The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest fighters whove been in da can.

+8
seanmichaels
coxy0001
88Chris05
Fists of Fury
RatBoy66
azania
Daz
Eric el terible da cat
12 posters

Go down

Greatest fighters whove been in da can. Empty Greatest fighters whove been in da can.

Post by Eric el terible da cat Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:37 pm

The applause will do for later homies yes da cat is back and in a very nice mood.

Anyway my 1st article. As many on here we have all done time in da can, I made my mistake and come back to make millions, I thought da little cat were excretement on my turf so I shot that hairy mofo grey haired in da back with my automatic air gun, unfortunately it wasn't that pesky Cat but mrs Gregory across da road, personally she lost her marbles but I say sorry and da police get me, I came back a better person and hugely successful rapper.

So which leads me to which fighters went in da can and comeback to be successful, Tyson da obvious, Wayne McCullough and Monzon

Who else da greatest jailbirds.

All da best

Eric el terible da cat

Back to top Go down

Greatest fighters whove been in da can. Empty Re: Greatest fighters whove been in da can.

Post by Daz Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:39 pm

A recent addition to the jail bird clan - Floyd Mayweather

Daz

Back to top Go down

Greatest fighters whove been in da can. Empty Re: Greatest fighters whove been in da can.

Post by Eric el terible da cat Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Daz wrote:A recent addition to the jail bird clan - Floyd Mayweather

Yes Daz good shout, I never went to see him da can even after he request, he can't be da friend with 50 cent and da cat

Eric el terible da cat

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Hopkins
Qawi
Did Ali spend a night in a cell for Vietnam?
Liston
Naz

Last edited by azania on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBoy66 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Elvis Presley. He went from Jailhouse Rock to Kid Galahad.

RatBoy66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Welcome back, Eric. How's the rapping career progressin?

Kirkland seems to be doing ok.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric el terible da cat Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Yo fisty hope you're still da man and doing well.

Rapping on da way down, mofos boy bands Fans 4 asking

Eric el terible da cat

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Well, Ray Robinson was flung in a cell overnight in his amateur days (along with his manager) after beating Willie Pep; Pep had been so peerless on the east coast amateur circuit that the authorities believed that Robinson must have lied about still being amateur, otherwise it would surely have been impossible to outbox 'Will O' the Wisp', and he was jailed overnight until he could provide the documentation to prove that he was still in the unpaid ranks. So he has to be number one, I guess!

I tend to think more of fighters who've been jailed before or during their careers, rather than after it, when this question comes up. I think Frankie Randall's mid-to-late-career recovery from drug addiction and jail time to then become the first man to beat Chavez and win a trilogy with Juan Martin Coggi (keeping in mind that he was in his early to mid thirties at this stage) was truly remarkable.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:51 pm

Eric da Cat gets mentioned on the other thread about 606 and suddenly appears..... Dodgy = yes.

Greatest jailbird:

Spoiler:

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric el terible da cat Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:52 pm

Randall were in da can ? Sheeeeeez

I thought he da surgeon,

Respect Christofer for da info

Eric el terible da cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:59 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Eric da Cat gets mentioned on the other thread about 606 and suddenly appears..... Dodgy = yes.

Greatest jailbird:

Spoiler:

Only one way to prove its da real Cat, Eric give us a rhyme.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:05 am

Chris Eubank spent time at a youth offenders facility.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:07 am

Daz wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Eric da Cat gets mentioned on the other thread about 606 and suddenly appears..... Dodgy = yes.

Greatest jailbird:

Spoiler:

Only one way to prove its da real Cat, Eric give us a rhyme.

Agreed, hit us with a sick rap.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 am

Jack Johnson spent time in prison along with Joe Choynski after they fought each other in the early 20th century. They were both arrested for 'illegal' prizefighting and spent some time inside together. Indeed, Johnson later claimed that Choynski taught him many of the skills that Johnson went on to display later in his career, whilst they sparred together for the entertainment of the jails governor.

We all know what Johnson went to become so he has to be up there with the greatest jailbirds of all time.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBoy66 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:13 am

It took me a while to find it but this story did spring to mind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15325092

RatBoy66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:18 am

You beat me to it, Tino.

I take it you've read 'Unforgivable Blackness'? I seem to remember reaction to it being a little bit mixed - what was your verdict?

Personally, I think it's a very, very, very good book; would have been a great one if it weren't for all those excruciating footnotes!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:25 am

88Chris05 wrote:You beat me to it, Tino.

I take it you've read 'Unforgivable Blackness'? I seem to remember reaction to it being a little bit mixed - what was your verdict?

Personally, I think it's a very, very, very good book; would have been a great one if it weren't for all those excruciating footnotes!

I can't really add anymore to that, Chris.

