The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA Results 4/10/12

+3
NickisBHAFC
talkingpoint
Fernando
7 posters

Go down

TNA Results 4/10/12 Empty TNA Results 4/10/12

Post by Fernando Sat 6 Oct - 1:21

TNA kicks off with a video package covering last week's Aces & Eights abduction of Sting and Hulk Hogan. Following the clip, "The Icon" is shown backstage with Hogan, trying to figure out who will join Sting in his tag team match at Bound for Glory. Hogan tells Sting to "put a bullet in them", and Sting claims he's ready to do just that, and will name his partner by the end of the night.

-Mr. Anderson makes his way out and informs Sting that he'd like to throw his name into the hat for facing Aces & Eights.

Mr. Anderson vs. Gunner (w/ Kid Kash)

Quick match with Gunner getting a bit of offense, but ultimately unable to get anything of substance over on Anderson, who hits the Mic Check for the pin in about three minutes. After the match Kash jumps Anderson immediately after the bell rings, but he's able to reverse the attack into yet another Mic Check. Sting is shown watching backstage with interest, as he tries to make his decision.

Winner: Mr. Anderson

-Tara is shown backstage talking to her secret celebrity boyfriend. Gail Kim interrupts, and Tara calls her boyfriend a "cable star"; apparently the heels are not going to be on the same page tonight. Their match is next!

Tara & Gail Kim vs. Miss Tessmacher & ODB

ODB starts things off with a big shoulder block, taking down Gail Kim. In comes the Knockouts Champ who shoves her ass into Kim, who is seated in the corner. Another quick tag, and ODB is back in to hit a rather questionable Bronco Buster as Gail is still in the corner. ODB works the crowd, wich allows Gail to take advantage with a corner splash. Kim refuses to tag in Tara, and only mansages a two-count. Tara finally tags herself in and goes for a standing moonsault, but ODB gets her knees up into her opponents stomach.

ODB finds the hot tag in the corner - a term which has much greater meaning in this match - and Tessmacher comes in all fired up. The Champ sends Tara to the mat with a facebuster off the top rope, but doesn't get the pin as Gail Kim finds her way back in for the double team assault. This doesn't last long however, as ODB spears Gim, flask in hand! Gail's problems don't end there though, as Tara uses her partner as a human shield, throwing her into Tessmacher and landing the Widow's Peak on the Champion off the distraction.

Winner: Tara & Gail Kim

-Back from commercial, TNA runs a video package on the drama between Al Snow and former Gut Check contestant Joey Ryan.

-Al Snow makes his way to the ring as Taz and Tenay put over the next Gut Check, which is taking place on an upcoming TNA house show. He welcomes Joey Ryan to the ring, this time from the back instead of from the crowd. Al Snow says that he made poor choices that reflected badly on TNA and Impact Wrestling, and he appologizes for his actions to a chorus of boo's from the live crowd. Ryan tells him he doesn't want to hear an "apologment" from management, he wants to hear a sincere "I'm sorry" from Al Snow. He calls Snow "pathetic" and says tonight is about him, not the fans or the 87%.

Al Snow reveals a contract and hands it to Ryan, who continues to run down Snow despite being offered a job in TNA. Ryan makes him turn around so he can sign it on his back, which he does. Ryan makes more obnoxious comments as Al Snow reveals that the contract isn't for a perminent spot on the roster, but rather one night only. He says Ryan is getting one match at Bound for Glory, and his opponent is Al Snow!

Kurt Angle is backstage trying to convince Sting to let him pull double duty at Bound for Glory. The World Tag Team Champions (of the World) are hilariously peaking around the corner, taking it all in. Sting says that because he's Kurt Angle, he'll think about it. Bully Ray interrupts them and asks Sting what it's going to take to be named his partner for Bound for Glory. Sting says to "go back something happen out there", and that he needs a Bully because he's peed!

Commercial Break

TNA Television Championship
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rob Van Dam

The two attempt to trade blows early on, but the Champ gets the quick advantage with a big clothesline, followed by another. Irish whip into the corner; big splash and the trademark Pele kick follows, sending Van Dam to the mat. Joe tries to lock in the near naked choke on the mat, but his opponent gets to the ropes, and the two spill out to the floor. Joe with short knee strikes into the abs of RVD, before he sends him crashing into the steel ring steps.

