The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Everyone: Hatton Prediction Time

+8
Rodney
coxy0001
bhb001
two_tone
Union Cane
azania
seanmichaels
davidemore
12 posters

Go down

Hello Everyone: Hatton Prediction Time Empty Hello Everyone: Hatton Prediction Time

Post by davidemore Tue 30 Oct 2012, 2:53 pm

So, with Ricky due back in the ring very shortly i thought I'd get an early prediction in.

Firstly let me say this. Ricky should not return, IMO. He is shot to high heaven. But he has. So, i talk on it.

After a cagey opening two rounds where Ricky stalks and Senchenko works off the back foot, the fight will open up. In those two rounds Ricky will bob a lot, try and use good feet movement to get inside, and obviously work the body whenever he can. Senchenko will jab, jab and jab and jab.

Round 3-6 will be a little untidy but as the crowd roar Ricky will open up. Throwing some stiff uppers and several more body shots. He may even approach Senchenko with a jab in order to get on the inside. Senchenko will try and keep him off him with combo's and more jabs, but IMO, the occasion will start to get to him.

By 7 or 8, for me, the fight will be over. Ricky will be fighting taller by this point and really unleashing shots. Taking a few too no doubt, but seeing as Senchenko is constantly off-balance and therefore lacking power, he'll be able to do so.

TKO stoppage in the 7th or 8th for Ricky, IMO. Paulie next and then someone really big.

Thoughts?

emore

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone: Hatton Prediction Time Empty Re: Hello Everyone: Hatton Prediction Time

Post by seanmichaels Tue 30 Oct 2012, 2:57 pm

If you think he'll stop Senchenko, beat Paulie and then fight someone BIG, why wouldn't you support his comeback?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone: Hatton Prediction Time Empty Re: Hello Everyone: Hatton Prediction Time

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 2:58 pm

He will win by late stoppage and not look to good in the process. Ring rust probably. Hope he fights Paulie which is winnable but doubtful imo. I seriously hope he doesn't fight Khan as he will lose and lose badly.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:03 pm

Hatton will start strongly, fade, and lose by RSF in the later rounds.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:04 pm

Dear Lord. UC is on them again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:06 pm

Azania it's wrong because the guy with brain damage himself in the process of coming back, IMO.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:07 pm

azania wrote:Dear Lord. UC is on them again.

I'll get one right one day, then who'll be laughing...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:07 pm

davidemore wrote:Azania it's wrong because the guy with brain damage himself in the process of coming back, IMO.

Eh? Hatton brain damaged? He's from Manchester and thus a bit thick but I don't thik he's brain damaged.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:08 pm

Ha. Twice a day a stopped clock is correct. So by the laws of probablilty you should.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:13 pm

azania wrote:
davidemore wrote:Azania it's wrong because the guy with brain damage himself in the process of coming back, IMO.

Eh? Hatton brain damaged? He's from Manchester and thus a bit thick but I don't thik he's brain damaged.

For someone so sensitive of name calling and insults you don't half dish them out on here.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:17 pm

Hatton suffers from depression, he has admitted this. He should not return.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:18 pm

Ah but at least he's sensitive to the issues of race is our Az.

Az, should Clattenburg be sacked for his alleged comments towards John Obi Wan Kenobi Mikel if they are substantiated...or should he just be made to get rid of that stupid hairstyle.

Say what you like about Howard Webb but he has a proper haircut!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:19 pm

davidemore wrote:Hatton suffers from depression, he has admitted this. He should not return.

I see what you mean. Perhaps fighting is a remedy for him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:19 pm

two_tone wrote:
azania wrote:

For someone so sensitive of name calling and insults you don't half dish them out on here.

You can run down London, S. Africa all you want.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:21 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Ah but at least he's sensitive to the issues of race is our Az.

Az, should Clattenburg be sacked for his alleged comments towards John Obi Wan Kenobi Mikel if they are substantiated...or should he just be made to get rid of that stupid hairstyle.

Say what you like about Howard Webb but he has a proper haircut!!!

If he made a racist comment, what do you think. What do you think should happen to him?

If it was racist then he should be fired. Not just because of the racist comment in itself, but because in light of what has been going on over the past 12 months and the past few weeks in particular, it takes a special kind of stupidity to say anything racist now. For that alone he should be fired.

But it's not boxing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:24 pm

Union Cane wrote:Hatton will start strongly, fade, and lose by RSF in the later rounds.

This from the man who always backs Audley! Shocked

Actually, Union, there is a strong possibility that you are correct on this, but I reckon it will all be over in Hatton's favour in the first four rounds.

Last edited by bhb001 on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:26 pm

He should be made to cut his hair, quickly followed by his throat. However, I can't see this ever being verified as comments made via the ref's mic aren't recorded (simple way of avoiding this cr@p in the future though and it could have been cleared up before the end of Super Sunday)

I predict us having to endure another three ring circus lasting at least six months with Clattenburg's name being dragged through the mud and linked to both Nick Griffin and Jimmy Savile

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:28 pm

I hope not. Its a bit rich for footballers to complain given the amount of sht they spout.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:31 pm

Shouldn't have to say this, but can we keep an eye on the language please gentlemen.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:38 pm

Please don't ruin my thread. It's a good post.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:45 pm

Sorry

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:49 pm

If Clattenburg is found guilty then why should he not be:

a) Proportionally given the same ban as Terry/Suarez?
b) Fined proportionally to total yearly earnings as the above 2?

Can't be one rule for one, one rule for another.

