The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Tigers vs Exeter Chiefs - build-up, teams & live match-day thread

+10
Manu's Boxing Coach
formerly known as Sam
Poorfour
Dubbelyew L Overate
Eustace H Plimsoll
Jimpy
Kingshu
AlastairW
LondonTiger
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
14 posters

Go down

Leicester Tigers vs Exeter Chiefs - build-up, teams & live match-day thread Empty Leicester Tigers vs Exeter Chiefs - build-up, teams & live match-day thread

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:38 pm

This weekend sees the Chiefs head to Welford Road for the second of our brutal run of fixtures (Saracens at home down, this one, Quins at home, Leinster away and Clermont at home still to come). The good news from this week comes in several parts:
Chief The cited James Hanks was found not guilty of having his hands near Steve Borthwick's eyes
Chief Aussie Dean Mumm came thru his first game in Exe colours, part of the Braves demolition of London Welsh A (why could the seniors not have replicated that scoreline?!)
Chief A couple of valuable players look close to coming back from injury, notably Jasoon Shoemark, Tom Johnson, and Neil Clarke

But the injury list remains worryingly long, with James Phillips the latest Exe player to limp from the game to join the likes of Hoani Tui, Craig Mitchell, Josh Tatupu et al on the physio's table. Hopefully they won't be missed too much tho and that this year's foray to Welford Road will prove as productive as last season's

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Leicester Tigers vs Exeter Chiefs - build-up, teams & live match-day thread Empty Re: Leicester Tigers vs Exeter Chiefs - build-up, teams & live match-day thread

Post by LondonTiger Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:16 am

Exeter managed something no other club acheived last season, including Quins, Sarries, Clermont and Ulster when they won both matches. Tigers will hopefully be desperate to stop that happening this season.
Who knows should Exeter kick off we may even be able to catch the ball this time.

Expect to see more squad rotation, especially in the front row where Mulipola and Cole will come in. Sadly neither Youngs nor Young are in conbtention - so Harrison starts. His passing has been erratic and laboured, constantly putting Flood on the back foot. We got away with it against Worcester and London Welsh, but against flying defences like Sarries and Quins it puts a mocker on any attempt to play a flat game.

Tigers have shown that they are not as good as I hoped they would be this season - Saturday will show if they are as bad as I fear. Exeter are a decent side but if you have any aspiration for the playoffs you have to be winning the home fixture against them.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Leicester Tigers vs Exeter Chiefs - build-up, teams & live match-day thread Empty Re: Leicester Tigers vs Exeter Chiefs - build-up, teams & live match-day thread

Post by AlastairW Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:11 am

LondonTiger wrote:Tigers have shown that they are not as good as I hoped they would be this season

Didn't Tigers have a bit of an off start to last season as well LT? Look what happened in the latter half of 11/12. I don't think you've got anything to worry about yet.

I am looking forward to this match, i think the lose to OW was just what The Chiefs needed to kick start themselves for this run of hard games they have coming up and it should be a belter!

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:18 am

Thing is Al while the start last season was disappointing it was understandable. I think at peak we were missing 21 players due to RWC or injuries.

this season we just have the usual amount of injuries you would expect, and the performances have not been good enough. Against LW we looked rusty. Againts Worcester we showed more attacking intent and running rugby than I have seen from Tigers since the days of Cusworth, Dodge, Woodward etc. The Wembley match was a sterile affair and quins were a step above us in class.

Before the season started I really felt we had a chance to make serious progress in the HC. I just hope the team can start playing to the level I thought they were capable of.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:29 am

Maybe the start hasn't been top draw for Tigers, but with the amount of talent you guys have, i think the ship will right itself.

No teams have full playing form all season round. Quins last season had a sprint out the gate, slumped mid-season, and just about re-gained ground by the end of the season - Almost the polar opposite to Tigers. Who gained momentum and by the end of the season where mowing down all and and sundry!

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 am

Intrested to know what Exeter fans have thought of Whitten so far this season.

As an Ulster fan I was sad to see him leave, but at the time he was about 5th choice center with some younger propects coming through, so needed gametime. Though he would maybe have been better moving to Munster instead of Downey, (rate Whitten just as good but younger).

