The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Kirkland attacked in Sheff Wed vs Leeds game

+14
Beer
User 774433
Crimey
Ayrshirebhoy
Steel
John Cregan
lorus59
Ent
Nakatomi Plaza
NickisBHAFC
Looseheaded
Lumbering_Jack
GSC
Fernando
18 posters

Go down

Chris Kirkland attacked in Sheff Wed vs Leeds game Empty Chris Kirkland attacked in Sheff Wed vs Leeds game

Post by Fernando Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:36 pm

A Leeds fan has come from the crowd and hit Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Chris Kirkland, striking him to the floor

It's morons like this guy that ruin football for the rest of us i hope they ban him for life thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Chris Kirkland attacked in Sheff Wed vs Leeds game Empty Re: Chris Kirkland attacked in Sheff Wed vs Leeds game

Post by GSC Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:09 pm

Have to agree with Dave Jones after the match.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Chris Kirkland attacked in Sheff Wed vs Leeds game Empty Re: Chris Kirkland attacked in Sheff Wed vs Leeds game

Post by GSC Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:11 pm

Apparently the idiot has already been banned and violated it 3 times.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:59 pm

I'd be ashamed if I was Kirkland, rolling round like Tyson just had a free shot on him. Get a grip you big wimp.

As for the press jumping all over it, think they need to get some perspective. Far more serious things happen in town centres every night. Let's not forgot it was just a push. Not condoning it, but come on.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:12 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I'd be ashamed if I was Kirkland, rolling round like Tyson just had a free shot on him. Get a grip you big wimp.

As for the press jumping all over it, think they need to get some perspective. Far more serious things happen in town centres every night. Let's not forgot it was just a push. Not condoning it, but come on.

That makes it alright then.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:17 pm

Its a football game live on Sky not the town center.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:19 pm

I've clearly said I don't condone it. Its right next to the bold...

Calling for him to be jailed is madness, have the folk who drink in city centre watering holes would end up in jail.

Its just a push. Talk about an overreaction.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:21 pm

The location of an offence, or the fact it is live on TV should not change the fact this is an otherwise insignificant offence which you probably wouldn't even get arrested for if it was anywhere else.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:25 pm

This is both reasons for me stopping watching football together in one moment.
The 'hooligan' fans (I know they are fewer than there used to be, but they still exist) combined with the pathetic rolling on the floor makes my blood boil.
Honestly what kind of grown man would go down like such a bitch?

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:31 pm

Hate to burst your bubble here Jack but you are probably in the minority. Kirkland did drop like a sack of spuds granted but it's hardly insignificant.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:34 pm

Leeds should be banned from all away games this season. No chance people can get away with stuff like that.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:35 pm

Agree looseheaded... Clearly the fan is in the wrong but Kirklands reaction just makes him look like a big sissy. I would be confident by 9 year old nephew wouldn't go down from a push similar to that.

Guess top level football is different to lower level and other sports. Whenever I've played sports I've always made and effort to get up if hurt and carry on... You know, act like a man. I was taught this from a young age from my father, maybe Kirklands dad was a woofta.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:36 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Agree looseheaded... Clearly the fan is in the wrong but Kirklands reaction just makes him look like a big sissy. I would be confident by 9 year old nephew wouldn't go down from a push similar to that.

Guess top level football is different to lower level and other sports. Whenever I've played sports I've always made and effort to get up if hurt and carry on... You know, act like a man. I was taught this from a young age from my father, maybe Kirklands dad was a woofta.

Oh no players in the lower/amatuer leagues are still tough as anything, it's just these pros who act like complete tools and take all pride out of the sport.
How can anyone else respect the game when the players themselves dont?

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:38 pm

Nickis - you're exactly the kind of person the press lap up...

Nile Ranger was just this week given a 1500 quid fine for pushing two coppers in what was his 7th or 8th offence. What is worse, pushing two constables, or a goalkeeper.

C'mon guys, get some perspective. It was a nothing incident, the press are just making a big deal of it.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:43 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Nickis - you're exactly the kind of person the press lap up...