I stopped reading the footnotes about a third of the way through because I found them so restrictive to the narrative and thus my enjoyment of the book. Needless to say, the last two thirds of the book flowed more better. I went back and read the footnotes afterwards and still couldn't see the justification for there being so many.

Overall though, a fantastic book and a really amazing character. I know he splits opinions, but I love the attitude he took, even though it probably harmed the chances of black fighters for a generation. I think long term, his stance was vital to the cause.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric el terible da cat Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:26 am

Hit it nanannannannananana nanana

So khan is back from Garcia
he got hit on da chin it ended in tears
He left Freddie went unda new roof
Don't blame him it was da daddy with da buck tooth

Everybody everybody just came to hello

He now hanging outta girls like a baby ram
It don't preach this in Islam
He gonna knock the sheeze outta molina
He ain't nuffin just a self employed wheelie bin cleaner.

Respect on every aspect and peace in da middle east

Eric el terible da cat

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:28 am

Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBoy66 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:31 am

Eric el terible da cat wrote:Hit it nanannannannananana nanana

That is just... well... kind of... sorry but words fail me.

RatBoy66

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric el terible da cat Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 am

RatBoy66 wrote:

That is just... well... kind of... sorry but words fail me.

Brilliant ?? maybe

Eric el terible da cat

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:48 am

Can never really make sense of Johnson's stance myself, Tino. He did an incredible job of inspiring blacks as a whole right across America, but seemed to really harm their development within his own profession. Overall matters are more important than just boxing, I suppose.

The thing I find strangest, is that Johnson always made a point of stressing that his triumphs were nothing to do with race superiority. Even when it came to the most racially-charged fight of all time against Jeffries, he refused to even entertain the idea that it was the black man against the white man, instead repeating that it was just a fight to see who the best fighter in the world was and that the colour of each man was just an incidental. He even took that same attitude with him in to motor sport when he (foolishly!) challenged Barney Oldfield, despite that being another sport dominated by whites. As you know, he always drove home the point that sports should simply be about the best rising to the top and being allowed to prove their worth.

That's why his refusal to take on the deserving black challengers of his day once he'd won the title confuses me so much.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:54 am

Wasa there a demand for an all black HW championship fight?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:57 am

AMAZING. The Cat is back!!! Laugh

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:10 am

88Chris05 wrote:Can never really make sense of Johnson's stance myself, Tino. He did an incredible job of inspiring blacks as a whole right across America, but seemed to really harm their development within his own profession. Overall matters are more important than just boxing, I suppose.

The thing I find strangest, is that Johnson always made a point of stressing that his triumphs were nothing to do with race superiority. Even when it came to the most racially-charged fight of all time against Jeffries, he refused to even entertain the idea that it was the black man against the white man, instead repeating that it was just a fight to see who the best fighter in the world was and that the colour of each man was just an incidental. He even took that same attitude with him in to motor sport when he (foolishly!) challenged Barney Oldfield, despite that being another sport dominated by whites. As you know, he always drove home the point that sports should simply be about the best rising to the top and being allowed to prove their worth.

That's why his refusal to take on the deserving black challengers of his day once he'd won the title confuses me so much.

Aye, it is a confusing stance, I understand that. It is tough, or impossible even, for people nowadays to really understand the level of persecution he must have felt back then, but to my mind, his utter refusal to even entertain the notion of black and white was a far more powerful statement than grandstanding against the white establishment. I think that attitude took enormous bravery and on many levels, was a far more intelligent process given the power of the establishment back then. These days, the world would be outraged at something similar happening, and you can imagine the protests, coverage etc etc but in the context of the early 20th century, having the fortitude to hold on to a dignified, almost silent, stance took real nerve and foresight. If he had spoken out in the true sense of the word, he would probably, in my opinion anyway, have actually achieved less from socio-political aspect than he did seeing as he would have been chucked back in jail. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I may well be in a minority here, and say that he understood the bigger picture away from his sport.

I do get the confusion though, especially the fact that Johnson the boxer had little to fear from the other leading black contenders of the day. The Langford's, McVea's and Jeanette's were super fighters, but Johnson, especially a confident, world champion version would have nothing to fear from guys he had already beaten previously. I would never deny the fact that he should have fought them, but I still come down on the side of his stance been the correct one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:06 am

Nice skills Eric, glad to have you back!

Re: the subject ill go with Mayweather and Hopkins.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:22 am

Johnny Tapia?

And how can i forget - Edwin Valero! Blooming nutjob.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 am

Ike the President Ibeabuchi

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:35 am

Eric is back! Mega beats mit that one, Eric.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:28 am

These 4 would surely rank high on the list:
Rocky Marciano (Military Prison during his time in the Army)
Carlos Monzon
Pernell Whitaker
Charles McCoy

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down