Played last season on wing at times for Ulster and did a decent job there as well.

So have yous been pleased with him as Ulster fans expected you to be?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:38 am

LondonTiger wrote:Thing is Al while the start last season was disappointing it was understandable. I think at peak we were missing 21 players due to RWC or injuries.

this season we just have the usual amount of injuries you would expect

But they are injuries to key players, of course its going to have an effect.

and the performances have not been good enough. Against LW we looked rusty.

The first match of the season, so understandable, were Tigers the only team that looked rusty? Er, no.

Againts Worcester we showed more attacking intent and running rugby than I have seen from Tigers since the days of Cusworth, Dodge, Woodward etc.

So what's your problem?

The Wembley match was a sterile affair

Are matches against Saracens ever classics? They play a sterile game, and they're effective, it was always going to be tight, recent history between the two teams suggests low try scoring, lowish scores - i'm not sure what you expected.

and quins were a step above us in class.

They've been a class above everybody else so far, and they played their best against Tigers. I'm not sure why you're complaining.

Before the season started I really felt we had a chance to make serious progress in the HC. I just hope the team can start playing to the level I thought they were capable of.

Seriously, have you thought about anti-depressants?

Sure Tigers have issues in some areas but your level of pessimism is over the top in my opinion.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eustace H Plimsoll Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:06 am

Expect to see more squad rotation, especially in the front row where Mulipola and Cole will come in. Sadly neither Youngs nor Young are in conbtention - so Harrison starts. His passing has been erratic and laboured, constantly putting Flood on the back foot. We got away with it against Worcester and London Welsh, but against flying defences like Sarries and Quins it puts a mocker on any attempt to play a flat game.

I've seen a number of people say this about Harrison, but I don't agree. His accuracy and pace of passing is really good. He's certainly better in that regard than Ben Youngs – Flood is always having to pick his passes off his bootlaces.

At the moment I think his problem is that he's a bit one-dimensional. We saw in the second half against quins that if he offers more of a running threat it creates uncertainty in the oppo defence and makes our whole attack more dangerous.

But i don't think he's helped in this regard in that our players seem to stand further away from him and much deeper than they do when Ben Youngs is playing – possibly because they know he can whip out long, accurate passes. If he had closer support he could threaten to run, knowing that if the defence closes up in front of him he can pop the ball up for Flood, or for a forward coming around the corner. That's what Ben Youngs does, and it was a key component of our attack last season. It's very hard to defend against. Hopefully as the team get more used to the Harrison-Flood combo we'll see that part of our game more.

Eustace H Plimsoll

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:09 am

Jimpy,

The intent was there against Worcester, the execution was not. that has been a running theme throughout the season so far.

against anything other than a top notch defence we will do well. against good teams I do not think we are quite good enough - but we will see.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:10 am

Kingshu wrote:Intrested to know what Exeter fans have thought of Whitten so far this season.

As an Ulster fan I was sad to see him leave, but at the time he was about 5th choice center with some younger propects coming through, so needed gametime. Though he would maybe have been better moving to Munster instead of Downey, (rate Whitten just as good but younger).

Played last season on wing at times for Ulster and did a decent job there as well.

He's done well, solid rather than spectacular, but had one particularly good run from wing against Welsh that led to the first try. Exe's backline has been disrupted by injury, so he's had to adapt, but he's played his part in the ambition to play a high tempo, offloading game. He'll still be learning about his team-mates strengths and weaknesses, as they'll be learning about him - can only get better.

It's probable that he got the shirt through injury, and, with a fully fit and available backline, he may not get a start, or even bench. How often does any team have a fully fit squad, though? However, at the moment, he's a starter and it's up to the returning injured players to displace him. If they don't, I'll be delighted.

Judging from some tweets, he's also played a prominent part in post-match activities on the bus home, so looks to have fitted in well.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:11 am

Kingshu wrote:Intrested to know what Exeter fans have thought of Whitten so far this season.