Joe brings his prey back in the ring and continues stalking him. Van Dam pulls himself to his feet in the corner, as Joe attempts another big splash, but gets caught with a quick square to the jaw. RVD goes up top and hits a great crossbody out of nowhere! Van Dam up to the top rope again, but Joe catches him trying to the fans behind him, hitting a picture-perfect Muscle Buster for the 3-count.

Winner: Samoa Joe

-AJ Styles is backstage with Chavo and Hernandez, trying to work out what's going to happen at Bound for Glory. The tag champs find them and make fun of their little "strategy meeting", and get in AJ's head by saying Angle doesn't even want to be in the match. Daniels says Angle wants Chavo and Hernandez in a handicap match, and the Champs leave the way they came in; damage dealt.

Backstage Austin Aries confronts Jeff Hardy in the parking lot. He says there's no "hard feelings" and he's just excited to get to Bound for Glory. Bully Ray shows up and says the good news is he's not going to punch both of them in the face right now. The bad news is, he's going to punch one of them in the face later on. The get into an arguement about who's beaten who, and Jeff Hardy requests a triple threat match, which is agreed to be all for later on tonight! Looks like Bully does get to punch them both in the face!

Kurt Angle (w/ AJ Styles) vs. Chavo Guerrero (w/ Hernandez)

Angle starts things with a waist lock, which Chavo ends up turning into a headlock of his own. He holds the lock for a solid minute as the crowd will Angle back into things, and the Olympic medalist hits a big back suplex and goes to work on Chavo in the corner. Angle stomps a mudhole in Guerrero, but the referee makes him break it up. Angle goes back to work but Chavo sneaks out of it and gets in a few shots of his own; the offense doesn't last long though and Angle takes him down with a big back body drop.

Angle goes back to the mat game, but Chavo wriggles free and runs the ropes, only to get caught in a huge tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, for two! Both men are going back and forth now. Chavo goes for the Three Amigos vertical suplexes, but Kurt blocks the last and hits a trio of his own German Suplexes! Angle stalks Chavo and waits for another, but Guerrero ends up getting another set of Amigos before going up top for the Frog Splash. Angle rolls out of the way and hits the Angle Slam! He brings down the straps and tries for the Ankle Lock, but Chavo rolls him up for a quick three-count!

Following the match the two teams get in the ring and shove it out. The Champions watch from the ramp as their plan to pit them against each other has clearly worked.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

TNA X-Divison Championship
Zema Ion (c) vs. Doug Williams

Zema tries to get in a cheap shot, but Doug Williams takes offense and beats the snot out of him for his arrogance. He sends the Champ flying over the ropes, and goes out and continues the attack. Zema shakes him off though, sending him crashing into the ringpost, before they head back int the ring. Williams catches Ion on the jaw as he gets back to his feet, but Zema locks in an armbar out of nowhere and Doug Williams is forced to tap out.
Winner: Zema Ion

After the match, Ion refuses to break the hold for almost a full minute as the referee continues to ring the bell. The ref reverses the decision, but it doesn't matter as Ion retains the belt regardless.

Reversed Decision new winner: Doug Williams

-Backstage Bruce Prichard is showing D'Lo Brown a clip of Matt Morgan invading a TNA house show live event. He yells at D'Lo for letting that kind of thing happen, as the guy who's supposed to be running live events. They say Morgan hasn't been seen in five months, and they have no idea why he did what he did.

-James Storm comes down to the ring and says it's been about one year since all the controversy between him and Bobby Roode started. Storm says he's coming to Bound for Glory to prove that he's the better man. He puts over the special enforcer as more than a man, as "a king". Bobby Roode interrupts and Taz calls him the "king of Canada". Roode says he doesn't give a damn about King Mo, and tries to psych out Storm by saying he's never beaten him, and that he rode his coat tails in a tag team. Roode says all the tension betweent he two is going to explode at Bound for Glory, and he won't stop until he's standing over a bloody James Storm, knowing he's ended a man's career.

King Mo makes his way out and gets in Roode's face. Roode makes fun of his crown and rope, and starts pushing him around. Roode takes off his jacket and King Mo shoves him straight to the ground! Mo begs Roode to get back up, but Roode begs him off and crawls to the back as Mo makes his way to the ring. King Mo gets in Storm's face too, but "The Cowboy" raises his arm in the air and the two share a couple of beers in the middle of the ring.

