The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wayne Barnes

5 posters

Go down

Wayne Barnes Empty Wayne Barnes

Post by george doors Mon 05 Nov 2012, 12:02 pm

Did anyone else notice the appalling performance by WB at Quins on Saturday. I have seen him have some shockers but this one takes first prize. Both teams on the end of very bad decisions but Quins got the worst.

george doors

Back to top Go down

Wayne Barnes Empty Re: Wayne Barnes

Post by Jimpy Mon 05 Nov 2012, 12:07 pm

No not really, because I didn't think he was at all bad.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 05 Nov 2012, 12:09 pm

I thought he was OK - but i only saw the second half.

From the match thread it looks like both sets of fans felt he was favouring the opposition. I reckon that i sthe best a ref can hope for - upset both sets of fans equally Smile

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:58 pm

george doors wrote:Did anyone else notice the appalling performance by WB at Quins on Saturday. I have seen him have some shockers but this one takes first prize. Both teams on the end of very bad decisions but Quins got the worst.

With that kind of one-eyed view you should be a Glaws supporter Wink

Barnes failed to control either set of players. From a Glaws point of view the missed Wallace block ultimately cost us the game. As did the forward pass to Wallace earlier. I can understand why Quins would be aggrieved with the final set of scrums, but despite the extra man Quins weren't pushing the Glaws scrum back until the penalty awarded to Glaws. By the letter of the law the penalty was right as Gray stood up as he did when Dan Robson was pinged for being offside. This may have swayed Barnes' decision.

Barnes' biggest fault was not getting hold of both teams and binning them for persistent scrum and breakdwon offences. He refereed it to the letter of the law, but needed to be firmer. He failed and it made the game very scrappy.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by george doors Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:33 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:
george doors wrote:Did anyone else notice the appalling performance by WB at Quins on Saturday. I have seen him have some shockers but this one takes first prize. Both teams on the end of very bad decisions but Quins got the worst.

With that kind of one-eyed view you should be a Glaws supporter Wink

Barnes failed to control either set of players. From a Glaws point of view the missed Wallace block ultimately cost us the game. As did the forward pass to Wallace earlier. I can understand why Quins would be aggrieved with the final set of scrums, but despite the extra man Quins weren't pushing the Glaws scrum back until the penalty awarded to Glaws. By the letter of the law the penalty was right as Gray stood up as he did when Dan Robson was pinged for being offside. This may have swayed Barnes' decision.

Barnes' biggest fault was not getting hold of both teams and binning them for persistent scrum and breakdwon offences. He refereed it to the letter of the law, but needed to be firmer. He failed and it made the game very scrappy.

With that sort of one-eyed view you could be a Tigers supporter

george doors

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:44 pm

Don't know about that Sunday game but he was pretty clueless a lot of the time during the Ireland v South Africa game. Not favoring either side just generally a number of bad calls all round. Certainly didn't look like he belonged on the International stage.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down