Kingshu, overall yes, very pleased with Ian, he seems to have slotted in very well. In the pre-season friendlies and first proper game of the season, he seemed to have found a connection in the centre with Jason Shoemark, with the pair of them making things happen for the back three. Unfortunately Shoey picked up a knock, so the partnership has been disrupted, and he's had two different ICs alongside him now (Dollman and Naqelevuki) both with very different styles of play/game plans, plus he moved out to the wing in one game. So I would say a very promising start, he's easily within top 3 centres at Exe, and it'll be a case of horses for courses I suspect as we look to alter our game according to the oppo Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:13 am

Eustace H Plimsoll wrote:I've seen a number of people say this about Harrison, but I don't agree.

Based on last season I would have agreed. Looking at the 40minutes he got against Nottingham and when he came off the bench against LW Mickey Young was vastly better at getting the ball out to the stand off quickly. Harrison by comparison was extremely slow. His accuracy against Sarries and Quins was poor. What may not help him is that flood constantly changes where he is standing - and may not communicate this well to him.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Eustace H Plimsoll Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:28 am

Based on last season I would have agreed. Looking at the 40minutes he got against Nottingham and when he came off the bench against LW Mickey Young was vastly better at getting the ball out to the stand off quickly. Harrison by comparison was extremely slow. His accuracy against Sarries and Quins was poor. What may not help him is that flood constantly changes where he is standing - and may not communicate this well to him.

He can be a bit too hesitant, I agree. And I think he needs to be more chippy and aggressive, to boss the game more. Look at Dickson at Northampton – he's not blessed with the sort of pace and sniping ability that Youngs is but he still threatens around the ruck and keeps the pace of the game up. I'd like to see Harrison develop into Dickson, but with a better pass.

With regards to his accuracy we'll just have to agree to disagree, I suppose! I've seen all his games this season and think he's very good in that area.

Eustace H Plimsoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:31 am

AlastairW wrote:Maybe the start hasn't been top draw for Tigers, but with the amount of talent you guys have, i think the ship will right itself.

No teams have full playing form all season round. Quins last season had a sprint out the gate, slumped mid-season, and just about re-gained ground by the end of the season - Almost the polar opposite to Tigers. Who gained momentum and by the end of the season where mowing down all and and sundry!

Tigers traditionally have a slow start to the season, but I was a bit shocked by how off the pace they seemed in the game against Quins. I'm sure that they'll finish the season strongly but they will need to sharpen up their gameplan and find a way to compete with the faster sides.

Quins, by contrast, have a game that suits warm weather and firm pitches much better than it does freezing air or muddy swamps, and for as long as I've followed them have had a January-February dip in form. The big difference last year is that, with hindsight, I think it was planned. I think the coaches were deliberately toning down the intensity to save players for the end of season. If so, it was a very smart call.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:47 am

LondonTiger wrote:Jimpy,

The intent was there against Worcester, the execution was not. that has been a running theme throughout the season so far.

against anything other than a top notch defence we will do well. against good teams I do not think we are quite good enough - but we will see.

Well, that's stating the rather obvious - Tigers will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

The real worry is that Tigers have stagnated for the last 2 or 3 seasons and do not appear to have a plan to move themselves on. They are not 'as bad as you fear' but clearly, they could be better, that should be of more concern.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Slater, Bowden and Manu all set to be fit for the game this weekend. Tait and Forsyth are set for come backs in Mondays A league game with Louis Deacon and Ben Youngs in line for the squad against Sale next Friday.

I'm hoping for this team against Exeter:

Mulipola, T Youngs, Cole
Slater, Kitchener
Mafi, Crane, Salvi
Harrison, Flood
Bowden, Manu
Thompstone, Morris, Goneva

Subs: Stanko, Chuter, Castro, Parling, Waldrom, Phibbs, Ford, Smith.

Sweeping changes but a couple of players need a kick up the backside, Hamilton is unlucky to lose out. Harrison seems to grow into games as he gets used to the speed, I'd persevere with him as he has a good skill set and just faced the two most agressive/offside defences in the league.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:59 am

The thought of Morris af FB scares me a little, and Hamilton has been playing well. Mafi looked seriously hurt last week - so wonder if he will be fit.

Against Worcester, Phibbs came on as a blood replacement and had much more authority. Not wanting him to start, but that is something Harrison needs to learn - he has to shout at the pack.

