The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Varndell & Wade selected to play for England

+6
timhen
HQ matt
AlastairW
niwatts
DaveM
kingelderfield
10 posters

Go down

Varndell & Wade selected to play for England Empty Varndell & Wade selected to play for England

Post by kingelderfield Wed 31 Oct 2012, 10:16 pm

Saxons I imagine.......

England are fortunate to have an entire armoury of excellent Wings to select from. I think Varndell and Wade would be excellent picks for the Fiji game, both in great form, both with points to prove and both players will shake up the stayed/turgid selection programme Lancaster so tidiously and conservatively pursues.

Have some balls man, with respect to Fiji, throw the dice in the air and take advantage of the opportunity the game has to offer.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Varndell & Wade selected to play for England Empty Re: Varndell & Wade selected to play for England

Post by DaveM Wed 31 Oct 2012, 10:54 pm

Wade's finishing was superb at the weekend. I wouldn't be surprised to see him added to the EPS in January. Varndell is also playing well, but then wing is the most likely place to see May who I think SL rates highly.

England are well placed when it comes to wingers.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Varndell & Wade selected to play for England Empty Re: Varndell & Wade selected to play for England

Post by niwatts Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:06 pm

The EPS agreement means that he couldn't have brought both Varndell & Wade in. He was only allowed to substitute the injured before the January, which in the backs was just Foden.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Thu 01 Nov 2012, 5:08 am

There's plenty of injured players to replace so don't come on with the old eps balony.

Lancaster lacks vision and imagination.

May is injured, we play Fiji in 10 days time.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Thu 01 Nov 2012, 8:54 am

kingelderfield wrote:There's plenty of injured players to replace so don't come on with the old eps balony.

And they have been. Lancaster can not replace players due to policy until January; them's the bones, like it or not. The joys of the administration machine at work. You want to dislike SL, fair do's, but at least rag him for circumstances in his control, not policy.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by HQ matt Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:21 am

who replaced :

foden (injured)
hodgeson (retired)

As i can recall the injury replacements have been:
mullan (corbs)
paice (webber)
vunipola (marler)
youngs (hartely)
robson (lawes)

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

Post by timhen Thu 01 Nov 2012, 12:27 pm

Hodgson retired before the summer EPS was announced, so wasn't in the squad to be replaced. Foden was replaced by Monye. If we'd wanted another back we would have had to forgo one of those forwards, which would have left us with either just 1 hooker or 1 Loosehead or 3 locks.

timhen

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Thu 01 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

I'd be very surprised if either Brown of Joseph will be fit and Ashton has been suspended.

This eps is madness and not because it just is, but because it allows an inept coach/panel to hide from the real exposure of their inexperience and general poor ability.

Why is 12trees waiting for selection? Utter madness!

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Thu 01 Nov 2012, 8:44 pm

kingelderfield wrote:I'd be very surprised if either Brown of Joseph will be fit and Ashton has been suspended.

This eps is madness and not because it just is, but because it allows an inept coach/panel to hide from the real exposure of their inexperience and general poor ability.

Why is 12trees waiting for selection? Utter madness!

Why's that?

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:10 pm

More sleep vicar...take two....

I saw the games at the week end and both injuries looked more than two week recoveries.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:52 pm

Brown got injured?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Fri 02 Nov 2012, 9:00 am

Ankle injury - twist/strain think he came off at half time...anyone else anymore details update?

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by HQ matt Fri 02 Nov 2012, 9:06 am

there will be players called up after this weekends games right?

the current squad has 2 fit wingers and 2 full backs and 2 fly halves the training squad for the week before the game will require more players.
makes this weekends AP games interesting.

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Fri 02 Nov 2012, 12:51 pm

Brown is listed in Quins' team this weekend and if Joseph was injured to the degree that would prevent him from training or playing against Fiji he would have been sent back to his club with the other injured.

The whole EPS will be reassembled for training next week, new players will be called up if there are further injuries in training or those who were returned and played for their clubs. Of the backs returned, Youngs, Allen & Brown are all set to play, with JTH rested to fully recover from his knee injury.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 03 Nov 2012, 6:27 am

I think it musy have been a close call between Wade & Monye. Monye has found some form this season but Wade just cannot be ignored.

Last year top scorer in the JWC.

First season for Wasps last year 13 tries in 20 games.

4 tries in 2 games in SA this summer.

This season 7 tries in 8 games! Not bad for a marked man in his second season.

He is simply the best finisher in England.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by HQ matt Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:58 am

Well here is the backs coach discussing his options for the wing spot:

http://www.rfu.com/news/2012/october/newsarticles/261012_faz_on_ugo

I have to say the line up for the fiji game is very much up in the air i wouldnt feel confident naming it at all.

the definite positions?

Marler -if fit
youngs -think they will favour him over paice dispite lineout concerns
cole
parling
? -not sure botha or palmer
? -johnson is the man in possession but haskell and wood are options
robshaw
waldrom- performed well in the 3rd SA test, think they will stick with him
care- but dickson offers a different approach
flood
monye- we could see one of the centres switch to wing (tui or JJ)
barritt
tuilagi
JJ- could just as easily be sharples
goode- ability to play at first reciever will see him promoted ahead of brown

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:16 am

HQ matt wrote:Well here is the backs coach discussing his options for the wing spot:

I have to say the line up for the fiji game is very much up in the air i wouldnt feel confident naming it at all.

the definite positions?

Marler -if fit
cole
parling
robshaw
flood
barritt
tuilagi

Mmm not much of a mention for Wade - all he can do is keep scoring the tries & we are happy to have him at Wasps.
I agree think 11,13 & 14 is the conundrum. On the Rugby Club. Barnes & Morris both picked Tuilagi on the wing in their teams of choice with Barritt & JJ as centres.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:40 am

Watched the Farrell interview, and i'm far more concerned than convinced.

He mentions Strettle...........

Sharples is only one or two games back from injury, and though I think by the eps criteria is worth his place in the squad, he has not as yet regained his form of last season.

If we had a realistic section criteria like every other playing nation then based on form and fitness I don't think anyone could argue with this back selection;

Care
Flood (Burns is taking a sledge hammer to the door)
Varndell
Twelvetrees
Tuilagi (JJ is unfit)
Wade
Goode (Brown injured)

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:09 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
HQ matt wrote:Well here is the backs coach discussing his options for the wing spot:

the definite positions?

Marler -if fit
cole
parling
robshaw
flood
barritt
tuilagi

Mmm not much of a mention for Wade - all he can do is keep scoring the tries & we are happy to have him at Wasps.
I agree think 11,13 & 14 is the conundrum. On the Rugby Club. Barnes & Morris both picked Tuilagi on the wing in their teams of choice with Barritt & JJ as centres.

But Barnes is a moron
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Varndell & Wade selected to play for England Empty Replace Goode with Brown as he is now obviously fit

Post by kingelderfield Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:41 am

kingelderfield wrote:Watched the Farrell interview, and i'm far more concerned than convinced.

He mentions Strettle...........

Sharples is only one or two games back from injury, and though I think by the eps criteria is worth his place in the squad, he has not as yet regained his form of last season.

If we had a realistic section criteria like every other playing nation then based on form and fitness I don't think anyone could argue with this back selection;

Care
Flood (Burns is taking a sledge hammer to the door)
Varndell
Twelvetrees
Tuilagi (JJ is unfit)
Wade
Goode (Brown injured)

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

Good to see SL reads my posts.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:47 am

kingelderfield wrote:Good to see SL reads my posts.
"Houston, the ego has landed"

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Mon 05 Nov 2012, 10:51 am

Wink

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down