The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should all boxers be randomly tested throughout the year.

+6
manos de piedra
djlovesyou
Atila
bellchees
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Nico the gman
10 posters

Go down

Should all boxers be randomly tested throughout the year. Empty Should all boxers be randomly tested throughout the year.

Post by Nico the gman Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:08 pm

We always seem to find out a fighter has failed a drugs test just before or after a fight.

I'm not sure it happens but if drugs tests where performed at any given time in any gym then surely the cheats in boxing would be outed.

A fighter could juice up well before a fight and then stop taking the drugs knowing its out of his system come fight night,if drugs are taken anytime regardless of whether you are fighting or not its still cheating.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Should all boxers be randomly tested throughout the year. Empty Re: Should all boxers be randomly tested throughout the year.

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:12 pm

Can't think of any fan who wouldn't want boxers to be tested all year

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Should all boxers be randomly tested throughout the year. Empty Re: Should all boxers be randomly tested throughout the year.

Post by bellchees Sun 21 Oct 2012, 8:26 pm

The governing bodies should make all year testing mandatory for anyone ranked in their top 10, if you refuse testing you can't be ranked. It really should be that simple.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 21 Oct 2012, 8:30 pm

Yes, I think it's a great idea to test everyone but who would do the testing and who would pay for it? Some fighters are dirt poor and don't live close to a big city and live in poor parts of the world.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea and I'm all for it but I just don't know if it can be done.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:19 am

Atila wrote:Yes, I think it's a great idea to test everyone but who would do the testing and who would pay for it? Some fighters are dirt poor and don't live close to a big city and live in poor parts of the world.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea and I'm all for it but I just don't know if it can be done.

That's the problem when the sport doesn't have one controlling governing body.

Although, some in some sports like athletics, having one governing body is just as bad given they still need to look after their cash cows.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 24 Oct 2012, 9:43 pm

I think cost and resources are the biggest hurdles more than anything else. Is there the manpower and financial resources to carry out top level random testing yearly?

At a bare minimum though top level championship fights should undergo the strictest testing available but beyond that Im not sure how feasible it is to apply it to all levels?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 24 Oct 2012, 9:56 pm

They're all on it. It'll only change when someone tests positive after hurting someone. Positive is that it will take out a governing body or 2 and the promoters involved. 3 or 4 years.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:58 pm

Oddly enough David Price has spoken out about it today, which is only good that one of our prospects has mentioned it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/20068384

What's more than shocking is how lax the whole system is. Off the back of the Lance Armstrong case recently, you would think a sport like boxing (with known issues) hasn't been reviewed.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 25 Oct 2012, 6:17 am

You caN see why certain fighters fight so infrequently....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 25 Oct 2012, 6:18 am

seanmichaels wrote: They're all on it.

??????????
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:43 am

TheMackemMawler wrote:
seanmichaels wrote: They're all on it.

??????????

They'd be stupid if they weren't

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 25 Oct 2012, 9:22 am

Decent stat from the Price article

850 boxers under the BBBC, last year there were 200 random tests. So roughly 1 in 4 boxers were tested ONCE last year.

How expensive is it to collect a pot of pi55?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm

Mackem... You've been around the amateur scene. Did people not tkae them in your gym? I've trained at 3 different gyms and it is rife, from those just starting out tho those in pro bouts.

Testing regime is awful.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down