The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Most Important Post Since My Last Post: Billy Joe Saunders

+3
88Chris05
azania
davidemore
7 posters

Go down

The Most Important Post Since My Last Post: Billy Joe Saunders  Empty The Most Important Post Since My Last Post: Billy Joe Saunders

Post by davidemore Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:36 pm

Here me now, easy now... come on now.

Billy Joe is the most talented middleweight to come out of Britain since rump steak. Ooh, he is so talented, so fast, so cultured with his shots, so willing to put some hurt on his opponents.

Still very young in boxing terms and with his bad hands behind him, how far can he go?

He has it all, right?

Thoughts?

emore

davidemore

Back to top Go down

The Most Important Post Since My Last Post: Billy Joe Saunders  Empty Re: The Most Important Post Since My Last Post: Billy Joe Saunders

Post by azania Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:40 pm

All the way. He impressed me at the Olympics with his style. Still looks like he's carrying a little too much weight.

azania

Back to top Go down

The Most Important Post Since My Last Post: Billy Joe Saunders  Empty Re: The Most Important Post Since My Last Post: Billy Joe Saunders

Post by davidemore Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:41 pm

Conditioning is key. But if he gets his head screwed on in that department, he's golden.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:41 pm

Certainly looks the part so far, davide. I've been very impressed with him. Quick, works the high-low combinations very well and also seems to have a really ruthless and spiteful streak in him, ala Conteh or Froch.

Looks ever so slightly small for a Middleweight, but he's still only in his early twenties so he may well grow in to the 160 lb limit yet. I think he'll have sailed ahead of the Macklins, Barkers and Murrays of this world in the Middleweight pecking order by 2014.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

Actually agree with your assessment of him and while he is young and nowhere near world level, I wouldn't be worried putting him in with Murray, barker, Macklin etc now, although in the real world those fights are still a way off untill Saunders steps it up

Very classy operator, slick skills, good defence and a very good finisher. My one worry about him is his stature as a middleweight, he looks (and always has) fleshy at 160 and if the fights start coming up at 154 I think he would be better suited there

Promising times indeed for him but with gavin and degale not quite hitting the heights expected of them, I'll remain a little apprehensive.

Hopefully warren can keep him busy, as unlikely as it seems

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:47 pm

Thanks guys.

Really do feel that with the right progression and Kell Brook like conditioning he could be the next superstar of UK boxing. He is dynamic.

The rest of the UK middleweights won't go near him.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:04 pm

Get him in with Eubank Jr!

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:07 pm

BallchinianMuffwig wrote:Get him in with Eubank Jr!

Why?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:11 pm

Just because...

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 01 Nov 2012, 11:54 pm

Be a great fight! Eubank Jr will step up and face him soon enough.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 02 Nov 2012, 12:07 am

Can't see eubank troubling Saunders too much except for having a good engine. He is too open and Saunders will bust him up and eubank's lack of power will let Saunders have it his own way whereas Saunders has a fair bit of pop in his punches

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 02 Nov 2012, 1:30 am

Personally doubt it'll ever happen, a fighters "0" is too important these days :/

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:46 pm

Fury Boystov happened, you never know.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:59 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Fury Boystov happened, you never know.

did it?
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 11:54 pm

Signed, anyway.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down