The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IWA - Mid South

+5
Adam D
Kaiser
ContraryToBelief
theundisputedY2D2
Fadorock
9 posters

Go down

IWA - Mid South Empty IWA - Mid South

Post by Fadorock Mon 18 Apr 2011, 12:48 pm

Thought this was slightly news worthy (if not already been covered) that IWA - Mid South is now defunct as of April 1st.

Not that anyone will be that bothered as most people (myself included) think Ian Rotten is a scum bag who promotes (worse than) garbage wrestling.

Still I think it was worth acknowledging them as at some point or other many respected wrestlers have appeared on their cards, also the promotion has had a number of controversies (white lion etc)

So anyone got any thoughts good or bad about IWA? Stories or favourite matches? Anyone even sorry to see them go?

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

IWA - Mid South Empty Re: IWA - Mid South

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:18 pm

Favourite thing ever from IWA:Mid South has to be CM Punk's 'Invisible Microphone' promo laughing

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadorock Mon 18 Apr 2011, 4:29 pm

That clip just shows you what some of the talent can do if they were aloud to do and say what they please, granted this would be way over the top for WWEs PG TV but the intensity and humour and innovation is still there.

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

Post by ContraryToBelief Mon 18 Apr 2011, 4:37 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Favourite thing ever from IWA:Mid South has to be CM Punk's 'Invisible Microphone' promo laughing

As someone who knows absolutely nothing of the Indy scene, can you tell me what that's all about? I'm at work and almost every decent website is blocked by the Internet Gestapo...

Cheers!

ContraryToBelief

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 4:43 pm

Basically, CM Punk was wrestling in a small gym so everyone in the place could hear him speaking in his normal tones but for some reason, for his own amusement probably, he was 'holding a microphone' and carried on his promo as if he had a mic in his hand. He was getting pelters from some weird ass woman in the crowd so he jumped out of the ring and confronted her, she carried on shouting so he 'held out the microphone' and she started talking into it! Punk then snaps "You dumb b|tch I'm not even holding a microphone!" before carrying on!

Epic win! laughing

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:41 am

anyone wish to elaborate on the controversies within the company i dont know much about the company. cheers

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by ContraryToBelief Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:46 am

Cheers Y2.

Firstly, I commend Punk for not smashing her in the mouth the second she did that "uh huh" head wobble.

Secondly, that is quite possibly the funniest promo I've ever seen. Are the promo's on the indys made up on the spot? If so, that just goes to prove just how good Punk is on the mic, invisible or not.

ContraryToBelief

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:48 am

here is the vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Ka44_9goQ

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:14 am

Thats bloody brilliant!

Just shows what he can do really, if they just let him off the leash a bit...

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:28 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdRo9JsfBZM

its very funny

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

IWA - Mid South Empty Controversy creates your promotion folding

Post by Fadorock Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:14 pm

KAISER --

When you get the chance search for Mike Levy incident I think its easily worse than the now legendary Mass Transit Incident.

Basically, and this is from what i remember (but the youtube clips are out there), this guy called Mike Levy was a backyard wrester who cut a few promos posted them on youtube and got a bit of joke notoriety on message boards, in a similar way to Brimstone possibly.

Anyway this dude was sounding off about being hardcore and wanting to compete in the IWA: Midsouth king of the death match tournament, Ian Rotten (based presumably on his IWC message board notoriety) booked the guy to compete in the queen of the death match tournament as a joke.

Levy was scheduled to face Mickie Knuckles (a protégé of Rotten’s) and she was due to appear on TNA Impact a few days later. During the match the punches got stiffer and stiffer and it started to turn into a shoot, at one point Levy and Mickie clashed heads leaving a mark on Mickies face (this, along with no selling from levy, was apparently the cause for what happened next). The match ended as planned but what happened next was very disturbing and open to interpretation as to weather it was a work or not.

Two fellow IWA scumbags called Tank and Devon Moore came to the ring and proceeded to beat down Mike Levy, but it wasn’t a normal beat down they were literally beating the hell out of this guy, at one point Devon and Tank take turns curb stomping Levy's head into a ladder, honestly the second shot from tank is the most disturbing thing i have seen in Pro wresting (if you can call IWA wrestling).

Anyway Levy rolls out the ring and is a serious mess Ian rotten joins in the beat down as well as his kid who is like 9 or something, all the wresters are shouting stuff at Levy like "oh so you decide to sell now you dick" and stuff like that, and the rednecks in the crowd are like "this is the damn greatest thing ive seen in my damn life uh hu."

The police are called but for some reason Levy doesn’t press charges and so they cant do anything but this was pretty much the beginning of the end for IWA. In my opinion everyone involved should have been arrested and locked up but watch the video if you can and make up your own mind if it was a work or not.

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:22 pm

sounds horrific fadorock but thanks i'll have alook tonight

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:30 pm

just watched that video and the whole thing is disgraceful.

That is not wrestling. Truly shocking.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:30 pm

Fad, totally agree, I recall reading about it at the time as Knuckles was part of the TNA roster and thought what a despicable piece of trash she was, I seem to recall she got a bad injury at the time herself and didn't get her contract renewed.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:57 pm

On a more positive note the Necro Butcher vs Samoa Joe match was one of the best brawls I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHbQVFp_AD8

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadorock Tue 19 Apr 2011, 3:07 pm

If thers one man who can brawl it is necro! I dont understand why TNA do not bring in some of these guys and good indie guys for a couple of shows just to test the water, You could even advertise ti like necro making a one off appearence to see who is the better fighter him or joe. If these wresters get a good response then great sign them up to the roster hopefully at the expense of people like Gunner and Murphy, if they dont get a good response then at least they have enhanced some TNA roster talent without having to Job out one of TNA's other roster member.

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadorock Tue 19 Apr 2011, 3:23 pm

Also in regards to Mickie Knuckles she did indeed break her leg quite nastily and had her TNA contract cancelled, this set her career back indefinitely. There is the video of this also, with stupid fat Ian Rotten knelt beside her crying. now that’s some Karma!

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down