Finally if you have Slater and Kitchener, would it make more sense to start with the more experienced hooker?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:55 am

Finally if you have Slater and Kitchener, would it make more sense to start with the more experienced hooker?

Doubt it will matter we had our experienced lineout operator and experienced hooker on in the second half last week and still had a dodgey lineout.

The thought of Morris af FB scares me a little, and Hamilton has been playing well. Mafi looked seriously hurt last week - so wonder if he will be fit.

If Mafi isn't fit then Waldrom can start at 6. Morris would hopefully give us some more attacking threat from deep though I understand your concerns (I share them) the limp attacking options from the back three last weekend need to be addressed.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:13 am

I thought chuter was only on briefly as a blood replacement?

Reading an interview with Kitchener, looks like Slater may not be quite ready.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Poorfour wrote:
AlastairW wrote:Maybe the start hasn't been top draw for Tigers, but with the amount of talent you guys have, i think the ship will right itself.

Tigers traditionally have a slow start to the season, but I was a bit shocked by how off the pace they seemed in the game against Quins. I'm sure that they'll finish the season strongly but they will need to sharpen up their gameplan and find a way to compete with the faster sides.

Quins, by contrast, have a game that suits warm weather and firm pitches much better than it does freezing air or muddy swamps, and for as long as I've followed them have had a January-February dip in form. The big difference last year is that, with hindsight, I think it was planned. I think the coaches were deliberately toning down the intensity to save players for the end of season. If so, it was a very smart call.

Very good point poorfour, and maybe that's something that COS needs to address. Playing the running game never garners as many results when playing on a soggy pitch! I have noticed that the academy guys are getting good run outs though - so when country calls i think we'll have plenty of players chewing at the bit to have first team action, so that might well curb the dip a little.

Edit: Total thread hi-jack, anyways back on topic .... i hear Devon's nice this time of year Whistle

AlastairW

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Reading an interview with Kitchener, looks like Slater may not be quite ready.

They were talking about it as a certainty on the radio the other night, though only briefly. I hope he is good to go as his luck has been terrible and we could use his grunt and aggression in the engine room. Maybe he'll be in the A league game on Monday so as to get some match practice (I think I might actually go to the game on Monday).

Chuter was on for 5 to 10 mins whilst Youngs had his bleeding head seen to.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Oh aye, AlW, particularly nice if you own a canoe!

Not much by way of injury update - Tui is apparently weeks rather than months from a possible return, so I think we'll see an unchanged front row. Hanks had his citing rejected, and I doubt Dean Mumm will be catapulted in, so usual suspects for the boiler room. TJ should have recovered for the backrow, but the damage to James Phillips' knee is still uncertain, so am expecting Ben White to take his place in the XXIII. At half-back, I believe that Haydn Thoas has shaken off his head knock, and I suspect will be supported by young Will Chudley who as come on leaps and bounds since arriving from Falcons, with Mieres, and Steeno in reserve, at 10. Not sure tat Shoemark is ready to reappear, so assume it will be Naqer at 12 with Ian Whitten outside him, wings of Matt Jess and ? ( probably Phil Dollman), with Luke Skywalker Arscott at fullback

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 pm

For a loosehead, Carl Rimmer's done pretty well at tighthead in the last game and a half, but Saturday will be a big challenge. Mulipola/Stankovich are sterner tests than Vunipola/Gill in my estimation.

Alex Brown came through 50 minutes of A game on Monday after injury, so he'll be looking to push Budgie for the TH bench spot. No idea if he's ready for the step up, but he anchored a decent Donny scrum last year.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Stanko ability as a scrummager has always been over-rated by Sky commentators - and since his shoulder injury is struggling a little.

However it should be Mulipola starting and he is a beast.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu's Boxing Coach Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:34 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Stanko ability as a scrummager has always been over-rated by Sky commentators - and since his shoulder injury is struggling a little.

However it should be Mulipola starting and he is a beast.

