The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vikings will play a 2nd London game next september

+9
Thomond
TM Moot
CFCNick
Number-25
mikeygnfl
crazy_dave23
Derbyblue
BamBam
GSC
13 posters

Go down

Vikings will play a 2nd London game next september Empty Vikings will play a 2nd London game next september

Post by GSC Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:42 pm

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Vikings will play a home game at Wembley Stadium in London sometime next September. Announcement coming at Tuesday's owners meeting.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Vikings will play a 2nd London game next september Empty Re: Vikings will play a 2nd London game next september

Post by BamBam Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:47 pm

Was just about to post similar, looking at this link, the options are pretty good!

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfcn.htm

Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and the NFC South.

Out of the whole list, the only teams I would rather not see would be Cleveland (for obvious reasons) and the Buccs, purely because they have been before on a couple of occasions.

edit* just seen that might not be the most reliable link, guess no one really knows yet

Last edited by bambamwillis on Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Vikings will play a 2nd London game next september Empty Re: Vikings will play a 2nd London game next september

Post by GSC Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:50 pm

If they're announcing it during the season then it wont be the South team. Doubt its Washington or Cleveland as both have been pretty terrible recently.

So Philly or Pitt would be my guess
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:52 pm

Hmm, I don't think the Redskins would be that bad to watch either, mainly because of the RG3 factor. That link seems to imply that all 3 NFC South games will be at home, but that can't be right can it?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:56 pm

The schedule for each team is:

6x Division Games
4x Games vs 1 NFC Division
4x Games vs 1 AFC Division
2x Games from teams that placed the same position as you did in the 2 remaining divisions in your conference.

I.e the Eagles finished 2nd, play the East, NFC South, AFC North, and the Cards/Lions because they finished 2nd in the NFC West/North.

That NFC South team will be the one that finishes in the same position as the Vikes.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:57 pm

The link should be correct, as the NFL announces the rotation of which divisions play each other which year in an 8 week cycle
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:58 pm

Ah, gotcha. I was being thick and forgetting to include all of their NFC North games when counting up

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:24 pm

I would love it to be Cleveland but I doubt it will be from those available if your list is correct I would say: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia or Washington are the possible ones for visiting the UK.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:29 pm

I'd have it in your order for likelihood, Pittsburgh (plenty of fans from their earlier run over here I imagine)> Philly (probably one of the better supported teams among newer fans with their recent success) > Washington (fans from a while back when they were good but pretty mediocre to bad for most of this millennia
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:33 pm

Washington would be because of RGIII, and it being two young QBs battling it out (though it could be the same with Eagles), in terms of drawing the crowd I think Pittsburgh and Philadelphia would be good but RGIII would help to keep the neutrals excited.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:34 pm

Just read that the Vikes will play their home games at TCF Bank Stadium next year while their new one is built, given it has a 50k capacity and costs 300k per game to rent it makes sense
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:37 pm

Didn't think about the whole "Vikings getting a new stadium" angle in terms of a London Game 2...

Nice Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:37 pm

I'm not sure RG3 would make up for 2 teams that are usually good. Washington has a chance but I'd imagine Pittsburgh is the clear favorite (with Rooney being the ambassador to Ireland). Then again they might veto it since the NFL has made noises about a game in Croake Park
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 14 Oct 2012, 5:46 pm

I'm guessing that it will likely be another AFC vs NFC game and the Steelers have been know to be interested in playing in Europe (Ireland) so I would suggesta Vikings vs Steelers game.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:56 am

I don't think "who is the best team" comes into it in terms of who is chosen to come over. In fact, who the NFL would like to come over is immaterial if the team in question says they're not interested. Also, if it came down to who would be good to watch then how do you explain how some of the teams that have played in the game found themselves here. The 49ers had a terrible recent record prior to them coming over. Miami too. Denver's record was patchy at best before they came before. Even the Saints had a poor recent record before they came over in 2008 - one winning season in the preceeding 5 and just 2 division titles in the previous 15 years. So, like I say, not having a great recent record doesn't preclude any team from coming over. I guess I'm only pointing all this out due to the anti-Redskins nature of some of the posts on this topic!!

Like it or not, the most marketable player in the NFL right now is RG3. That may be hard for some to accept, but it's true. That's why, if the Redskins are one of the potential teams to come over for this Vikings game, then they'll be the NFL's top choice. The stumbling block will be whether or not the front office would agree to it. They've shown zero desire to be involved in the International Series to this point so far however, Dan Snyder is no mug when it comes to making money and he'll be very aware that in RG3 he has a piece of marketing gold. If he can use him to sell a few more jerseys in some far off corner of the world then he might just do that. He's not had anyone like RG3 to this point so that might change his thinking on this.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:22 am

That's great news. Is the new Vikings stadium going to have a roof because they could have some good times again if they start playing outside at home permanently. I hate dome teams.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 16 Oct 2012, 1:43 pm

