 pm

School Project wrote:If true, it wouldn't do him any favors (only he knows if his body is tuned enough). Floyd is always in shape and if he lost about 10 pounds of muscle it wouldn't take him too long to put it back on... But I heard he never took to taking his run outside and his cardio may have suffered.

The biggest effect it'll have is his mental game. If he has felt in his peak for 20 years and this is the first time he doubts his fitness then it may be then end.

Here it is: http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13218.html

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Sounds like yet another excuse to drum up interest in a megabucks fight. Maybe he's trying to convince Hatton he's there for the taking!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Weight loss happens to loads of people when they o into jail and they normally find it easy enough to regain the muscle

He dropped to 135lbs but if he goes from 1hour a day of yard time 5 days a week to getting into the gym for a couple hours everyday he will put on the weight easily enough. He's going from eating generally nothing to a healthy and big diet

If he's lost his hunger than retirement could be an option but don't really feel that it is too much a deal, especially given his ring return if he has one will be march time

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:50 pm

I don't really buy it. So he couldn't train in prison and dropped a few pounds, he was only in 90 days - not exactly career ending hard time. This kind of talk is probably being put out to give a bit of an angle to his next fight - the whole 'will floyd be the same after jail' hype. He's a consumate athlete and has probably been training like demon and eating like a lord everyday since he's been out. He'll be back.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:45 pm

He looked alright to me when he was posing for that photo when he got out.

Actually looked in great shape, so muscley......oh yeah, uhhhh so hot........oh yea
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:08 am

Shouldnt make any differance at all if he trains properly for another fight in 6 months time or whenever. He was in jail for 2 months total. Not much longer than a fight camp these days.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:24 am

All Time Great wrote:
School Project wrote:If true, it wouldn't do him any favors (only he knows if his body is tuned enough). Floyd is always in shape and if he lost about 10 pounds of muscle it wouldn't take him too long to put it back on... But I heard he never took to taking his run outside and his cardio may have suffered.

Here it is: http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13218.html

What a load of horse manure. If he's such a health food nut and doesn't eat crap, it must have been someone else stuffing their big mouth with MacDonalds at 2am in the run up to the Cotto fight?

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:30 am

Pictures of him immediately after his release showed a more muscular guy with more hair. He looked bigger. Perhaps he misses the shower time.

He'll be back. He craves the spotlight and will take on Pac of Canelo and beat them both relatively easily.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:29 am

Just cooking up a back up excuse as he knows he is ageing... I Personally think the guy is full of you know what.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 pm

It was mentioned the other day what had happened to the lawsuit filed by Pac. Looks like it has been settled out of court.

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-mayweathers-statement-on-pacquiao-settlement--57522

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:07 pm

I think he should retire if im honest. Go out on top as P4P number 1 and IMO the fighter of the past decade.

Retire undefeated as a 5 weight "GENUINE" world champion.

Nobody comes close to the skill and talent Mayweather has shown over the past 15 or so years.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down