And to clarify, Terry/Suarez should be in jail. If a supporter was found guilty they'd be banned from football grounds for life etc.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:50 pm

Wrong thread and sport coxy. Davide has asked politely not to ruin it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:55 pm

Davide can suck on my proverbial, many still remember the obsessive "look at me" comments/threads on the old 606. And I wasn't the one who took it off course and ran with it, I just gave my opinion on the subject being discussed.

And if you want a comment about Hatton, can see him beating Senchenko then Paulie before having one more big one in Vegas against someone like a Ortiz/Berto. So a step down from Pac/FMJ, but hey they'd probably give him another go based on the money/PPVs he brings from these shores.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:56 pm

Ricky should win this and I'm basing this on A) he is at least 75 percent the fighter he was and B) Senchenko looked awful last time out, incidentally the only time I've seen him, so he maybes sold himself short.

However I wouldnt I gamble the small fortune I have in my savings account on a Hatton win.

Rumours are he is looking sharp and good in the gym, but has he actually sparred yet ? Does anyone know ? Only then will he know if he's ready or he should return to the nearest Weatherspoons establishment.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:57 pm

Can't see him fighting Ortiz or Berto when more money can be made for taking a beating from Khan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 30 Oct 2012, 4:02 pm

Yep cos Khan is beating everyone at the minute.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 4:11 pm

C'mon Molina!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 30 Oct 2012, 4:54 pm

Rodney wrote:Only then will he know if he's ready or he should return to the nearest Weatherspoons establishment.

Cheers Rodders

Wetherspoons Rodders, Wetherspoons. I once had a pint in the Putney Wetherspoons at 7am on a sunday morning after an Ian Brown gig in Brixton. I then proceeded to make an awful mess of trap 1. Apologies to the chap who had to clear that up.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Rodney wrote:Only then will he know if he's ready or he should return to the nearest Weatherspoons establishment.

Cheers Rodders

Wetherspoons Rodders, Wetherspoons. I once had a pint in the Putney Wetherspoons at 7am on a sunday morning after an Ian Brown gig in Brixton. I then proceeded to make an awful mess of trap 1. Apologies to the chap who had to clear that up.

Would've thought it was a female doing the cleaning.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 6:38 pm

Rodney wrote:Yep cos Khan is beating everyone at the minute.

Irrelevant. Khan v Hatton is huge money. More than Berto or Ortiz. He wont go near Kell as there is little money and too high a risk.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 30 Oct 2012, 6:53 pm

Little money if he fights Kell? Hearn has gone on record and stated that it would generate 2 million for each fighter at least, little money? You daft or what? lol.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 30 Oct 2012, 6:58 pm

davidemore wrote:Little money if he fights Kell? Hearn has gone on record and stated that it would generate 2 million for each fighter at least, little money? You daft or what? lol.

Hearn would say that. He wants the fight. It may generate £2m. Hatton would get £1.85m and Kel the rest which would probably more than double his career best payday.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 30 Oct 2012, 8:28 pm

I was interested in reading this thread, but bar Rodney and one or two others, the usual candidates are ruining it. If you're wondering who I am referring to it's Coxy and Azania. And to think I rooted for having an old 606er back. Just goes to prove, nostalgia is better left in the memory.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 30 Oct 2012, 8:45 pm

Difficult to predict what happens...Not sure how much Hatton has left and hasn't fought for 3 years.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 30 Oct 2012, 8:49 pm

I'd go with Hatton to win this, providing he's got 50-75% of himself still there, and he doesn't end up gassing an insane amount or something. Towards the later part of Ricky's career he was struggling in the later stages, I can't think that the lay off will help that in the slightest and he may just end up blowing out during the end.

Other than that I can't see past a Hatton win and a Hatton stoppage, most likely around the halfway stage, in my opinion.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 30 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

One thing that worries me about Ricky (one of the many), is how he was against Laczano aftert he Mayweather fight. He nearl got sparked out late. If eh isn't at least 75% we could see something similar.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 30 Oct 2012, 9:48 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:I was interested in reading this thread, but bar Rodney and one or two others, the usual candidates are ruining it. If you're wondering who I am referring to it's Coxy and Azania. And to think I rooted for having an old 606er back. Just goes to prove, nostalgia is better left in the memory.

A few off the cuff remarks never harmed anyone. I perhaps shouldn't have asked Davide to do something to a nether region though.

And back to the topic, yah?

I actually had a dream post Pac that involved me hearing Jim Watt shout "And Hatton is boxing beautifully, who would've thought it after being decked"... I was a big Hatton fan but also a realist against my heart. I'd love to see him give it one more shot and end up in Vegas, I had my dream long weekend ruined by a pillock of a boss for the FMJ fight and so am looking at it through a completely and utterly selfish point of view.

Can't blame the guy for what he's doing. And to be fair who knows, he might come back better than he was around Pacmonster time having had a break and recharged his batteries (minus the coke).

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 30 Oct 2012, 10:12 pm

No idea as to how Hatton has left in the tank or how he will be affected but Senchenko is no great shakes and is getting on a bit himself. I think Hatton will be up for this one and looking to put on a show. I think he might stop Senchenko who might have one on eye on retirement and and fade quickly unless he manages to have some early success.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 30 Oct 2012, 10:19 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:One thing that worries me about Ricky (one of the many), is how he was against Laczano aftert he Mayweather fight. He nearl got sparked out late. If eh isn't at least 75% we could see something similar.

Yeah, I agree, however I would be suprised if Senchenko was the man to unravel him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down