Commercial Break

-Following an Aces & Eights video package, they are shown basically water-boarding Joseph Parks at their "club house". The leader says they're all ready to die for the brotherhood, and questions where Hogan can say the same thing. They say in 10 days they're going to reveal who their picks are. One of the grunts has a car battery hooked up to jumper cables, and the cameras fade to black as we assume they're going to continue torturing Parks.

Austin Aries vs. Bully Ray vs. Jeff Hardy

We come back from commercial and the action is already under way. The faces try to get the crowd into the match, but Bully pulls Hardy to the outside and sends him crashing into the guardrail. Aries hits a bit clothesline off the top rope onto the Bully, but gets caught with a big boot in the corner. Hardy uses the fallen Aries to hit Poetry in Motion on Bully, followed by his signature split-leg legdrop. Taz says Bully's having a rough night, as Hardy hits him with the Twist of Fate, followed by Swanton Bomb. Hardy goes for the pin but Aries throws him out of the ring and locks in a last chancery.

Before Bully can tap, Hardy breaks up the pin. The two "faces" bicker in the middle of the ring and Bully takes advantage of the distraction to take them both out! He heads to the outside and grabs the World title belt, calling Christy a "stupid bitch" in the process. Hardy is trying to go after Bully but ends up accidentally takes out Aries. Bully hits the Bubba Bomb for the 3-count.

Winner: Bully Ray

-After the match Aries gets a huge round of boo's from the crowd, which makes him all the more bitter as Hardy gets the biggest face reaction of the night. The Champion gets so peed he leaves the ring as Hardy poses for the crowd.

Commercial Break

-Hulk Hogan and Sting make their way down to the ring for the final segment of the night. Hogan says that Aces & Eights has been running riot over TNA, but they're going to keep playing by the rules. Hogan complains that he can't be a part of the war, but puts over Sting as the guy who's going to keep Aces & Eights out of TNA forever. Hogan runs down all the guys who competed on Impact tonight, as says that they've chosen Mr. Anderson as their guy, and call him down to the ring.

Aces & Eights is shown backstage haven knocked out Ken Anderson. Hogan tells the back to get him some help and the roster comes to check on him. Bully Ray hits the ring and says that they made a mistake taking Anderson to war. He demands Sting put the "warrior" in the "war", and tells him to convince Hogan and make it happen. Bully says the fans need him to fight for TNA, which doesn't sit well with the fans, who chant "we want Devon". Sting tells Hogan they should go with Bully, who puts his hand out and tells the Hulkster to shake it. Hogan accepts the handshake, and Bully says "you've got it, brother" as Impact goes off the air.

Source: Wrestlezone.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

TNA Results 4/10/12 Empty Re: TNA Results 4/10/12

Post by talkingpoint Sat 6 Oct - 2:11

I'm glad Bully Ray has been officially confirmed as Sting's partner at BFG. It makes sense that Bully Ray would be involved in the match for two reasons:

1. He's been the target of Aces & 8s so has a strong connection to the faction already
2. It's a high profile match, storywise, which could change the course of TNA through 2013 and so as he's out of the title picture, it's as much as he deserves.

There has still been no X-Division title match at BFG yet, which is surprising so I suspect they're leaving it for the last episode of impact before the PPV. Also conspicuous by their absence from the card is Mr Anderson & RVD. I would be surprised if they left them off but really they've got no logical reason to be there!

I have to say that all the matches so far are all logical and have been given a decent build up. Even Joe v Magnus they have history as former tag champs and so there's rivalry and resentment there by Magnus.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 6 Oct - 4:11

You forgot to do results for Raw and Smackdown this week nando

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 9 Oct - 0:36

Agree it made sense for Bully to partner Sting against Aces & Eights as he's about the only high-profile wrestler not already involved in another feud or title match.

Think Anderson would have been a good pick too, but I guess Bully is above him in the pecking order, hence Ken got taken out.

Thought for a moment that Aries was reverting to his usual character when he tried to make peace with Hardy backstage. It was hilarious watching him get all riled after the match, when the fans were chanting for Hardy.

Really looking forward to BFG now...especially the Roode - Storm street fight.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Oct - 0:47

Is it just me, or can anyone lese see a Bully turn and him actually being a part of Aces and Eights? It all seems to suspicious for him not to be!

