The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

raw rating

+3
Mr H
nasisillmatic
Mr Video Man
7 posters

Go down

raw rating Empty raw rating

Post by Mr Video Man Wed 24 Oct 2012, 10:20 am

this week raw got a 2.48 rating which is apparently the lowest rating in 15 years

The three-hour program averaged 3.55 million viewers, beating a year-low of 3.50 million viewers on Oct. 1. Raw drew 3.58 million viewers in the first hour, 3.65 million in the second hour, and 3.43 million in third and final hour.

Viewership for the third hour was a year-low, below 3.47 million viewers seen on Oct. 1. It was the tenth consecutive week where third hour viewership was below viewership in the second hour.

what could wwe do to get their ratings back up more permantly instead of having an appearnce by a legend etc to boost the ratings for 1 show and keep the show doing regular 3.0 or more in the ratings system?..

i think they need to cater for other people other than children which i know is their main target audience but they are doing it so much that they are alienating people from other age demographics and putting those people off the product....myself and many other people on this board included
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

raw rating Empty Re: raw rating

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 24 Oct 2012, 10:32 am

This was always going to happen after going to 3 hours. People like myself cannot be bothered to watch a full 3 hour wrestling program that isn't a PPV.
Add to the fact that most of the show is full of recaps and tailored to kids, why would I sit and watch it for 3 hours. I could just about get through 2.

So I think it either goes back 2 hours, or they fill the 3 hours with a full program and not recaps, and try and cater the program to all age groups.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

The ratings dip in the 3rd hour isnt suprising. Raw airs at 8pm ET in the States, what parents are going to let their kids stay up til 11pm to watch TV? Not all families own ''Sky+'' either.

Besides, American kids take drugs and shoot people so watching a guy in a pink t-shirt talk about Holy Fudge & Baloney isn't very cool, is it?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:02 am

It was also the Presidential debate, so they were expecting it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:04 am

Mr H wrote:The ratings dip in the 3rd hour isnt suprising. Raw airs at 8pm ET in the States, what parents are going to let their kids stay up til 11pm to watch TV? Not all families own ''Sky+'' either.

Besides, American kids take drugs and shoot people so watching a guy in a pink t-shirt talk about Holy Fudge & Baloney isn't very cool, is it?

This is the best statement on the Board for a while!

AMERICA FLICK YEAH

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Price Check On Jackass Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:12 am

American kids are also fat little barstewards so that could explain why they keep putting food references into John boys scripts.

Rise Above Calories !

Price Check On Jackass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:13 am

Rise above the towel rack!

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:24 am

There was a big NFL game, an even bigger NBA game and the debate.

All at the same time. Wouldn't read too much in to it.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Price Check On Jackass Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:28 am

Who would seriously watch the debate?

Unless it finished with Obama saying 'I did not have sexual relations with that man' While pointing at Romney then it really wouldn't have been that interesting.

Price Check On Jackass

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 24 Oct 2012, 12:30 pm

You can make all the excuses you want, NBA, MLB, NFL, politics, whatever. The fact is, it's always going to be up against something else. WWE has to give you a reason to tune into them instead. They don't, and haven't really done so for years. The product on the whole is poor. And the ratings reflect that.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 24 Oct 2012, 1:26 pm

liverbnz wrote:You can make all the excuses you want, NBA, MLB, NFL, politics, whatever. The fact is, it's always going to be up against something else. WWE has to give you a reason to tune into them instead. They don't, and haven't really done so for years. The product on the whole is poor. And the ratings reflect that.

This.

If this was a Raw of 10 or so years ago, the ratings wouldn't have been that bad no matter what was on at the time.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down