The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Daniels - best in the world

+3
Dolphin Ziggler
rumfish mcallister
Adam D
7 posters

Go down

Chris Daniels - best in the world Empty Chris Daniels - best in the world

Post by Adam D Fri 09 Nov 2012, 3:06 pm

The best in the world. A statement that many use quite freely in both WWE and TNA Impact to describe certain wrestlers.

CM Punk
Austin Aries

Both are widely lauded as the best in the world at what they do. But I disagree.......

At the moment, the best wrestler in the business at "what he does" is Christopher Daniels (and Kazarian for that matter) - and what he does is seamlessly blend great in ring action, must see promos and most of all steal the show, week in, week out. Even when lumbered with a deplorable storyline!

Chris Daniels has been the forgotten man of TNA for a long time.

In the short time that TNA has been going (well in wrestling terms), the majority of long term fans will cite the Styles vs Daniels feud and the Styles vs Daniels vs Joe feuds as some of the best wrestling storylines and matches ever. And what has happened to the three people in these feuds? Well, AJ and Joe both went on to hold the top belt and be in headline stories. But that didnt happen to Daniels. He was destined for smaller things. Curry Man. Suicide. Carrying around a screwdriver. All very low rent compared to AJ and Joe.

However, that didnt stop Daniels doing what he did best - stealing his part of the show.

The pairing of Daniels and Kaz has been inspired and their development has been extra ordinary. It is a testament to both Kazaniels and AJ that they both came out of the Clare Lynch storyline with any dignity. The fact that they came out of the other end, better for it is mystifying! And on top of that, they have also been competing for airtime against Aces and 8s. Once again, the fact that they have shined during the main storyline of A&8s is bewildering.

This Wednesday, I had the privilege to take part in a press conference with Daniels and the reason why they have done so well together became obvious. Christopher Daniels lives his character, nay, is his character. And that is the success to all of the greats to ever step into the ring - their wrestling persona is an exagerated version of their real self.

Chris came over as an incredibly enthusiastic star which is amazing as he is now 42 - no spring chicken!

However, the partnership that Kazaniels has reminds me of Edge and Christian at their irreverent best. The mannerisms, the facial expressions, side snipes - hell all that is missing is some chin stroking action! And I predict that even though they are older than E&C were, there paths will be similar. A domination of the tag scene for many years before having a major headline run.

If TNA has any sense, Daniels and Kaz will be the main event for tag teams for the next few years. The whole division should be built around these two and if it is, things will look very rosy.

The best in the world at what he [they] does [do]. Well at the moment, Kazaniels are the best tag team out there. And when you look at the storylines that the other to "best elect" have been dealt, for me there is only one winner.

Congrats Mr Daniels - let me buy you an appletini when you next come to the UK!

if you want to listen to the interview, do so **Here**- for me this has been the best one so far. Thanks to Simon at TNA for arranging and remember to catch TNA Impact every Sunday on Challenge, and Turning Point next Wednesday on Challenge.

Lets hear what you think of Kazaniels.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Chris Daniels - best in the world Empty Re: Chris Daniels - best in the world

Post by rumfish mcallister Fri 09 Nov 2012, 7:12 pm

A valid point but i disagree sir... I tune in to TNA occasionally but these guys don't convince that I should tune in the next week to watch them. A lot of that may be down to the presentation of the show however.

They just don't have the excitement factor like someone like Punk has, even Hardy. But maybe I am shallow and just reading too much into presentation and image. And also my main memory of them is that horrific story with AJ Styles

What do I know anyway

Arrrrrgh!

rumfish mcallister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 09 Nov 2012, 8:23 pm

Yarrrrrrrr. Id agree with you in parts Rumfish.

I think they are a cracking tag team, both good on the mic (Kazarian has improved each week i've watched him) and in tune with the subtlety of comedy that works in wrestling. They are both decent enough in the ring too. There is that Edge n Christian hint to them.

However, they aren't carrying anything great yet, no real focus, and they aren't as good in the ring as a Edge n Christian, not as good on the mic, their gimmick is a bit odd with the drinks. They are yet to put on an outstanding match since ive watched. That triple threat at BFG was set up to be amazing but fell a bit flat, and if they cant bring out fantastic matches with Styles and (an admittedly off the pace looking) Angle then there is clearly something a little wrong.

Decent to watch though, shame they are stuck in a TNA that has now killed its tag division.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rumfish mcallister Sat 10 Nov 2012, 6:30 am

But I think he could cement his place as a top guy in either TNA or WWE if he brought back the Curry Man gimmick.... Wink

rumfish mcallister

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 15 Nov 2012, 8:31 am

Daniels is possibly the most criminally underused guy in wrestling history, how the guy hasn't been a top level guy for years is beyond me. He has fantastic charisma, he can work a mic and everytime he's in the ring he sells the story. His problem has always been though that he's always thought of as being AJ Styles mate.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 15 Nov 2012, 9:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f85YVUCyClc

Kaz and Daniels are my favorite tag team currently. Lets hope TNA doesn't muck this up and continues with their funny promos. Also their segment with Hector Guerrero was funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS8RasRX6Ig
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 15 Nov 2012, 9:36 am

Well, its arguable whether he's the best in the world, but I have to say I've always enjoyed watching Daniels.

I agree that for a guy of his talent, both in the ring and on the mic, he ought to have a higher billing / profile than he does. While does come across as a bit of a panto villain at times, I agree that his sheer enthusiasm and energy do put the rest of the roster in the shade at times.

I do like the partership he's built with Kaz and hope the pair of them are given a long run as TNA's "World Tag Team Champions of the World". Faces are only as good as the heels they're pitted against.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:24 pm

The best in the world. A statement that many use quite freely in both WWE and TNA Impact to describe certain wrestlers.

CM Punk
Austin Aries

Both are widely lauded as the best in the world at what they do. But I disagree.......

I disagree to, if the last 3 months have proved anything it's that Aries isn't in Punk's league

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:30 pm

I think Kaz has grown and grown beside him, and if he is used to bring along and bring out the promo and character aspects of other guys then he's doing his job perfectly. It's a role similar to what I think Christian should be doing in WWE, using his experience to bring legitimacy and experience to the tag team division while helping out the people around him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down