Nile Ranger was just this week given a 1500 quid fine for pushing two coppers in what was his 7th or 8th offence. What is worse, pushing two constables, or a goalkeeper.

C'mon guys, get some perspective. It was a nothing incident, the press are just making a big deal of it.

What punishment do you think the guy should get, considering he's been identified as being banned from all grounds three times?

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:48 pm

If that is true and he is a repeat offender then a huge community order would be a good start. 250 hours of picking up litter.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:51 pm

Genuinely interested freekshow, in what way do you think this is a significant incident. Are we talking just on football, or as a criminal offence?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:58 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Genuinely interested freekshow, in what way do you think this is a significant incident. Are we talking just on football, or as a criminal offence?

Both Jack. If you or I were to randomly push somebody for no reason whatsoever then it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that we'd be arrested. It's just wrong to act this way and it has to be deemed significant surely?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 20 Oct 2012, 12:03 am

It is wrong yes, and yes you could potentially be arrested for it, although that in reality probably would not happen unless you got and over zelous copper.

The fan is obviously a fool, but my view is that no lasting damage was done (not that any was done in the first place), give to fool some litter to pick up and tell Kirkland to have a little respect for himself and stop acting like a complete sissy.

I think as crimes go this is not a significant one in any way shape or form.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 20 Oct 2012, 12:14 am

Fairly certain if someone entered my place of work without permission and punched/pushed me in the face they'd be spending a night in the cells.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:40 am

The thing that gets me is that many think to do this anywhere, be it a football ground or a town center is normal behaviour. Why do people have to be come anti-social thugs after a few drinks?

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 20 Oct 2012, 8:59 am

Quite possibly ent, it would depend on how busy the police were with other more important things though.

England is not perfect, far from it, but when such a big deal is made about a push you know your society doesn't have the same issues as most other nations.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 20 Oct 2012, 9:32 am

There are plenty of issues the nation just happens to be obsessed with football so anything that happens in and around the game is headline news.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:00 am

Lets face it, this idiot was jusy one of 100's of Leeds fans who were chanting vile things at Dave Jones last night..................Football still has a problem that needs to be sorted..............and Leeds has always had a bigger problem with deliquent fans than others.................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:55 am

What were the chants?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:37 am

People are being too harsh on Kirkland, this is a guy that gets injured in a stiff breeze
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:53 am

As a Leeds fan i will admit I'm ashamed to support the same team as this guy.vit dave jones stating that all Leeds fans are the same was out of order aswel.

Also yes Leeds fans were chanting at dave jones, but Wednesday fans were also chanting about what happened in turkey. Both sets of fans were disgraceful arguably one Leeds fan took it far too far and hopefully he will get punished for that. But to punish a whole club for the antics of a few is a bit extreme

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 12:01 pm

You gotta feel for the genuine Leeds fans like Steel who do just turn up and support their team in the right manner because the clubs reputation has taken a right battering over the years because of these idiots.

I've read and heard a few people refer to Leeds as the Millwall of the north. Shame really because Leeds are a fantastic football club in the main.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Sat 20 Oct 2012, 12:44 pm

Look at the fan who attacked Neil Lennon at hearts. He actually punched him but got away with it pretty much. They got him as a bigot thou. Priorities Smile

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 20 Oct 2012, 12:50 pm

Steel wrote:As a Leeds fan i will admit I'm ashamed to support the same team as this guy.vit dave jones stating that all Leeds fans are the same was out of order aswel.

Also yes Leeds fans were chanting at dave jones, but Wednesday fans were also chanting about what happened in turkey. Both sets of fans were disgraceful arguably one Leeds fan took it far too far and hopefully he will get punished for that. But to punish a whole club for the antics of a few is a bit extreme

So, according to Warnock(and you), ONE Leeds fan took it too far!!............any other sport and the guy would have been held by the other Leeds fans while the police/stewards were coming to get him.................the problem here is that a large minority of the Leeds fans behind that goal are pure sc*m and will continue to behave like that as long as that culture is tolerated..............................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 1:26 pm

It's dirty, inbred animals like that waste of oxygen that give football such a bad name. After watching it back, Kirkland did perhaps oversell it, but the dirty ape did get him with some force, and judging by Chris' injury record he's probably looking at 4 weeks out with a bruised jaw...

