The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its only the bleeding V2 Wrestling Podcast 25th September

+6
Kay Fabe
Dr Gregory House MD
talkingpoint
Adam D
VDT
Dolphin Ziggler
10 posters

Go down

Its only the bleeding V2 Wrestling Podcast 25th September Empty Its only the bleeding V2 Wrestling Podcast 25th September

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Sep 2012, 7:30 am

Find this week's glorious edition of the podcast here: http://www.v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-podcast-25th-september.html

This week, the v2 Wrestling team are back with a vengeance as Adam, Gavin and Chris look at the wrestling of the past week and a fantasy card of legends in three 30 minute sections.

Thank you for all of your emails over the week - we will do our best to answer them over the coming weeks. Please keep them coming!

This week we have taken a look at...

The past week's WWE Raw and TNA Impact.
The WWE's Top Ten fantasy matches list.

Part One we discuss TNA Impact.
Part Two we discuss WWE Raw.
Part Three we discuss the WWE's Top Ten fantasy matches list and our dream fights.

If you have a question or topic that you would like discussed on a future podcast, then please do not hesitate to email the wrestling team at wrestling@v2journal.com

Feel free to drop us a line as to what you thought as well!

This week we want to hear from you on the following topics:

1. Your thoughts on TNA and WWE this week.
2. Your thoughts on a possible Ryback/Punk feud.
3. Is there a more active place for Mick Foley in the WWE?
4. Will the Hogan's hog the TNA limelight leading up to Bound For Glory?
5. What's more important: A long title reign or stand-out memorable moments?
6. Your thoughts and memories of the career of Ric Flair.

This podcast needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

http://www.v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-podcast-25th-september.html

Last edited by chris.wilkerson13 on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot about old Ric Flair)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Its only the bleeding V2 Wrestling Podcast 25th September Empty Re: Its only the bleeding V2 Wrestling Podcast 25th September

Post by VDT Wed 26 Sep 2012, 9:37 am

Looking back at a topic from a while about Dream PPV's, i put this: which has a few dream matches i think.

Main Event:
Hogan v The Rock v Cena.

To crown the greatest IC Champ of all time.
Rick Steamboat vs Randy Savage vs Mr Perfect vs Ultimate Warrior vs Honky Tonk Man vs Chris Jericho

Womans Match:
Chyna vs. Awesome Kong

Battle of Mexico:
Eddie Guerrero vs Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara vs Hernandez

Barbwire, Weapons Match:
Mankind v Cactus Jack (impossible i know but)

Big Daddy V Andre the Giant

Jake the snake v Randy Ortion
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Its only the bleeding V2 Wrestling Podcast 25th September Empty Re: Its only the bleeding V2 Wrestling Podcast 25th September

Post by Adam D Wed 26 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

2 other things that need mentioning:

1. What are everyone's opinion of roc flair and how much do you actually know about his career.
2. Hulk Hogan appeared on the show

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

I've edited the Ric Flair part but I didn't want to mention the Hulkster's appearance, brother, without mentioning that Mr T also had a cameo, fool!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:44 pm

RE TNA impact:

I understand what you mean about the build up for BFG from a booking stand point, after all there are only two matches confirmed so far, but I think generally speaking TNA have done a good job in a media sense leading up to BFG. I like the roster interviews/memories, I like the BFG website and the promo videos and let's not forget that the 'road to BFG' started with the BFG series 3 months ago and has done what is the most important thing, elevated to prominence the main event for the world title. I have faith that the rest of the card will be good as there are still key players without matches yet.

The Aces & 8s is chugging along and there are elements that intrigue me and others that frustrate me. I'd like to know some identities by now and I hope the main event at BFG is not spoilt by Aces & 8s but I have to say compared to how poorly WWE booked the Nexus in its brief existence, I think I prefer Aces & 8s conceptually and hope it progresses as a storyline and as a booking angle in the coming month or so.

Impact is a good programme and I think TNA have a good product. In all honesty I think Hogan has got the balance right, he makes his presence felt in the impact zone but doesn't hog the limelight, not imo anyway. He's a GM so naturally he'll get TV time and that's the role he should be playing as a legend of the industry at this stage of his career.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 26 Sep 2012, 8:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback TP. I largely agree with your comments and think that the lead up to BFG has been good.

I think the thing that they did which screwed up plans slightly was pull the Roode/ Storm match from the main event by putting the belt on Austin a few months back.

Also, I just listened to the first part again, and I have to say Hogan appearing was legendary!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:55 pm

Having only been born in '91 and not getting properly into wrestling until '04-'05, I obviously never witnessed Ric Flair in his prime. As time has gone on I have gone back and watched stuff of the man and he was just incredible, wrestling, talking, he could do it all and he comfertably makes my top 5 all-rounders, his matches with Randy Savage at 'Mania 8 and against Terry Funk at Clash of the Champions are two of my favorite matches ever (a bit obvious as well I know), I would say about what I witnessed with my own eyes that in WWE, particuarly during the evolution period and shorty afterwards, the guy had an aura about him, he knew he was a true great and he made others belive it two, sadly as times gone on he lost that, his time in TNA as well showed another side to him as well, I know his almost weekly degredation's weren't popular with some, but he was a force of nature in TNA, for better or worse he ate up the screen and no one could live with him. It's hard to say exactly how i'll remember him, partially because he's still around and also because he's gone trough so many evolutions of his character, so there's my definative answer on that.