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 9 Oct - 1:12

The thing is Bully has almost turned into a tweener in recent months. His 'love or hate me you gotta respect me' mantra is very tweenerish imo and him fighting 'for' TNA and calling Hogan 'brother' are very tweener-esque things to say. If he was to turn out to be the 'inside' guy it would definitely give him heat from the fans and solidify his heel persona. That being said TNA may be genuinely turning him tweener, I actually like him this way. He comes across as genuine.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 9 Oct - 2:00

Well, the thing about Bully is he isn't biased - he hates everyone!

I wouldn't say he's a "tweener"...not yet anyway. The thing about Aces & Eights is they're a threat to TNA as a whole and like he said, they screwed up his title shot.

He may go back to being the panto villain after this story is done...then again this might signal a change of direction for him. Be interesting to see either way.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 9 Oct - 2:06

I agree talkingpoint if you have been watching he's always last to the ring and they disperse when he gets there I think it's an odds on bet he'll be smashing sting with a chain to the back of the head before the end of BFG and donning a leather jacket straight after

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 9 Oct - 2:17

Kaiser wrote:I agree talkingpoint if you have been watching he's always last to the ring and they disperse when he gets there I think it's an odds on bet he'll be smashing sting with a chain to the back of the head before the end of BFG and donning a leather jacket straight after

I agree, I can see it being played out like that, but it would completely overshadow the main event - it would be incredibly difficult for Hardy & Aries to follow such a shocking and controversial moment. It's what BFG would be remembered for more than anything else imo. I think TNA need to be careful they don't lose the crowd for the main event.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 9 Oct - 2:31

talkingpoint wrote:
Kaiser wrote:I agree talkingpoint if you have been watching he's always last to the ring and they disperse when he gets there I think it's an odds on bet he'll be smashing sting with a chain to the back of the head before the end of BFG and donning a leather jacket straight after

I agree, I can see it being played out like that, but it would completely overshadow the main event - it would be incredibly difficult for Hardy & Aries to follow such a shocking and controversial moment. It's what BFG would be remembered for more than anything else imo. I think TNA need to be careful they don't lose the crowd for the main event.

Would this not be the main event, we're talking about the future of the company, can't see any other way than championship match as the penultimate match and my above quote to finish BFG maybe with a lot of the dressing room srtoon around the ring in bits and bully and aces & eights standing in the ring some unveiled but others still masked until impact

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Oct - 2:37

Perhaps Hardy will just spoil the main vent anyway like last time....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 9 Oct - 3:53

Great contribution once again AL to yet another thread...

Right so I watched this last night, I've felt Aries would be revealed as behind this group for a while now, thought it looked a cert, while I'm not overly convinced that won't happen I do think from last nights show that the big tag team match is screaming out for a heel turn.

Bully is the obvious choice, he's been desperate to get involved, if he turns out to be behind it then it makes sense, it also keeps Hogan looking good too as he obviously doesn't trust him but right at the death last night I suddenly thought it'll be Mr Anderson, we didn't see him attacked and we didn't actually see them lay a finger on him either, I can see him making a return at BFG and when everyone thinks he's down to get his revenge he'll lay out Sting and/or Bully out with a chair and join the A&8s

Although I hope this doesn't close the show, if it does then Aries won't be joining, I do think though that he's screaming out to be a heel but unless he's aligned with A&8s then its pointless because as the Champ he'll be destined to come up against them and if they're the evil intruders Aries will find it impossible to stay heel against that kind of threat

There is definitely a lot of ways they can go, that's not always a good thing though to be honest, that being said, there may only be one way they'll go, the way they've planned all along

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by jonse83 Tue 9 Oct - 8:35

talkingpoint wrote:

But looking back when Hogan and Sting were taken to ace's and 8's club didn't anyone else think they were talking to the back of Bully's head, i know they've been chopping and changing the leader until they've decided who's going to be behind it most of them have looked like/been d'lo but as he's not active Bully has been built up to look strong, they tried taking hardy out for the bfg final and they have been 'fleeing' when Bully has arrived. Coud be interesting to see how Bully does as leader of the gang he's a great talker and could work for him if its done right.

jonse83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Oct - 20:46

Kay Fabe, you are such an idiot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down