The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children's waterproof and outdoor wear

5 posters

Go down

Children's waterproof and outdoor wear Empty Children's waterproof and outdoor wear

Post by graeme Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 11:26

Now, this is a blatant plug, but I checked with Davie and he OK'd it Smile

My wife and I opened a children's clothing shop in November last year and we've just launched our webstore too. Our core outdoor range is from the Swedish brand, Didriksons, who also happen to do well-regarded adult golf clothing. We've got a range of waterproof, fleece and softshell clothing which, whilst not specifically designed for golf, would be pretty much ideal for those of you who have kids who golf (or not for that matter).

The shop is called Funky Rascal and if you want to take a look, I'd be delighted. Feedback is also welcome as we're new to this and everything is an opportunity to learn.

The specific waterproof set I'd recommend is Logan as its outer shell is nylon which is the toughest material of the three waterproof sets we offer.

As an aside, I've just received one of their short-sleeved golf jackets and think it's great - lightweight, very soft fabric, yet windproof, breatheable and highly waterproof. We are considering stocking the golf gear but not just yet, whilst we establish ourselves.

We've only had good feedback about the Didriksons gear, so I hope you like it too.

graeme

Back to top Go down

Children's waterproof and outdoor wear Empty Re: Children's waterproof and outdoor wear

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 11:37

touch expensive for babies Graeme!

17.50 for what amounts to a vest? Not for me matey.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Children's waterproof and outdoor wear Empty Re: Children's waterproof and outdoor wear

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 11:44

LJ

A bit harsh it doesn't seem that expensive for what looks like good quality products. Really where would you get stuff cheaper, maybe the supermarkets but it would fall apart after the first wash.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 11:48

...or £10.00/ £10.50 for the maxomorra versions. you're clearly a man of taste, going straight for the most expensive!

Ej Sikke Lej is a popular Danish brand and we only carry a few things of theirs as they are more expensive, a bit of a special treat! our core everyday range is Maxomorra which is considerably less expensive, still organic cotton and some very funky designs too.

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 11:49

Mac when they are under a year or so old they grow so quickly that it's unreal. the mini-LJ has just got a whole new set of vests and little all in one suits. Mostly from M&S and other similar retailers. 7 similar bodysuits in a short sleeve instead of a long sleeve is a tenner.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 11:50

that said when he's a little older and capable of joining me on the course some lime green trousers will be the order of the day. thumbsup
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 11:57

thx mac! there is no point in a small independent trying to compete with asda or tesco, so we've picked brands/ designs that are different, "funky", good quality and practical. designs and quality you won't find in either the supermarkets or certain well-known high street retailers. i appreciate you can buy a bulk pack of plain white bodies but there are times when you want something a bit more fun!

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 11:58

How is your mini LJ still growing at your age. I mean I keep hoping it continues to grow, but not sure I does.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 11:59

Have you never seen the Austin Powers movies?

There are ways you know!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:10

Nice gear and even a pictire of LJ Junior's new lime green strides on the front page thumbsup

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:12

graeme wrote:thx mac! there is no point in a small independent trying to compete with asda or tesco, so we've picked brands/ designs that are different, "funky", good quality and practical. designs and quality you won't find in either the supermarkets or certain well-known high street retailers. i appreciate you can buy a bulk pack of plain white bodies but there are times when you want something a bit more fun!

True enough Graeme... although with the allergies the little fella has he is constantly throwing up at the moment. Plain white is the preferred choice as at least we can really thrash that in the washing machine! Messy little git that he is!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:18

LondonJonnyO wrote:
graeme wrote:thx mac! there is no point in a small independent trying to compete with asda or tesco, so we've picked brands/ designs that are different, "funky", good quality and practical. designs and quality you won't find in either the supermarkets or certain well-known high street retailers. i appreciate you can buy a bulk pack of plain white bodies but there are times when you want something a bit more fun!

True enough Graeme... although with the allergies the little fella has he is constantly throwing up at the moment. Plain white is the preferred choice as at least we can really thrash that in the washing machine! Messy little git that he is!

Allergies???

What kind of little woose are you raising.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:19

One that can't have peanuts or cows milk protein.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:23

LondonJonnyO wrote:One that can't have peanuts or cows milk protein.

What a woose, get it down him. There was no such thing as allergies in my day. You just got on with it. Next you will claim he has asthma.

Graeme

Am I too old for one of these, the tiger and lion are so cool.

http://www.funkyrascal.co.uk/products/Teddykompaniet-Diinglisar-Wild-Lion-Rattle.html
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:26

Last time he has peanuts his airway started closing up and he was taken to hospital. I think I'll keep them away from him rather than try the get it down him approach!

Annoying thing was I was in the middle of a bloody good round of golf when it happened!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:28

LondonJonnyO wrote:Last time he has peanuts his airway started closing up and he was taken to hospital. I think I'll keep them away from him rather than try the get it down him approach!

Annoying thing was I was in the middle of a bloody good round of golf when it happened!

What were you doing feeding a baby peanuts anyway?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:29

peanut butter
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 12:32

i think they'd be quite good hanging off your bag mac. which reminds me that i have to load all the other cuddly toys on the site.

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:18

graeme

will you be handing out any free samples to your 'web buddies'? Whistle

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:25

hmmm, not sure about free but a special 606 discount could be arranged!

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:30

I am interested in knowing whether D4S is shrinking and planning to get into these kiddies clothes himself... Or if there is something he's not telling us....
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:34

use this code -

606v2_1

for a 10% discount off your first order. mac, i may even throw in a tiger or a lion for you!

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:37

LondonJonnyO wrote:I am interested in knowing whether D4S is shrinking and planning to get into these kiddies clothes himself... Or if there is something he's not telling us....

I'm moving on from ladies clothing and trying kids stuff now for a little change Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:40

It'll be mix and match next.

Please don't wear any of it with the white belt though. That would be a step too far
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:49

Great offer Graeme but I dont have any kids, might be a bit odd start ordering kids toys at my age. Damn need to get some kids as an excuse to order that sort of thing. Erm
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:53

Mac my mascot has been misbehaving of late so is kicked into touch.

My Mr Rude has been replaced with a Monkeh
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 13:55

McLaren wrote:Great offer Graeme but I dont have any kids, might be a bit odd start ordering kids toys at my age. Damn need to get some kids as an excuse to order that sort of thing. Erm

lmao. i've had customers who say they'd like another baby so they can dress them in some of our baby gear, but no one yet has wanted kids so they can buy animal rattles and stuff! thanks mac, that's cracked me up.

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down