The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRU and ticket prices.

+14
bsando
2nd ID of MajorRoadWork
HERSH
fa0019
Effervescing Elephant
offload
AlastairW
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
thebluesmancometh
Portnoy's Complaint
majesticimperialman
dallym
Mr Taff
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WRU and ticket prices. - Page 2 Empty WRU and ticket prices.

Post by Mr Taff Tue 13 Nov 2012, 12:32 am

First topic message reminder :

It saddened me seeing 20,000 seats empty on Saturday. Do I blame the supporters? No. Do I blame the WRU? Yes.

Why should we pay 50 pounds to watch a friendly against Argentina? (No offence Argies, but it's not value for money)

Many 'real' fans are being alientated out of the international game by the WRU for this very matter.

If the prices were dropped by at least a tenner there would of been at least 60,000 in the stadium, But nope, the WRU don't care about the fans. It's disgusting.

The stadium these days are just full with blazers and 'cowgirls' who have no interest in the game. These are the type of people who boo kickers, go to get burgers and hotdogs with only 20 minutes played, keep going to the toilet and disrupting our enjoyment of the game. Im fed up with it.

Your views?

Mr Taff

Back to top Go down

WRU and ticket prices. - Page 2 Empty Re: WRU and ticket prices.

Post by bsando Tue 13 Nov 2012, 12:59 pm

As a Student from Scotland studying in Cardiff I find the ticket prices pretty darn expensive. its my Birthday this week and I was really keen to go to the Samoa game but there are no Student tickets. I think the cheapest I was going to get for two tickets was £50 which is nearly 3 times the amount I paid for two tickets for Scotland vs NZ at Murrayfield.

I know rugby is more popular in Wales but prices are pretty steep. I think if they had some student deals on they would get a lot more seats on bums for games vs pacific islanders and Argentina, etc. Having no student tickets seems very odd to me, especially considering how many students there are in Cardiff as well.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 13 Nov 2012, 1:04 pm

Because every seat is worth much more than a student would pay bsando. They won't bother with a student discounted price when a lady in a cowboy hat will pay much more!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd ID of MajorRoadWork Tue 13 Nov 2012, 1:06 pm

Why anyone would want to pay £25 to see Wales v Samoa is beyond me.

However, saying that you got 2 Scotland v All Blacks tickets for £16 (approx 1/3 of £50 as you say), says more for the state (BAD STATE) of the game in Scotland...

It is about time you all threw in the towel and supported England. At least we can justify the ticket price, by being able to beat the colonies.

2nd ID of MajorRoadWork

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Tue 13 Nov 2012, 1:46 pm

picard

Oh joy, first Mr.Taff and now another one. Yet more support that Einstein was indeed correct.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 13 Nov 2012, 1:59 pm

AlastairW wrote: picard

Oh joy, first Mr.Taff and now another one. Yet more support that Einstein was indeed correct.

That was RogerLewis trying to get around the 2 day ban he earned yesterday for personal attacks on other posters. Seeing as he won't be needing his "Toff" account any more I've amended the name to something more accurate.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 13 Nov 2012, 2:09 pm

Laugh

Bravo pete!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue 13 Nov 2012, 2:12 pm

Mr Taff wrote:It saddened me seeing 20,000 seats empty on Saturday. Do I blame the supporters? No. Do I blame the WRU? Yes.

Why should we pay 50 pounds to watch a friendly against Argentina? (No offence Argies, but it's not value for money)

Many 'real' fans are being alientated out of the international game by the WRU for this very matter.

If the prices were dropped by at least a tenner there would of been at least 60,000 in the stadium, But nope, the WRU don't care about the fans. It's disgusting.

The stadium these days are just full with blazers and 'cowgirls' who have no interest in the game. These are the type of people who boo kickers, go to get burgers and hotdogs with only 20 minutes played, keep going to the toilet and disrupting our enjoyment of the game. Im fed up with it.

Your views?

I think Wales and a lot of Welsh fans took the game for granted, and disrespected Argentina and stayed away assuming an easy victory. Perhaps the stadium would be full for the rematch?

Argentina certainly contributed more to the spectacle than the home team, that's for sure.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Tue 13 Nov 2012, 2:27 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

That was RogerLewis trying to get around the 2 day ban he earned yesterday for personal attacks on other posters. Seeing as he won't be needing his "Toff" account any more I've amended the name to something more accurate.

thumbsup Great work. Rather disproves the Einstein thing though, but i guess he's alright with that being dead and all.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlAngry Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:04 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Pete you are an arrogant over zealous official who has let a little power go to your head.

I am not RogerLewis or any other poster. I have only one account, apart from this new one I have had to create to be able to respond to your allegation, of which is completely unfounded and based on assumption with NO EVIDENCE.

I demand an apology and my account (Earl Toff of Twickenham) reinstated. mad

And next time before you make these allegations I suggest you get some proof.

EarlAngry

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:21 pm

uh oh

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:23 pm

WRU and ticket prices. - Page 2 1347041234

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:28 pm

I'll ask here as well. If your 'only' account was created today, how do you know Pete has 'let a little power go to his head'?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlAngry Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:32 pm

Because look at the quote and his post above. He states he as renamed my account, and when I try to log on it says it is banned.

He is a mod, isnt he...

He has acted on an assumption with no proof. And he will never get any proof as he is completly incorrect.

EarlAngry

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:54 pm

Unless he looks at your IP Address!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:58 pm

You are no Etonian. You probably went to some little place like Bryanston or worse still, Bedales. Maybe Shiplake.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue 13 Nov 2012, 10:17 pm

EarlAngry wrote:Because look at the quote and his post above. He states he as renamed my account, and when I try to log on it says it is banned.

Huh? That sentence isn't even grammatically correct. Don't try and sneak back in by pretending not to speak English correctly, it probably won't work.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Tue 13 Nov 2012, 10:47 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:
EarlAngry wrote:Because look at the quote and his post above. He states he as renamed my account, and when I try to log on it says it is banned.

Huh? That sentence isn't even grammatically correct. Don't try and sneak back in by pretending not to speak English correctly, it probably won't work.

AWOP, occasionally in the midst of all your nonsense, you make me smile.
Wink
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2