The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An interview with Michael Pittman

5 posters

Go down

An interview with Michael Pittman Empty An interview with Michael Pittman

Post by Thomond Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:47 am

I'm pretty sure I had an old thread for this but couldn't be bothered looking for it. Anyway, have completed an interview with Super Bowl Champ and former Buccaneers, Broncos and Cardinals Running back Michael Pittman, will post some Questions and answers here, the rest will be up on the journal in a moment.

Michael Pittman is a veteran of the game, having spent ten seasons in the National Football League, as well as a season in the United Football League. He had over 5000 yards in his NFL career during which he spent time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Denver Broncos and the Arizona Cardinals. He won a Super Bowl with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002, having signed with the team at the start of the season. He saved his best performance of the year for the big game ending up rushing for over 120 yards on 30 carries in the Super Bowl win against the Oakland Raiders. His 5 year stint with the Buccaneers led to him being named their running back of the 2000s. Now retired, Michael lives in California with his family.

Conor Philpott: How nervous were you before the Super Bowl? Did you believe you would produce the goods come the big game? (as you did in the Super Bowl)

Michael Pittman: I was really nervous before the game. I believe my whole team/coaches were also. The whole world was watching, and it's the biggest sporting even in the world. You can't help but to get nervous you know Smile I believed I was going have a good game. The 2002 year started off rough for me. I suffered a high ankle sprain that slowed me down and lasted all year long.. But once the Superbowl game rolled around, I wasn't going to let nothing stop me, it was a once a lifetime opportunity, so I gave my all and we pulled off a victory.

CP: What was your typical week weight lifting regiment as a player? What were your preferred exercises? Would there be a massive difference between the fitness work you did then and now?

MP: We workout Monday through Friday as a team. I really like working on my legs and shoulders. Those are the two most valuable parts of the body for a professional running back in my opinion. There wasn't a huge difference from how I workout in the off season compared to in season training. We had some good strength trainers and they knew what they were doing.

CP: What would you have said your best skills was as a Running Back? Would there have been any department you would liked to have been better at?

MP: My best skill as a Running back was my ability to catch the ball out of the backfield along with my route running. And there's always room to improve your skills.

CL: How proud do you feel when one of your former players steps out onto an NFL field?

MP: Larry Centers, Mike Alstott, & Thomas Jones in that order.

CP: Who would you say was the best defender you came up against?

MP: Ray Lewis, hands down. That dudes a beast!

Now up in full: http://v2journal.com/an-interview-with-michael-pittman.html

Thomond

Back to top Go down

An interview with Michael Pittman Empty Re: An interview with Michael Pittman

Post by Thomond Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:52 am

Full interview now up for anyone interested: http://v2journal.com/an-interview-with-michael-pittman.html

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:58 am

Cheers for that Thomond...
Have a feeling I submitted a question for this, but it was so long ago, who knows what it was Very Happy

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Very good, I quite like the name of this play: "98-99 Bunch Crunch" though have no idea what it means...

He has a good point about people trying to cheat with drugs in the NFL it does seem to be a guarantee that you'll get caught, I don't know how the NFL conducts it's drugs tests but they're clearly working.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 pm

I absolutely loved this guy back in the day. He was a beast on Madden!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:39 pm

good job, guy looks like a monster in pictures when he was in his prime

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down