As for dream WWE feuds, I'd go for (in no particular order):

Main Event-
Randy Savage vs Shawn Micheals

Match 7-
Mankind vs Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Match 6-
'Stone Cold' Steve Austin vs CM Punk

Match-5
The Rock vs 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

Dream Women's Match-
Bull Natanko vs Gail Kim

Match-3
Kurt Angle vs Bryan Danielson

Dream Tag Team Match-
E&C vs The British Bulldogs

Match- 1
Bret Hart vs Brock Lesnar

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:58 pm

Also can I suggest as a point of discussion for the next few weeks be a look at WWE's revamped NXT, it seems to be doing a lot of things right, showcasing so exciting up-and-comers and some underutalised lower card guys, and could be worth a bit of banter.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 27 Sep 2012, 2:04 am

Top 10 fantasy feuds

Steve Austin (97) vs CM Punk (2012)
Shawn Michaels vs The Rock
The Ultimate Warrior (91) vs Jake Roberts (91)
Brock Lesnar (03) vs Bret Hart (97)
Kurt Angle (01) vs Daniel Bryan (2012)
Mankind (96) vs Hulk Hogan (87)
Triple H (2000) vs Randy Savage (89)
The Steiner Brothers (93) vs Edge & Christian (2000)
Roddy Piper (85) vs Jeff Hardy (09)
Chris Jericho (2000) vs JBL (04)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Sep 2012, 7:12 am

thanks for the feedback guys - good to see we have at least 2 listeners!

And thanks for the comments on Ric Flair - I think its worthy of its own thread which I will put up later (unless Dr House can help out)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 27 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

going back to the Roode/Storm situation; the feud obviously would have meant more had it been for the world title and it would have been a far more natural conclusion too, for Storm to win the belt at BFG. However, it was also the most obvious. I think TNA have big plans for Storm so am not worried about him not being in the main event at BFG, I am sure he will be world champion within the next year. Roode has less leverage now, but nevertheless as a heel Roode is still capable of drawing heat and though he wins dirty, he's not made to look weak in the ring. I'm personally looking forward to this match at BFG should it happen.

The Hardy/AA angle is probably the best way to go when you have two faces in the main event. AA by his very stature has always had something to prove in the wrestling business and so I think it sounded genuine. Hardy has been a fan favourite and a huge brand in his own right in both TNA and WWE. Hardy is marketing gold. Every face champion wants also to be the most popular wrestler on the roster too. Will it lead to a AA heel turn? Possibly and if either man is going to turn it should be him. However with the whole wrestling matters mantra of the company, I'd be happy to see a good old fashioned contest with a handshake at the end in recognition of the better man. This main event has so much potential from a wrestling stand point so I'm hoping for alot of back and forth action and a clean win from either man.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 27 Sep 2012, 1:01 pm

I doubt we'll see a clean win, I'm sure Austin Aries will end the show having heel turned and it being revealed he's the leader of this Aces and Eights malarky, I'm hardly a religious viewer though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu 27 Sep 2012, 4:47 pm

well done guys another good show.
have to say loved the Hogan calling the cops bit had me laughing like a loon
Laugh

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Sep 2012, 7:24 pm

MetalMotty wrote:well done guys another good show.
have to say loved the Hogan calling the cops bit had me laughing like a loon
Laugh

The Hogan bit was completely spontaneous - no idea what I was thinking! But don't be surprised if other wrestlers appear on the show in the future Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:27 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Also can I suggest as a point of discussion for the next few weeks be a look at WWE's revamped NXT, it seems to be doing a lot of things right, showcasing so exciting up-and-comers and some underutalised lower card guys, and could be worth a bit of banter.

I'd be interested in this as well. NXT's the only show I'll go out of my way to watch at the moment.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 28 Sep 2012, 8:12 am

I've heard good things about it but not seen anything except a couple of vignettes for the dominion or whatever they're called.

Adam and Chris, how about we each make it our homework to watch the latest episode over the weekend, and talk about it in next week's show?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:14 pm

NXT is the only WWE product that I am watching religiously at the moment, its dead easy to stay away from the spoilers and some well written stuff is being produced. Love the addition of the title belt, gives it a focal point and there are a couple of other exciting fueds on there inc Ohno/Steamboat and Usos/ Acension

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 28 Sep 2012, 6:19 pm

I've been hearing similar, and this is the push I need to watch it. If I can sit through Smackdown then NXT is easily watchable. It sounds like they are even utilising tag teams, and I'm an Usos fan.

Is NXT 2 hours? I feel with TNA, Raw, Smackdown and NXT possibly adding up to 9 hours I may find myself fast forwarding a lot more.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 28 Sep 2012, 8:36 pm

It's only on for an hour, which is another bonus.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down