Regardless, the actions of that idiot made my blood boil. The fact he ran away smiling like he'd just won the lottery made me sick.

Let's not forget, he could have been carrying a weapon or anything.

The part that left the sour taste in my mouth was Warnock instructing his players to applaud their 'fans', distasteful in light of what had happened.

A really dark day for football in my opinion. Should never have happened, should never have been allowed to happen and I hope that waste of sperm goes down for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

Dear me, lock up your children we have a serial pusher on the loose.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:08 pm

I think it's important to take into account that Chris Kirkland does have bones made of glass.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:10 pm

If we were to apply everything that people routinely get away in the town centre at night then Britain would be a very sorry place indeed.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:22 pm

As you say John it is a minority every club has them not just Leeds, yes we do have a bad name in football but that is more to do with our well documented history, and this has cast us into a bad light again.

What maybe needs looking at more is how this fan who already has three banning orders already, is banned being in the same city as Leeds are playing on that day and any transport links managed to get into the ground all clubs need to communicate alot better to stamp this out.

And yes DP warnock was wrong in getting the players to clap the crowd after the game but neither should the Sheffield Wednesday players have done the same, both sets of fans were disgraceful

Also Wednesday are acting like this is the first time this has happened since the hooligan days, only a few years ago their fans invaded the pitch and tried to attack clint hill and chased him round the pitch. Main point is its a problem with football in general not just Leeds.

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:56 pm

Fair play Steel, Chris Kirkland attacked in Sheff Wed vs Leeds game 732107
Im not saying Leeds are a whole lot worse that others, just making the point on last night only..............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:58 pm

I think with regards to Kirkland, there was also surprise and panic that he was carrying something in his hands.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 9:15 pm

Cheers Green people! OK

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:06 pm

Bloke has been arrested

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:15 pm

http://newsthump.com/2012/10/20/leeds-fan-eagerly-awaiting-results-of-mensa-application/

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:19 pm

The idiot has been jailed for 4 months
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:57 pm

Not long enough IMO

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 22 Oct 2012, 3:02 pm

Fan runs on pitch and assaults a football player for no reason - 4 months in Jail.

Bloke jumps in the Thames during the boat race - 6 months in Jail.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 Oct 2012, 3:07 pm

Can't have commoners within 100 yards of daddys little angel can we?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Mon 22 Oct 2012, 4:27 pm

In amongst all this moral outrage doesn't anyone else find the incident pretty funny?

Especially when the bum slips over having inflicted his knock-out blow.

Not quite as funny as the Cantona drop-kick but still amusing none the less.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 22 Oct 2012, 5:21 pm

GSC wrote:Can't have commoners within 100 yards of daddys little angel can we?
Laugh

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 22 Oct 2012, 5:26 pm

To those saying it was only a push, look at it again. It's an open handed palm to the face, lots of force used, the guy had a long run-up FFS, no wonder Kirkland went down.

Comparing his 4 month sentence to others who have received lesser punishments for more and to those who have received heavier punishments for less, that must be your introduction to the British Justice System. In this case, the punishment fits the crime, even if countless other incidents don't have the same outcome.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

Plus Kirkland didn't expect him to actually attack him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:16 am

The biggest question out of this (accepting that the 'fan' is the sort of thug that keeps Leeds as having the bad reputation they definitely deserved 25-30 years ago) is what were the stewards doing? As soon as he was over the barriers, there should have been two stewards grabbing him and escorting him firmly out of the ground - if they'd played a bit of basketball with his head on the way, so be it.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:21 am

There were a few that ran on, not just 1 I guess
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down