Number-25 wrote:Like it or not, the most marketable player in the NFL right now is RG3. That may be hard for some to accept, but it's true. That's why, if the Redskins are one of the potential teams to come over for this Vikings game, then they'll be the NFL's top choice. The stumbling block will be whether or not the front office would agree to it. They've shown zero desire to be involved in the International Series to this point so far however, Dan Snyder is no mug when it comes to making money and he'll be very aware that in RG3 he has a piece of marketing gold. If he can use him to sell a few more jerseys in some far off corner of the world then he might just do that. He's not had anyone like RG3 to this point so that might change his thinking on this.
Don't know if it's been announced yet as I haven't looked but I said on twitter that the Vikings vs Redskins would likely be the closest match at the moment there would be no obvious winner (of course things may have changed by September) but Vikings vs Eagles/Steelers are pretty one sided matches.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:01 pm

Vikings v Packers would be nice...never happen though i guess

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:14 pm

MockingJay33 wrote:That's great news. Is the new Vikings stadium going to have a roof because they could have some good times again if they start playing outside at home permanently. I hate dome teams.

looks like a retractable one...
http://www.vikings.com/stadium/new-stadium.html

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:27 pm

It's been tweeted by Jason LaCanfora and a hint tweeted by the away franchise.

Drumroll please...............

The 2013 September IS game at Wembley will be......

STEELERS @ VIKINGS

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:31 pm

Great news!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:36 pm

Should be a good game although I gotta admit I'm disappointed the Steelers aren't playing in Dublin. Might be building towards that.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:37 pm

Called it

Was the most attractive option given their history and recent success.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:08 pm

It will be in week 3. September 29th.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:10 pm

Whoop Whoop

Its everywhere now Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:17 pm

Best London game since Chargers vs Saints.

Looking forward to it. Who'd wanna go see the jags though?

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:19 pm

The problem with the NFL's plan to send teams over with crappy home support/questionable stadium futures is that they're generally crap Sad
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:41 pm

The big question now will be whether or not the second game eats into the attendance of the Jaguars vs 49ers game?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:11 am

mikeygnfl wrote:The big question now will be whether or not the second game eats into the attendance of the Jaguars vs 49ers game?

I can't help feeling the Jacksonville office will be disappointed with this, given that it will be 2 games in a month, with arguably the more attractive fixture 1st in the Vikings Steelers, and there plans to try and attract new support and increase knowledge about the franchise could be ruined before there first game.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:18 pm

Agreed.

The first game appears much more marketable than the second, or at least it gives more likelihood that the Jags will get marginalized because the 49ers obviously have a decent fanbase here.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:22 pm

I'm going to try to go to both, the idea on the other thread about a ticket that covers both games sounds great to me!

Obviously, if the 49ers weren't playing in the 2nd game, Vikings-Steelers would be the game that I would want to go see. Minnesota has some great players, and the Steelers are one of the marquee franchises of the entire league, so this is definitely a big deal for NFL UK and the fans here

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 13 Nov 2012, 2:25 am

They have just 'announced' on the BBC MNF coverage that there will be a 'season ticket' available for both the Wembley games next season. Expect a proper announcement on Tuesday or Wednesday.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 9:12 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:They have just 'announced' on the BBC MNF coverage that there will be a 'season ticket' available for both the Wembley games next season. Expect a proper announcement on Tuesday or Wednesday.

They totally listed to us... Rolling Eyes

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 04 Dec 2012, 7:47 pm

So anyone bought their tickets?

I bought my standard Season Ticket today Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperTanker Tue 04 Dec 2012, 7:54 pm

Yep - all signed up, although I find Ticketmaster a truely frustrating experience. They really need to let you try to specify blocks that are free before allocating tickets - or actually assign you the best ones left. Spend an eage with the club tickets being assigned tickets in the corner, and the same today before eventually getting some on the half way - although way up high.

SuperTanker

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:12 pm

Yeah, I rejected about five sets for being too high up in a section before I eventually pulled the trigger and bought them

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:25 pm

How much are the tickets?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:44 pm

Endzone are £56, sideline are £72.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:46 pm

Cheers MJ, probably can't afford it this year... If they keep the 2 games a season idea for 2014 hopefully I'll be there.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:57 pm

Those prices are for a two game ticket.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 04 Dec 2012, 9:09 pm

That actually seems to be a pretty good price then. Still currently I don't have a guaranteed income next year so cost of getting down to London and probably staying a night might be a bit much, especially as I wouldn't be seeing my team.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:39 pm

Tickets bought today. First time at Wembley. Anybody got any helpful tips for the weekend? Can't wait

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:47 pm

Go a bit earlier for the atmosphere... its usually good fun with every team under the sun being supported Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:02 pm

Going to the 49ers-Jags game, my first time at Wembley for the NFL! Can't wait!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 11 Jan 2013, 8:14 pm

Good.... you should enjoy it... its always fun!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:31 pm

Game sold out. OK

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 13 Jan 2013, 4:39 pm

RDuncan8 wrote:Game sold out. OK

Epic.

Glad they have achieved this with the double game if it is indeed true

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down