The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury v Chambers?

+9
mobilemaster8
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TheMackemMawler
azania
TopHat24/7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Valero's Conscience
School Project
Pekchenko
13 posters

Go down

Fury v Chambers? Empty Fury v Chambers?

Post by Pekchenko Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:10

The Times is reporting that Tyson could be facing Eddie Chambers in December. I personally think this would be a decent move, and if taken, shows that Fury is building up the right right way.
I know he has taken a lot of stick for not facing Price, but i dont mind waiting for that fight in a couple of years time, when both are more established. I d like to see them both take on a few fighters of this standard over the next year or so and then meet when one or both actually hold titles

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Fury v Chambers? Empty Re: Fury v Chambers?

Post by School Project Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:20

Good move if true, however I heard that Fury was set up to fight Ruslan Chagaev (another good move if you ask me).

I agree that a Price fight can wait as, potentially, we would have a big British heavyweight fight - the first since Bruno vs Lewis (Haye/Harrison doesn't apply at all).

It's worth keeping an eye out on Fury's next move.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:25

No way will Fury fight Chambers!

All the credit if he does but he definitely won't!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:25

Bad move for Fury, I reckon Chambers will school him, he's used to fighting the big man and know how to frustrate. Barring a robbery, I think Chambers takes the UD here.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:35

Good fight if he takes it, sort of level he should be fighting at right now and I think it's winnable though far from clear cut.

That said, he was meant to be fighting Chagaev was he not? That rumour never went anywhere either.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:37

Good fight for Fury. The kid is stepping up quite well. He should KO Chambers who in reality is a cruiser.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:48

TopHat24/7 wrote:Good fight if he takes it, sort of level he should be fighting at right now and I think it's winnable though far from clear cut.

That said, he was meant to be fighting Chagaev was he not? That rumour never went anywhere either.....

Chagaev only agreed to the fight this month so I don't think it's a case of it not going anywhere, they're probably just sorting out the contracts.

Although Chambers would be a good step (especially if the fight is in the US). There's more weight in the Chagaev fight than the Chambers, as both Fury and Chagaev have talked about it... This just sounds like rumour mill.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:54

No way is he fighting Eddie Chambers.

Whats the career strategy there? Avoid everyone for an eternity then put him in with someone he's going to lose to?

If you aren't Wlad, then you are not stopping Fast Eddy Chambers.

Does Fury have the power to stop him? Yes!

Will fury lay a glove on him? NO!

Bad fight. Take Chagaev instead.

Last edited by TheMackemMawler on Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:55; edited 1 time in total
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:54

School Project wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Good fight if he takes it, sort of level he should be fighting at right now and I think it's winnable though far from clear cut.

Chagaev only agreed to the fight this month so I don't think it's a case of it not going anywhere, they're probably just sorting out the contracts.

Although Chambers would be a good step (especially if the fight is in the US). There's more weight in the Chagaev fight than the Chambers, as both Fury and Chagaev have talked about it... This just sounds like rumour mill.

I didn't think it had actually been agreed even. Thought I read something about Chags rejecting it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:56

Nah won't happen, Chambers is about 70 places to high for a Fury opponent
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pekchenko Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 10:59

From what i can remember of the article, it did say his promotional company were 'in discussions' with Chambers regarding a possible fight on the 1st of December.
Had i read it in the Sun then i would have taken it with a pinch of salt, but the times doesnt usually print stuff without any substance whatsoever

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 11:09

TopHat24/7 wrote:
School Project wrote:

I didn't think it had actually been agreed even. Thought I read something about Chags rejecting it.

Nope, he was without a trainer and when he heard his name mentioned by Fury, he contacted them and expressed interest in the fight - he just asked for time to gather a team before getting any contracts signed (pretty much giving a verbal "yes" to the fight).

Source: http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/168340.html

There's a load of other stories on it if you have a look about on Google too.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 11:10

Take on Solis or Areola if you want step up. Take Michael Grant if you want to increase your US profile. Take on Holyfield if you don't care what anyone thinks

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 11:39

DAVE667 wrote:Take on Solis or Areola if you want step up. Take Michael Grant if you want to increase your US profile. Take on Holyfield if you don't care what anyone thinks

Take on Price and clean up domestically. Oh wait, he wont because he will get flattened.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 12:32

fury is often supposedly fighting somebody good next but then fights somebody much worse. bit like cleverly. i think chambers would beat fury comfortably if they thought, but it wont happen

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by tobbox Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 12:36

Whoever he fights will be an improvement on his last two opponents - he can't get away with that again, surely.

I think he's improved a lot and has decent skills but I still think he'll be knocked out by the first decent fighter he faces.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 13:13

School Project wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
School Project wrote:

Nope, he was without a trainer and when he heard his name mentioned by Fury, he contacted them and expressed interest in the fight - he just asked for time to gather a team before getting any contracts signed (pretty much giving a verbal "yes" to the fight).

Source: http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/168340.html

There's a load of other stories on it if you have a look about on Google too.

http://www.hattonboxing.com/tv/news/2012/09/chagaev-puts-fury-fight-on-the-backburner

http://www.boxingscene.com/chagaev-says-no-tyson-fury-fight-new-team-found--56671

My reading of these it that of a much more negative spin than yours.

Basically I wouldn't put the fight at any more than 'mooted' at this stage, Chags has simply said he would take it, not that he will. There are enough obstacles in the way to make this about as likely as Clev fighting a divisional contender.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 13:17

Fury will not risk his turn on the title challenge merry go round by fighting anyone with a pulse let alone someone like Chambers who would completely outbox and outclass him.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 13:22

Agree with the consensus here that Chambers providing he's in decent shape will be way too good. I also don't think he could stop Chambers as he is difficult to catch clean, Wlad has this lights out power which Fury will never have.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down