To be fair Ben Kay has been the greatest proclaimer of stanko's talent as a scrummager and he had played with him for a good few years. But I have to agree that the rest of his game isnt good enough to put him in front of Mulipola

Manu's Boxing Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Stanko was a brilliant technical scrumager until his shoulder injury, he is slowly getting back but I think he will be overtaken and released in the next year or two.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:01 pm

I have never seen him scrummage particularly effectively, and have always felt the scrum looked weaker when he came on. The only people who really know though are those who scrum opposite him.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:18 am

Chiefs team out in 45mins. Will update if i'm still alive.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 am

As promised:
CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE LEICESTER TIGERS

15 Luke Arscott
14 Ian Whitten
13 Sireli Naqelevuki
12 Jason Shoemark
11 Matt Jess
10 Ignacio Mieres
9 Haydn Thomas
1 Brett Sturgess
2 Chris Whitehead
3 Carl Rimmer
4 Tom Hayes (capt)
5 James Hanks
6 Tom Johnson
7 James Scaysbrook
8 Richard Baxter

16 Simon Alcott
17 Ben Moon
18 Chris Budgen
19 Aly Muldowney
20 Ben White
21 Will Chudley
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Phil Dollman
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:25 am

CD, really happy to see Shoey back, altho Dolly can count himself unlucky to miss out on a starting spot - but his versatility is what makes him a v valuable bench player

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:26 am

Tiggers:
15 Scott Hamilton
14 Niall Morris
13 Matt Smith
12 Dan Bowden
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Toby Flood
9 Sam Harrison
1 Logovi'i Mulipola
2 George Chuter
3 Dan Cole
4 Graham Kitchener
5 Geoff Parling
6 Jordan Crane (c)
7 Julian Salvi
8 Thomas Waldrom

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Boris Stankovich
18 Martin Castrogiovanni
19 Ed Slater
20 Brett Deacon
21 Patrick Phibbs
22 George Ford
23 Adam Thompstone

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by timhen Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:57 am

Interesting that Tigers have gone for Crane at 6 and Waldrom at 8, it's been the other way round in the past. Crane usually better controlling at the base, but I assume Tigers are looking to cash in on Waldrom's current better form carrying the ball.

timhen

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:44 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:CD, really happy to see Shoey back, altho Dolly can count himself unlucky to miss out on a starting spot - but his versatility is what makes him a v valuable bench player

Chief

Too right As. Shoey, TJ and Haydn Thomas all to start. Is this the nearest to full strength we've been? Chief
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:49 am

always felt the scrum looked weaker when he came on.

Unfair to compare a squad player to Ayerza who is one of the best looseheads going.

Disappointed there's no Manu in the team though the introduction of Bowden comes at the right time. I'm hoping Crane wears 6 but controls at the base of the scrum for our put ins.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:57 am

Hhmm that Smith, Morris and Hamilton combo at 13, 14, 15 doesn't look too threatening in attack. Very solid though. Did I hear right that Benjamin is out for a very long time?

Looking forward to seeing how Bowden goes outside Flood, this might actually really help Floods attacking game as well.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:42 am

To be fair Morris has pace and is clinical when given an opportunity, issue with him is that he lacks imagination. No clever feet and no vision for the chip or similar. I'd prefer to see Lewington play.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:11 am

Just watched this on ESPN - Flood was rather good ! Sorry ASBO Run
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Congrats to the Tiggers - a good, old-fashioned horsing clap Not much seemed to go right for us today Rolling Eyes

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Yep, second best all over the park. On the slightly bright side, the scrum did improve after Mulipola went off, but I guess Balmain is Tiggers 4th choice LH and Stevens 3rd or 4th choice hooker?

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:Yep, second best all over the park. On the slightly bright side, the scrum did improve after Mulipola went off, but I guess Balmain is Tiggers 4th choice LH and Stevens 3rd or 4th choice hooker?

4th choice hooker.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:07 pm

How did Tigers get hold of a young Cornishman? Academy or lower leagues?

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Stevens came through the academy.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Ta.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:23 pm

I guess Balmain is Tiggers 4th choice LH and Stevens 3rd or 4th choice hooker?

I think it was Balmain's first team debut, he is only 19 but highly rated and went on an exchange programme with Clermont. Stevens is a 21 year old hooker and former England under 20 who has some experience with Nottingham in the Championship. He made his debut in the LV cup victory over Quins last season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down