The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sunshine Showdown - Blueprint for success for Fury vs Boytsov?

2 posters

Go down

The Sunshine Showdown - Blueprint for success for Fury vs Boytsov? Empty The Sunshine Showdown - Blueprint for success for Fury vs Boytsov?

Post by Union Cane Wed 31 Oct 2012, 12:18 pm

I re-watched the famous "Sunshine Showdown" from 1973 last night, and it set me thinking that the tactics that Big George used, namely continually pushing the smaller Frazier away, not letting him even get into range, and peppering him with huge shots from distance, would be ideally suited to Tyson Fury against the smaller Denis Boytsov, and in fact any smaller opponent, which let's face it will be most of them.

The only questions being whether Fury has the discipline and ability to carry it out, and whether that amount of pushing would be allowed in this day and age.

Have a look, and see what you think.

Spoiler:

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Sunshine Showdown - Blueprint for success for Fury vs Boytsov? Empty Re: The Sunshine Showdown - Blueprint for success for Fury vs Boytsov?

Post by bellchees Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:52 pm

I think Boytsov will be the physically stronger of the two despite his shortness so I can't see Fury being able to just manhandle him like Foreman did with Frazier.

bellchees

Back to top Go down